Thread: What should Rand do about this "unity" event?

What should Rand do about this "unity" event?

Should he skip the event and denounce McConnel, or should he go and just say "we can work together for smaller government"? What action do you think would put him more in favor with Kentuckians?

I would like to see Rand tell McConnel to step aside, as Rand's victory really does imply a mandate from the people to fundamentally change the government, and McConnel has proven he's not up to the task. Voters might get behind that kind of confidence.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He has already agreed to attend..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

He should go. He just needs to make sure he stays consistent with his message, despite what McConnell and Grayson might say in contradiction.

He needs to make sure that Grayson publicly acknowledges that Rand Paul is 100% pro-life.

Co-op it and make it a Randslide event.

It's worth attending from a pragmatic stance, if only to proselytize...as long as he stands his ground and makes it clear that he will bow to no one. McConnel is a lost cause, but forming working relationships with his colleagues may help him gradually convince some of them that a pro-liberty vision is the way forward. Still, my "no-nonsense" side would love to see him nail McConnel to the wall...and I still wish that he actually had deliberately ignored Grayson's call.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 05-19-2010 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    He has already agreed to attend..
    Ok, well that is definitely the safer option. But I'm wondering, what is the message of this event? Kentucky republicans are unifying behind Rand?
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Will Sen. Jim Bunning be there? And I mean be there for Rand? 'Cause that would be pretty important, from my point of view.

I have an 8-year old girl in little league who thinks Bunning is a hero- but before this, she agreed with RON Paul's platform in '08 and even donated her allowance to OLFOD here in NH... (she knew of them both seperately- she's old school baseball AND politics).

When we informed her that her baseball hero Bunning supported Rand a couple weeks back, she asked if she could make a YouTube video for Senator Bunning to "thank him for plonking the batter" LOL.

(I think plonk is a different verb from what I used to call it... amiright?)

So... Bunning will be there, or not? I think Bunning needs to be there. This is an event where he should be right up in front, in every "Establishment" GOP Hack's face, saying... "I PLONK YOU!"
    Last edited by Live Free or Die; 05-19-2010 at 02:43 AM.

Ron Paul for the Long Haul!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You should make that tube of her dropping a couple plonks. It's cracking me up just pondering how such a tube would turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Live_Free_Or_Die View Post
    You should make that tube of her dropping a couple plonks. It's cracking me up just pondering how such a tube would turn out.
    Yeah, we have plenty of game video over the past week, including "plonks" and base hits (with cheering parents from the stands). See, she's not only the only girl on her baseball team, but she's younger and about 6" smaller than all the other boys. And she knows her old-school baseball. (She even teases her Red Sox-fan teammates about pulling a "Buckner," which I had to look up for myself- I was only 15 when THAT happened!)

She's going to make her video for Jim Bunning anyway. She wants to thank him for being a "good man".

Love your username, BTW.

Ron Paul for the Long Haul!

Quote Originally Posted by Live_Free_Or_Die View Post
    Co-op it and make it a Randslide event.
    Ron should come along...

I'd like to let go of the establishment too but let's not get ahead of ourselves here! He should attend, just make sure not to compromise his message.
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

He should go there and enjoy every minute of Trey + Mitch's painful support.

He will be at the event. It is important to establish connections before changing minds. It must begin somewhere and must begin and be nourished at every opportunity in order to convince Republicans that smaller government and fiscal responsibility are essential in protecting America.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Absolutely he should go. Stick with his principals but go because it is not just about mitch and Trey but about their supporters. Take a clue from RP, and see that sticking to issues can win even your most ardent enemies over. LOOK at Red state and Eric Ericson. "I thought it was just another one of Ron Paul's Nutty ideas but he made his case"

He should go and pwn the event while being respectful.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    not going would be suicide. very stupid. its not even an option.

Rand will go, and should allow all the establishment to fall over themselves making over how important Rand is and how much they support him and how important it is that their supporters and DONORS get behind him lest Jack Conway get elected.

He should go and have a good time. It is for his benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Absolutely he should go. Stick with his principals but go because it is not just about mitch and Trey but about their supporters. Take a clue from RP, and see that sticking to issues can win even your most ardent enemies over. LOOK at Red state and Eric Ericson. "I thought it was just another one of Ron Paul's Nutty ideas but he made his case"
    When did Eric say that? What was the context? Link?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by amisspelledword View Post
    not going would be suicide. very stupid. its not even an option.

Rand will go, and should allow all the establishment to fall over themselves making over how important Rand is and how much they support him and how important it is that their supporters and DONORS get behind him lest Jack Conway get elected.
    ^^^

This

I think Rand is in a good position to direct this the way he wants.

He will keep communicating to the old GOP that their way of doing things has hurt, not helped.

Right now Mitch McConnell is scared which is one reason for this "unity" party. Mitch wants to keep his job and seniority with all the benefits. Call it good old-fashioned butt-kissing.
    "The argument that the two parties represent opposed ideals and policies, one of the Right and the other of the left, is a foolish idea. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can 'throw the rascals out' at any election without leading to any profound shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will still pursue the same policies."

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    He should go and pwn the event while being respectful.
    Absolutely. He is the winner. We need to unite the party behind Rand so we can't just blow off McCOnnell and Grayson, but now we have a lot of power too.

This is not a time for settling scores. It is a time for getting everyone together behind rand.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    When did Eric say that? What was the context? Link?
    He was talking about the fed. Here is the thread where it was talked about.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...erick+erickson