Thread: Campaign Focus: Make people learn about the commerce clause

Lightbulb Campaign Focus: Make people learn about the commerce clause

This is just random musing about possible campaign strategies for Rand Paul to take after he decides to resume media contacts.

Put focus on Conway comments that only lawyers (such as himself) are qualified to speak about the constitution. As he was quoted: "When you go to law school, and this is why I was amused to get a constitutional law lecture from Rand Paul and Sarah Palin when they asked me to file that lawsuit, they may have slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but they didn't go to law school. One of the first things they teach you when you go into a constitutional law class is this case about the Civil Rights Act of 1964," Conway said.

Put focus on the constitution. Especially shine the bright light on the commerce clause. Most of the people I talk to are very surprised what kind of laws are passed using interstate commerce clause as justification.

I became a US citizen couple of years ago and took an oath, part of which said: "I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic;"

I don't think that only newly minted citizens are required to defend the constitution. I think that it is implied that all US citizens need to support and defend the constitution. Conway elitism with respect to that is just wrong.

By emphasizing that it is the job of all of us, not just the supreme court and laywers, to defend the constitution, and tying it with Tea Party focus on the basing law on enumerated powers, Rand Paul can get back to defining and evangelizing Tea Party platform and get back on his message.
    Last edited by Harald; 05-24-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: bold formatting for Conway quote

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who cares what "light" you shine on the intent of the commerce clause???

The BLACK ROBES decide...... they sure as hell don't care what a minority of the people are preaching (even if it may be correct)...

the judicial branch is LIVING PROOF of the saying "to the victor go the spoils".

they make the political wars won by the mass programming of mass idiots into the CHA-CHING of the state.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson