Thread: Rand Paul to Dems: Please Bring Obama to Kentucky

Rand Paul to Dems: Please Bring Obama to Kentucky

Dr. Rand Paul, the Tea Party darling who convincingly won Kentucky's Republican Senate primary Tuesday, has a message for his Democratic foes: "Please, please bring President Obama."

Paul triumphed over Secretary of State Trey Grayson, the GOP establishment candidate, with nearly 60 percent of the vote and said opposition in the state to President Obama gives him an excellent chance in the fall.

"President Obama's less popular in our state than he's ever been. And he never was very popular in Kentucky," he said Wednesday on CBS' "The Early Show".

First up, however, is mending fences within his own party after the hotly contested primary.

"We're going to unify. I'm going to meet with Sen. [Mitch] McConnell on Saturday. We've been talking, actually, for weeks now about unifying. I've been talking with the Republican party structure, and I think we will be unified going in to the fall," Paul said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...54-503544.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Taunting the sitting president?!? Gotta love it for a so-called political neophyte. I'm telling you folks, he's Ron with a quicker mind and real hard edge. He's not going to get pushed around. Rand projects strength.
    Last edited by AuH20; 05-19-2010 at 09:03 AM.

RAND PAUL = JOHN GALT & HOWARD ROARK MORPHED! RON NOW IS OUR SENiOR STATESMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Taunting the sitting president?!? Gotta love it for a so-called political neophyte. I'm telling you folks, he's Ron with a quicker mind and real hard edge. He's not going to get pushed around. Rand projects strength.
    The Ron of days gone by was edgier as well - the Morton Downey Jr. Show appearance comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    The Ron of days gone by was edgier as well - the Morton Downey Jr. Show appearance comes to mind.
    Yea. I noticed that as well. Anyway, I think Rand brings something to the table that ron has lost as he's grown older.

Ron still has it.. he just does not need to show it. Props to Rand.

I think our movement is well-served by having both Ron and Rand leading it with their different styles.

Ron is our teacher. His mission is to enlighten, to persuade, to open eyes and gently guide those with an open mind and a humble heart to an understanding of liberty, never judging or shaming.

Rand is obviously a fighter. It's fallen to him to pick up the flag of liberty, narrow his eyes, square his shoulders, and turn to the rest of us to say, "I go to restore the Republic! Who will go with me?!"

We've needed both of these types of leaders on the national stage since the start of this revolution, and now we have them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    i think our movement is well-served by having both ron and rand leading it with their different styles.

Ron is our teacher. His mission is to enlighten, to persuade, to open eyes and gently guide those with an open mind and a humble heart to an understanding of liberty, never judging or shaming.

Rand is obviously a fighter. It's fallen to him to pick up the flag of liberty, narrow his eyes, square his shoulders, and turn to the rest of us to say, "i go to restore the republic! Who will go with me?!"

we've needed both of these types of leaders on the national stage since the start of this revolution, and now we have them.
    + 1776

And so it begins. The denizens of Hot Air warming up to Rand Paul!!!:

http://hotair.com/headlines/?p=84323

Upon learning that Rand openly mocked the president:
    I’m likin’ this dude…

“You’ve got balls, I like balls”

LtE126 on May 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    The miscommunication complicated things, but that is rapidly changing.
    Last edited by AuH20; 05-19-2010 at 10:33 AM.

It is clear that a HUGE part of Rand's strategy is to be the anti-Obama

This is a VERY smart move.

If Conway had won before Rand, there is no doubt in my mind that Rand would have connected Conway with Obama...clearly he didn't want to alienate supporters of both Dems so he just had to wait to see who won

Now we are positioned to grab up the conservative Dems and a lot of conservative independents

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    RAND PAUL = JOHN GALT & HOWARD ROARK MORPHED! RON NOW IS OUR SENiOR STATESMAN!
    Rand Paul isn't Mr. Libertarian, he is Mr. Tea Party.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    YouTube - Ron Paul on Trash TV, 1988 - Pt. 1

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-Austin View Post
    Rand Paul isn't Mr. Libertarian, he is Mr. Tea Party.
    He is Mr Libertarian and Mr Tea Party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Ron Paul is MR Libertarian.
    Rand is MR Tea Party.

I much prefer RAnd to be the national face of the tea party then Sarah Palan.

Tracy
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=720941620
    http://www.myspace.com/anarkyisorder

Tracy

PS Please donate to our SD Liberty PAC and send as many Ron Paul delegates to Tampa from SD as possible.
    http://southdakotaforliberty.com/
    Like us on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...74626939256447