Thread: CBS write up of the 'civil rights act' 'issue'

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing harmful there.

Can we merge these civil rights threads or something?

Im glad they are playing the race card so early.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Nothing harmful there.
    Actually, quite positive. If I read that, I would get a good idea of where he was coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Can we merge these civil rights threads or something?
    The DNC has succesfully changed the debate from the economy and taxes, to 46yr old legislation.

I would prefer all these threads stay seperate so we can have discussions on each of these attacks seperately and on their comments sections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The DNC has succesfully changed the debate from the economy and taxes, to 46yr old legislation.
    No they haven't. That wont change until unemployment drops and people see the end of the tunnel. Rand just needs to hammer it home.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    No they haven't. That wont change until unemployment drops and people see the end of the tunnel. Rand just needs to hammer it home.
    You must be looking at a different forum and different media than I am then.

The key here, would be how to turn this debate into a discussion on unemployment. Angle: has the civil rights act hurt minority businesses? I think an argument can be made that it has. It sure would be nice to get walter williams to jump in on this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You must be looking at a different forum and different media than I am then.

The key here, would be how to turn this debate into a discussion on unemployment. Angle: has the civil rights act hurt minority businesses? I think an argument can be made that it has. It sure would be nice to get walter williams to jump in on this discussion.
    I sure don't want to run against the civil rights act. Rand isn't running against it, the Supreme Court has already upheld it, and it is a closed issue. The entire point of raising it was to marginalize him, not to explore legislation he actually proposed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.