Thread: Rand on Lexington Radio 5/24/2010 9:00 AM EST

Rand on Lexington Radio 5/24/2010 9:00 AM EST

http://www.wvlkam.com

1-877-777-0590

I encourage supporters to call in and ask questions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarsRevenge View Post
    http://www.wvlkam.com

1-877-777-0590

I encourage supporters to call in and ask questions.
    Did you see the poll?

The question:
    Politically speaking, Rand Paul's recent comments are...
    The answers:
    a glancing blow

a devastating blow

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    Did you see the poll?

The question:

The answers:
    get on that
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

"Glancing Blow" is a boxing term that means it has no real damage. That's a fair poll.

Is Rand scheduled to be on? Or is the show just about him?

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 08:43 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I haven't heard him say Rand will be on. Is it just about him or will they have Rand on later?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The east/west coast liberals that think Rand is done after that media smearing, are in for a big wakeup call. Hell, they'll probably want to bomb KY after this election to bring it "freedom".
    I fully expect the left to call for a boycott of KY should Rand win.

Great callers --- some serious Kentucky twang a-goin' on down there.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Hearing a few familiar voices I think.

//
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

I was the caller that gave the the Challenger and Columbia shuttle disaster analogy.
    Has Gun Will Revolt

Those airwaves were straight-dominated for the entire hour.

Well, I hope the show was reflective of republican voters in KY.
    Gotta say though that I wish that last caller had not gotten in. Why do people always have to state their positions of support by going one step too far?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    Gotta say though that I wish that last caller had not gotten in. Why do people always have to state their positions of support by going one step too far?
    What did I miss?

I flipped over to Mandy on WHAS and it was lit up with Rand support.

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    Republicans and the one dude was a Democrat which is another good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    I was the caller that gave the the Challenger and Columbia shuttle disaster analogy.
    Bravo, good sir. Was your call also the one that mentioned being able to tell where Rand's heart lies on an issue? I can't remember if those were the same caller, but that really stuck out to me as well.

That last call (the lady) was likely a bit overzealous, but that's fine I think. That's the voice I found familiar—she sounded just like a person I met at the rally on Saturday.

The mythical "tea party" gets a lot of credit for Rand's primary victory, but I suspect it's us diehards who are really helping get the word out. While Conway's supporters (and Greyson's before) are relaxing, we're hitting the airwaves to make sure our candidate isn't misrepresented.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The east/west coast liberals that think Rand is done after that media smearing, are in for a big wakeup call. Hell, they'll probably want to bomb KY after this election to bring it "freedom".
    hahahahahahaha, that's almost funny if it wasn't true...

That poll is nasty in insinuating there is substance at all. Voted for 'glancing blow'.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    "Glancing Blow" is a boxing term that means it has no real damage. That's a fair poll.
    Close, a glancing blow is contact that is not scored as points.

"Clean Punching

A clean punch is one that lands on a scoring area (face or side of head, not including the back of the head; the front and sides of the torso) with the knuckle portion of the glove. In amateur boxing, the scoring portion of the glove is white. Though a professional glove lacks such markings, the scoring portion of the glove is basically the same.

Clean punches will land flush, not glancing or partially blocked by one's opponent. "Slapping" or "backhanding" is not allowed."
    Last edited by damiengwa; 05-24-2010 at 10:40 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeman View Post
    Bravo, good sir. Was your call also the one that mentioned being able to tell where Rand's heart lies on an issue? I can't remember if those were the same caller, but that really stuck out to me as well.

That last call (the lady) was likely a bit overzealous, but that's fine I think. That's the voice I found familiar—she sounded just like a person I met at the rally on Saturday.

The mythical "tea party" gets a lot of credit for Rand's primary victory, but I suspect it's us diehards who are really helping get the word out. While Conway's supporters (and Greyson's before) are relaxing, we're hitting the airwaves to make sure our candidate isn't misrepresented.
    No that guy was before me I think.
    Last edited by SWATH; 05-24-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Has Gun Will Revolt

great job guys!

It's great that we get our message out 24/7

There are some voters that may only hear about Rand and his positions on a few occasions, so it is crucial to get the word out at every opportunity.

1 discussion on the radio about Rand or 1 letter to the editor may sway a voter...and that voter may then talk to 5 of his friends. Never underestimate the value of having individual supporters getting the word out. That's why we smashed Grayson - you guys on the ground did a phenomenal job of going door-to-door, talking to people, calling into shows, etc. That personal touch is HUGE

give me those audio links son!
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)