Thread: What the media wont talk about...

What the media wont talk about...

is that the Democrats are split in Kentucky, Conway won with 44% of the vote, 1% more than Mongiardo.

It's clear that Conway was nominated due to the "liberal" vote in certain parts of Kentucky which doesn't align with other more conservative areas of the state where Mongiardo did well.

Conway is more aligned with National Democrats and therefore will be able to raise significant funds and excite the Kos kids but it is clear I think that most of Kentucky will reject him and his more liberal type of agenda, just like they do with Obama.

The truth is the exact opposite of what MSNBC and the rest of the media are saying, they say that Paul is vulnerable but the way Kentucky is Rand is best poised to peel off Mongiardo voters after a divisive Democrat primary and also pick up lots of support from independent's who didn't even participate in the primaries.

Rand in my opinion is clearly favorite not least because of the above factor but also that the state should this year lean Republican anyway due to the Dems controlling congress and the presidency but it might suit Rand to continue the underdog image.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    is that the Democrats are split in Kentucky, Conway won with 44% of the vote, 1% more than Mongiardo.

It's clear that Conway was nominated due to the "liberal" vote in certain parts of Kentucky which doesn't align with other more conservative areas of the state where Mongiardo did well.

Conway is more aligned with National Democrats and therefore will be able to raise significant funds and excite the Kos kids but it is clear I think that most of Kentucky will reject him and his more liberal type of agenda, just like they do with Obama.

The truth is the exact opposite of what MSNBC and the rest of the media are saying, they say that Paul is vulnerable but the way Kentucky is Rand is best poised to peel off Mongiardo voters after a divisive Democrat primary and also pick up lots of support from independent's who didn't even participate in the primaries.

Rand in my opinion is clearly favorite not least because of the above factor but also that the state should this year lean Republican anyway due to the Dems controlling congress and the presidency but it might suit Rand to continue the underdog image.

Pretty good analysis.

Paul has already forced Conway to run to the right and that trend will continue. It's the only chance Conway has. Many dems in KY are pro-life, especially in the rural areas. I wouldn't be surprised if the dems are around 50/50 on the abortion issue.

Believe it or not GITMO could be a big issue. I think Conway wants to close it down. 50% of the dems are hawks if not a higher percentage here.

Conway will focus on emotional appeals about jobs and how crazy Rand paul is.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

The other thing is with Conway Rand can continue the outsider v. career politician narrative

Kentucky is unusual in that it is mostly a different brand of Democrat not dancing to the national tune and that is what we saw last night in their divisive primary.

So while the Kos kids get excited about Conway they really should think about how difficult it might be to win yet the media seems to think it's the other way around !

Also, Lt. Dan seems like a loose cannon who could well be courted by the Rand Paul campaign. Daily Kos are already taking shots at him for "not going quietly"

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...-To-Go-Quietly

Rand Paul will just dismiss Conway as intellectually dishonest as all his political opponents are. So when Conway uses emotional appeal about jobs or says that Rand Paul believes in chaos, then Rand will tell it as it is. We have already seen him do it. No one is going to stop him from here on out to the White House.

i agree with you guys

both candidates are going to be pandering the the middle of the road candidates. rand will have to win over grayson's but, and perhaps more importantly, mongiardos +200k votes. both conway and rand are on the far left and far right...

Rand needs to tell the people of Kentucky how his message and change will effect Washington in a good way and employ all the groups Conway will try to attack him on (minorities ala "he's against the civil rights act!", handicap ala "he's against ADA!", etc. etc.)

I wish I could help run a campaign and see what they are planning already :[.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    The truth is the exact opposite of what MSNBC and the rest of the media are saying
    Say it isn't so!

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    Conway will focus on emotional appeals about jobs and how crazy Rand paul is.
    Ammo of course being supplied by Trey Grayson the lying loser.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.