Thread: [Vid] Erick Erickson, Bob Barr on CNN on Paul

[Vid] Erick Erickson, Bob Barr on CNN on Paul

Last edited by 0zzy; 05-21-2010 at 07:52 PM.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    Bob "CIA" Barr is an $#@!.
    he kinda speaks some truth though. big leagues means big league players. don't let them fool you and stay on message
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    he kinda speaks some truth though. big leagues means big league players. don't let them fool you and stay on message
    Yeah, but he's still an $#@!.

King's explanation was pretty good, I thought.

I think non-progressives will come out liking Rand more watching that segment.

I'd like to once again thank every libertarian who supported barr for the LP nomination... Old reliable Barr to stab the LP movement in the back...

This one was definitely positive PR compared to some of the other coal rakings that Rand has taken. CNN has gained some respect from me today.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You guys must have wax in your ears. All Bob Barr said is that Rand needs to tighten up his answers, and maybe even play a little politics, when he is on the national stage. I think that's realistic. Maybe Rand should have just said "Yes, I support clause 2 of the CRA". He came out and said it the next day anyway. While it's not true, it shuts everybody up, and Rand can move on to more important things.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

I agree, Barr gave some useful constructive criticism.

nice piece.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Bob Barr can suck eggs. Either Paul on their worst day is head and shoulders above him.

Thumbs up

Erickson: "...that's the type of people we need to send to Washington."

Quote Originally Posted by Depressed Liberator View Post
    King's explanation was pretty good, I thought.
    Yes, assuming that was the CNN host, he was pretty fair about it.

Is CNN using Hegelian dialectic? They now have MSNBC playing the rabid far-left. Is this setting CNN up as the "moderate" (while really pushing the whole conversation to the left)?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Is CNN using Hegelian dialectic? They now have MSNBC playing the rabid far-left. Is this setting CNN up as the "moderate" (while really pushing the whole conversation to the left)?
    John King (the host) is supposed to represent the center. He has Republicans and Democrats on. While it's pretty good for your standard Republican or Democrat, for us, we tend to disagree with both sides, so it isn't "balanced."

For instance, a few weeks ago on CNN Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) and Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) were debating about financial reform. Menendez was in favor of the senate bill, but Chambliss was against it because it didn't place the regulations in place he and the GOP wanted. So, both sides agreed on new regulations, they just disagreed on the details. For us, there was no one there debating the point about regulation and the Fed causing the bubbles and busts.

Essentially: MSNBC: The Left. CNN: The Center. Fox News: The Right.

If Bob Barr wants to give constructive criticism he could call Rand on the phone. Doing it on national TV is just wasting your time. He had some free soapbox time, he could have used it to say something useful or pro-liberty to the viewers. He could've said "I agree with him that businesses should be free to discriminate and here's why" or at least mentioned "I think Rand Paul is a great guy". As it is, the Red State guy came out pro-liberty and pro-Rand while Barr was just blah blah blah.

Then again, maybe a Barr endorsement would be a liability.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Bob Barr can suck eggs. Either Paul on their worst day is head and shoulders above him.
    Good lord. Who gives a fuk? This isn't about Barr. I'm not Barr fan but that doesn't mean what he said here tonight makes him evil. Sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    If Bob Barr wants to give constructive criticism he could call Rand on the phone. Doing it on national TV is just wasting your time. He had some free soapbox time, he could have used it to say something useful or pro-liberty to the viewers. He could've said "I agree with him that businesses should be free to discriminate and here's why" or at least mentioned "I think Rand Paul is a great guy". As it is, the Red State guy came out pro-liberty and pro-Rand while Barr was just blah blah blah.

Then again, maybe a Barr endorsement would be a liability.
    What part of Barr saying "This isn't about what I agree with" did you not get? He's right. The segment wasn't about what he or Erick agree with. I don't give two $#@!s about what Barr agrees with. Barr is a slick pol and I'll take his advice when it comes to playing politics. If I want a philosophy lecture on the issues I'm not coming to Bob Barr. Maybe you are. Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Me thinks you're WAAAAY over-analyzing. Relax Alex.

Bob Barr is disgusting, and anyone who might want to sympathize with this man, telling "the little people" that there are "'RULES' we must play by" can go stick their tongue to a telephone pole in freezing weather as far as I am concerned. They deserve it for their scheer schtupidity hey psssssstttt... the schedule schays there is a sclight schance of shcattered schowers...

Last edited by TigerPrwn; 05-22-2010 at 12:55 AM.

great clip

- not bad advice from Barr.
    Great discussion for the country to have.

Rand is going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    - not bad advice from Barr.
    Great discussion for the country to have.

Rand is going to win.
    Bob Barr has NO BUSINESS giving Rand Paul advice. He should not be trusted. Ron Paul trusted and look what that got him. I'd probably look at doing the opposite and then working back to the middle from there, not the other way around as Bob would have you believe. he works backwards just like our Fed. gov't. When will people get this? hell, I admit, I had faith in Machel Cabnow. I was taken for a ride, caught off guard, she looked so innocent....
    Last edited by TigerPrwn; 05-22-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerPrwn View Post
    Bob Barr has NO BUSINESS giving Rand Paul advice. He should not be trusted. Ron Paul trusted and look what that got him. I'd probably look at doing the opposite and then working back to the middle from there, not the other way around as Bob would have you believe. he works backwards just like our Fed. gov't. When will people get this? hell, I admit, I had faith in Machel Cabnow. I was taken for a ride, caught off guard, she looked so innocent....
    uh... He was simply giving his opinion on how to deal with the press. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheConstitutionLives View Post
    uh... He was simply giving his opinion on how to deal with the press. Don't get your panties in a wad.
    I have NO PANTIES in this fight. do you?

Perhaps we would have "some transparency" if TCL show some STRANGS? who knows?
    Last edited by TigerPrwn; 05-22-2010 at 02:19 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bob Barr is a scumbag. If Ron Paul accepted his invitation to be the VP on his libertarian ticket in 2008 I bet he would not be nearly so critical of Rand. If Ron Paul endorsed him in 2008 instead of the Constitution Party's candidate then I bet he would not be nearly so critical of Rand.

Wow. I think John King is starting to get it. And Bob Barr is a freaking idiot and how in the hell did HE get the libertarian nomination!!!???!!!??! I think Rand gave a damn good answer and its making people think outside the box.