Thread: Photos: Rand Paul at Unity Rally in Frankfort, KY

Thumbs up Photos: Rand Paul at Unity Rally in Frankfort, KY

Just got back from the Unity Rally held earlier today in Frankfort. First off, the event was packed. And I'd like to thank David Adams for getting me in beforehand . But anyway, all the GOP state officials were there, minus Geoff Davis who couldn't make it due to a "family issue." But once again, I got some pictures from the event that I would like to share with you all. You can find even more on my Flickr, here.

Treyson was surprisingly there as well. Here he is pondering "What's that big blue thing with the white cotton balls?"

Had a lot of fun at the event, though I wish they had a better cooling system inside the building . I believe the Courier Journal has video of the event for those who were plagued with the bad live stream connection.

You can find nearly 40 photos from the event here.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweet pics Gage.. But when I saw Jesse Benton .. Ughh
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

thanks for taking pics and sharing! they're good

Thanks for the pics.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Good to see GOP stand together against the liberals. Seems like they all looked cheerful. No bad feelings after primary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

My pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Sweet pics Gage.. But when I saw Jesse Benton .. Ughh
    Haha, yeah he's been working for the campaign lately .
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Great pics, thanks again Gage!

But I do want to say that in most of the pics and in the video, Rand appeared kinda solemn. What was your impression being there?
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by kotin View Post
    sweet pics gage.. But when i saw jesse benton .. Ughh
    lol

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    Great pics, thanks again Gage!

But I do want to say that in most of the pics and in the video, Rand appeared kinda solemn. What was your impression being there?
    I think he just needs a week to rest. He's said himself that he's tired, so I think if he could just get a good night's sleep for a few nights, to go after Conway even stronger, he may be back to his more enthusiastic self.

I just saw Mitch McConels speech and I know why he was so happy in Gage's pictures. He got so much applause talking probably more then his past speeches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Thank you for the pics, Gage. Where's Bunning, though?

Anyone else notice Trey in the background of picture #1...lol

Anyway, glad he's "on our side"

Quote Originally Posted by CheezItsRule View Post
    Mitch and Bunning in the same room???

That should answer it

Thanks a lot GAGE!

Love all the photos over the course of the campaign so far

Definitely helps us outside KY feel connected

Was Toady there?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

He wasn't there, unfortunately .

And neither was Toady.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting.

I do have to say BTW, Rand just looks "presidential". I don't even know exactly what that is, but whatever it is Rand looks it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    My pleasure.

Haha, yeah he's been working for the campaign lately .
    He didn't book Maddow, did he?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadheadForPaul View Post
    Mitch and Bunning in the same room???

That should answer it
    Aren't they in the same room in the Senate everyday.
    I really think Bunning should've been there though. I like the fact he was on our side. And Rand didn't even mention him in the speech, did he?
    I just envisioned Bunning would be there, gleaming like a proud papa.

Rand along with his crew, looks bad ass... presidential possibly, definitely Senetorial.

Aren't they in the same room in the Senate everyday.
    I really think Bunning should've been there though. I like the fact he was on our side. And Rand didn't even mention him in the speech, did he?
    I just envisioned Bunning would be there, gleaming like a proud papa.
    Bunning and McConnell clearly are at odds and may even hate each other

Bunning feels like McConnell forced him out in a behind-the-scenes way, and I'm sure he was laughing about how his candidate beat McConnell's

Quote Originally Posted by DeadheadForPaul View Post
    Bunning and McConnell clearly are at odds and may even hate each other

Bunning feels like McConnell forced him out in a behind-the-scenes way, and I'm sure he was laughing about how his candidate beat McConnell's
    Either way, I hope he was invited.

I detest Jesse Benton.

get him off your staff.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

Thanks Gage.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We will regroup. It's nearly crazy (as someone involved with the 2008 campaign) to see that group together but goddamn Ill take it right now.

THE ALTERNATIVE IS JACK CONWAY! Damn it I feel myself falling into the false left v right paradigm at times but sometimes you just gotta play ball if you're going to penetrate today's political system in the United States. My pragmatic side is leaking into my purist side.

Great pics Gage. Thanks for posting. Any of Rand's protestors? Im sure those pics would help with conservative support.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book