Thread: Freddoso: Why Rand Paul will win in November

Freddoso: Why Rand Paul will win in November

Why Rand Paul will win in November

I don’t know how anyone can win a contested statewide election in Kentucky whilst supporting Obamacare, abortion on demand, and card check (the euphemistically titled “Employee Free Choice Act”). Somehow, Attorney General Jack Conway, D, did it once, but those issues probably weren’t much discussed in the 2007 state election cycle.
    [...]
    Along with “card-check,” that last one about “prevailing wage” is political speak for: “Hi, I’m a union tool who will happily accept 20 percent unemployment if it helps the AFL-CIO.”

Conway seems a bit too proud that he supports a law that 60 percent of Kentuckians want to repeal. And while I’d give his immigration views a more sympathetic hearing, I really don’t think Kentuckians are going to support a pro-immigration-amnesty candidate, considering that 65 percent of them support Arizona’s new immigration law. This is why, despite Conway’s demonstrated fundraising prowess — which was mostly a creation of Washington Democrats anyway — the campaign against him will require no creativity at all, just a few months of hard work and a lot of money.

David Frum has suggested that a Democrat can defeat Paul by “out-national-security-ing” him. I think this is a case of getting high on one’s own supply. It ignores two election cycles’ worth of voters punishing Bush’s Iraq War...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Frum is nothing more than a hack.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst