Thread: Rand Paul In The Wolf's Den

Rand Paul In The Wolf's Den

Long time KY Republican strategist Marcus Carey writes:

When Rand Paul woke up this morning the 24 hour news cycle was already spinning out of control. Had the darling of the TEA party movement REALLY said that he wanted to repeal the 1964 Civil Rights Act? Had he really said that Martin Luther King Jr. could be denied a seat at a lunch counter if he'd had his way. No.

He neither said those things nor did he believe them. But that didn't stop MSNBC from trying to improve its dismal ratings by helping to make such wild allegations go viral.

And go viral they did. By the time that CNN booked Rand Paul on the Wolf Blitzer show many of us who have been watching Paul's incredible rise in politics felt that his day of being ravaged by the press meant that Saturday in Frankfort might be a much more tense, and potentially much more lonely "Unity Rally" than the advance billing might suggest.

But then Rand went one on one in the Wolf's den. He not only survived, but more deftly than expected shooed away the shrill fears of detractors and supporters alike. You watch, and then decide for yourself.

YouTube - Rand Paul Defends His Views On Race
    Read the rest.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweet!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Thanks this should clear up a lot of misinformation and stop the howling mob.