Thread: Conway campaign received $100,000 from Wall Street

Conway campaign received $100,000 from Wall Street

Dan Mongiardo penned this op-ed in Sunday's Lexington Herald-Leader, slamming his opponent, Jack Conway:

“The fundamental question for Democratic Primary voters is: Who's on your side? As attorney general, Jack Conway collected over $70,000 in campaign cash from utility companies while his office negotiated millions in rate hikes. Conway has pocketed $106,000 from Wall Street insiders, including Goldman Sachs.

I have stood up for Kentucky ratepayers and challenged Conway on his unethical conduct and proposed the toughest Wall Street reforms of any candidate. Since expressing support for Henry Waxman's cap-and-trade bill last year, national Democrats have pumped over $500,000 into Conway's campaign coffers.

In contrast, I strongly oppose cap and trade. It will devastate Kentucky's economy and increase electric rates.

If you're looking for another lawyer-politician who's more comfortable schmoozing with Washington lobbyists than Kentucky factory workers, Jack 's your guy. But if you're looking for a small-town doctor who will hold Wall Street accountable, get spending under control and champion the cause of Kentucky's working families, your hunt is over.

Read more at the Washington Examiner:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...#ixzz0oSjbC9p2

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another "anti-bailout" candidate getting money from those bailed out. Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Dan Mongiardo penned this op-ed in Sunday's Lexington Herald-Leader, slamming his opponent, Jack Conway:

“The fundamental question for Democratic Primary voters is: Who's on your side? As attorney general, Jack Conway collected over $70,000 in campaign cash from utility companies while his office negotiated millions in rate hikes. Conway has pocketed $106,000 from Wall Street insiders, including Goldman Sachs.

I have stood up for Kentucky ratepayers and challenged Conway on his unethical conduct and proposed the toughest Wall Street reforms of any candidate. Since expressing support for Henry Waxman's cap-and-trade bill last year, national Democrats have pumped over $500,000 into Conway's campaign coffers.

In contrast, I strongly oppose cap and trade. It will devastate Kentucky's economy and increase electric rates.

If you're looking for another lawyer-politician who's more comfortable schmoozing with Washington lobbyists than Kentucky factory workers, Jack 's your guy. But if you're looking for a small-town doctor who will hold Wall Street accountable, get spending under control and champion the cause of Kentucky's working families, your hunt is over.

Read more at the Washington Examiner:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...#ixzz0oSjbC9p2
    LOL!

This makes the candidate positions pretty clear, doesn't it?

he reminds me of Grayson, career politician backed by special interests and he will get even more special interest anti-Rand money in the coming months

he reminds me of Grayson, career politician backed by special interests and he will get even more special interest anti-Rand money in the coming months
    They are the same. Both are slimeball sleazebag Democrat attorneys. This race will not be about issues, it'll be about personality, looks, and FUD again.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

jack conway's mouth says things very jfk, as his fundraising is very DINO/RINO...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And i got called tinfoil hatted for suggesting the TPTB are upset that one of their horses didn't make it to the general. They wanted Conway vs Grayson in the general because either is fine with them.