Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Rand, learn from your dad -- Ron Paul: "Libertarianism is the enemy of all racism"

  1. #1

    Rand, learn from your dad -- Ron Paul: "Libertarianism is the enemy of all racism"

    .
    .


    Professional Neo-con catcher



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3
    Rand Paul ain't a Libertarian. Note the party's nomination he just won.

  5. #4

  6. #5
    People are really overblowing this, it is not a big deal as it pertains to Kentucky voters, and that is the issue. And I would not personally mention the word, "Libertarian", in relation to his senatorial race. He is doing a great job running as a Constitutional Conservative and a traditional Republican. Most people view Libertarians as a crazy third party of open border potheads(which is false, I am a Libertarian myself). But the fact is, we don't have time to clear up misconceptions about an unpopular party(particularly among rural working class conservatives), we just need to stay on message and explain that we believe in Freedom, Liberty and the Constitution. I guarantee Paul will be ahead in the first poll against Conway, if you look at the results by county they win the same counties but Ron Paul does so at a higher rate and there was also the largest GOP voter turnout in history.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    People are really overblowing this, it is not a big deal as it pertains to Kentucky voters, and that is the issue. And I would not personally mention the word, "Libertarian", in relation to his senatorial race. He is doing a great job running as a Constitutional Conservative and a traditional Republican. Most people view Libertarians as a crazy third party of open border potheads(which is false, I am a Libertarian myself). But the fact is, we don't have time to clear up misconceptions about an unpopular party(particularly among rural working class conservatives), we just need to stay on message and explain that we believe in Freedom, Liberty and the Constitution. I guarantee Paul will be ahead in the first poll against Conway, if you look at the results by county they win the same counties but Ron Paul does so at a higher rate and there was also the largest GOP voter turnout in history.
    says the man from CA.

    This is a major major distraction and horrible mischaracterization of Rand which will cost us money and votes.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

    "As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

  8. #7
    From a Hotair commenter on CRA:

    The correct answer was “I realize you work for the government news organ and may not have heard this yet, but the Civil Rights Act passed like 45 years ago when I was about 10. Has NPR ever asked Senior Democratic Senator and former Klansmen Robert Byrd why he actually personally voted against & filibustered the CRA?


    Rand should definitely use that Byrd point if he asked about it by liberal journalists

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Rand Paul ain't a Libertarian. Note the party's nomination he just won.
    No one is talking about the big L here.
    .
    .


    Professional Neo-con catcher



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    says the man from CA.

    This is a major major distraction and horrible mischaracterization of Rand which will cost us money and votes.
    You are from California, or did you just smoke one too many bowls and forget that

    No it won't, not in Kentucky, he explained his position incredibly well and if it comes up again he will reiterate it. No prospective Rand Paul voter watches MSNBC that wouldn't already know his nuanced position on the issue. The rest are just out of state liberal democrats(mostly west coast and northeast), and some Conway voters. And there isn't a soundbyte, Rand gave no soundbyte they can play in 30 second pieces on the radio. You also have to remember Kentucky is not California, and not everyone is a fan of the CRA. 1 in 5 democrats voted for Clinton because she was white, and Rand won several counties Clinton won by 90%(such as Pike county). But please, if you want Rand to abandon the constitutional conservative and traditional republican label he has taken a year to build and ruin it by talking about Libertarianism than I would say you are politically suicidal and naive. He shouldn't abandon what has worked for him, and that is being a constitutionalist and tea party conservative. If he presents himself as a third party libertarian pot smoking pro choice type he will lose, plain and simple.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    1 in 5 democrats voted for Clinton because she was white, and Rand won several counties Clinton won by 90%(such as Pike county).
    This is the only point you got completely wrong.

    Rand got 90% of the Republican vote in a county that doesn't even have 5,000 Republicans. Also Clinton won 90% of the Democratic vote not because she was white, but because she is seen as more of a moderate Democrat who was not an enemy of coal (and was therefore endorsed by the coal unions)

    I don't know where you got your "white" statistic, but as somebody who has travelled the state, racism really isn't commonplace in 95% of the state.


    That said, this is nothing to worry about, he explained it horrendously but there isn't a soundbyte and you really can't make heads or tails of what he is saying.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    You are from California, or did you just smoke one too many bowls and forget that

    No it won't, not in Kentucky, he explained his position incredibly well and if it comes up again he will reiterate it. No prospective Rand Paul voter watches MSNBC that wouldn't already know his nuanced position on the issue. The rest are just out of state liberal democrats(mostly west coast and northeast), and some Conway voters. And there isn't a soundbyte, Rand gave no soundbyte they can play in 30 second pieces on the radio. You also have to remember Kentucky is not California, and not everyone is a fan of the CRA. 1 in 5 democrats voted for Clinton because she was white, and Rand won several counties Clinton won by 90%(such as Pike county). But please, if you want Rand to abandon the constitutional conservative and traditional republican label he has taken a year to build and ruin it by talking about Libertarianism than I would say you are politically suicidal and naive. He shouldn't abandon what has worked for him, and that is being a constitutionalist and tea party conservative. If he presents himself as a third party libertarian pot smoking pro choice type he will lose, plain and simple.
    A quick history lesson on 20th century liberty.

    The patriot movement was not built overnight, it has always been about understanding liberty and U.S. history.

    The Mises institute was not built overnight, it has always been about preserving austrian economics.

    The John Birch Society and a plethora of other organizations were not built overnight, they have always been about delivering their consistent point of views.

    Ron Paul was not built overnight, it took a 30 year track record of consistency before more Americans were willing to listen.

    Of all these Ron Paul is the only one to gain serious national exposure and break through the policy driven corporatist media machine. Rand has the best political council available to man for selling a limited government message but he is going to have to sell it and build his own consistent voting record.

    Labels are the tools of the policy driven corporatist media machine. It does not care which label anyone takes as long as they take one.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Thargok View Post
    This is the only point you got completely wrong.

    Rand got 90% of the Republican vote in a county that doesn't even have 5,000 Republicans. Also Clinton won 90% of the Democratic vote not because she was white, but because she is seen as more of a moderate Democrat who was not an enemy of coal (and was therefore endorsed by the coal unions)

    I don't know where you got your "white" statistic, but as somebody who has travelled the state, racism really isn't commonplace in 95% of the state.


    That said, this is nothing to worry about, he explained it horrendously but there isn't a soundbyte and you really can't make heads or tails of what he is saying.
    Totally reading the numbers wrong. Not that I think Kentucky is racist or Rand should run a "racist" campaign, I am just saying this CRA thing is way overhyped 1 in 5, which 20%, not 90%, voted for Clinton based on race. I assume Republicans are similar, throughout Kentucky, especially Pike county. I think there are varying definitions of the word "racism". I don't think all those people hate blacks, they just feel uncomfortable form someone with a different cultural and ethnic background, and want one of their own to be president. It is the same for many blacks who voted for Obama. I don't think they hate anybody.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24736399/



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 09:33 PM
  2. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 04:45 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 10:30 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 09:46 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •