Thread: Governor Chris Christie

Governor Chris Christie

I've been watching some his videos on youtube and it's real interesting what he's doing in New Jersey.

YouTube - NJ Gov Christie Address on Spending Cuts

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...o_minutes.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's been better then I thought he would be. I voted for Lonegan. But his stand against the teachers cartel is awesome. I can't fault him. He's too busy killing them to raise my taxes.

this is my governor... better than the old governor who was an ex vice-president of Goldman Sachs (I think?) Jon Corzine. Lots of teacher's union ads have been running here, and teacher unions have been wishing for his death. I'm beginning to think the majority of teachers care more about their salary than education. They were over-payed to start with.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Christie is doing some good up there. It's nice to see someone with the courage to go toe to toe with the corrupt teachers union. It has to be done, I mean sooner or it has to be done. I like his resolve on fiscal issues.

He is getting killed by the uneducated, new crop of young teachers (my college class) because he is making it hard for them to get jobs. When in reality, its their bosses that won't take a pay cut so more teachers can be hired. Its really embarrassing that they can't see who the bad guys really are.

Well Chieppa1 change is coming whether the teacher unions like it or not. It cannot logically continue that which is happening right now. A governmetn decree does not create wealth. I do wish these people had more sense.

I thought he'd be just another empty suit but he's certainly taking a stand here. The teacher's union is NOT happy.

Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post
    I thought he'd be just another empty suit but he's certainly taking a stand here. The teacher's union is NOT happy.
    The teachers unions needs to be confronted and brought down. they are harming our children. They take resources from the people using force and deny children a real education at the same time. If ever anything needed to go down it is the teachers union.

Maybe Christie will do it or maybe he will fire the opening salvo and be a casualty of battle, either way I respect the man for what he is tring to do.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like this guy... here are a few of his latest shakeups in NJ after they threw Jon Corzine out.

YouTube - New Jersey Governor Chris Christie calls Star-Ledger columnist thin-skinned

The Millionaires tax

YouTube - New Jersey Millionaire Income-Tax Increase May Pass: Video

Vetoed!

YouTube - A-10 and A-20 Veto

I understand the folks who want more of a 'statesman' quality in leadership
    But hey.... this in New Jersey....
    kind of like trying to find 'integrity' and 'honor' in Chicago politics.... this guy is about as 'teaparty' as you're gonna get in a 'bowrey boyz' state like New Jersey.

Some may not care for the guy....
    It's like enjoying The Sopranos... it is what it is.
    He's perfect (for New Jersey).... can't imagine what he'd be like as a POTUS.

NY State needs a Chris Christie, and we need him yesterday.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

I dont know about his past but what he is doing now is tottaly awesome. I am glad that I moving here from NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Christie is acting like the Rex Ryan of politics and I am thoroughly impressed. Now I just need a governor in NY to act the same way. Hopefully he rubs off on the area.

Edit:
    Just went to his site and I found "88 Ways Chris Christie Will Fix New Jersey". It really has some excellent ideas and shows that he has some pretty good intentions, now it's a matter of follow through.

Here's a link:
    http://christiefornj.com/about/88-wa...ll-fix-nj.html
    Last edited by Ytrebil; 05-21-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    He is getting killed by the uneducated, new crop of young teachers (my college class) because he is making it hard for them to get jobs. When in reality, its their bosses that won't take a pay cut so more teachers can be hired. Its really embarrassing that they can't see who the bad guys really are.
    That's my argument. Its not that they need to $#@!can teachers (or refuse to hire more) its the damned Admins who make $250k a year or more need to get pay cuts. The real leeches on the system are not the teachers but the top-heavy bureaucrats.
    "Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Μολὼν λάβε

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt

I love Chris Christie, but there are powerful forces fighting against him right now. Christie needs support in the new media and we must help the young teachers in New Jersey understand that Christie is not their enemy. Their own union leadership is.

Christie is a pleasant surprise. He is cutting spending anywhere and everywhere he can.