Thread: This video clip will DESTROY Conway

Exclamation This video clip will DESTROY Conway

Obama trashes coal and ADMITS that rates will skyrocket under his cap n trade scheme...

All Rand needs to do is run a 10 second excerpt from this clip all day long in KY coal country!....listen at :20 ....

YouTube - Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sofia View Post
    Obama trashes coal and ADMITS that rates will skyrocket under his cap n trade scheme...

All Rand needs to do is run a 10 second excerpt from this clip all day long in KY coal country!....listen at :20 ....

YouTube - Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket
    then...Conway=Obama...dangerous allies.

Conway's Aspen Institute promotes global warming bull$#@!

http://www.aspeninstitute.org/policy...climate-change

Aspen Dialogue and Commission on Arctic Climate Change

OVERVIEW

Recognizing that the circumpolar Arctic region is experiencing significant ecological change due to global warming, the Aspen Institute, in partner*ship with the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation*, has con*vened an international civil society Dialogue and Com*mission to consider the social, environmental, eco*nomic, and legal implications for the region’s inhabitants and re*sources. The Dialogue and Commission will assess the adequacy of current institutional arrangements and international policies to effectively and sustainably manage new levels of commercial and economic activity in the region.

PURPOSE
    The Aspen Dialogue and Commission on Arctic Climate Change will:

Examine the implications of climate change for the Arctic region’s peoples and resources, and the related impacts on the global community.

Assess the adequacy of current multilateral arrangements, as well as the most current scientific understanding of Arctic systems, in support of a goal to affirmatively and sustainably manage social, environmental and economic impacts in the region related to climate change.

Make recommendations for greater international cooperation in regulating human activities that affect the Arctic environment.

Issue provisional findings following the working sessions and publish a full report containing the Commission’s conclusions and recommendations.
    The Commission will be sharing its findings at international gatherings and with key government officials throughout its tenure.

I posted this in another thread but Conway supports "cap and trade"

Conway's Aspen Institute promotes global warming bull$#@!

http://www.aspeninstitute.org/policy...climate-change

Aspen Dialogue and Commission on Arctic Climate Change

OVERVIEW

Recognizing that the circumpolar Arctic region is experiencing significant ecological change due to global warming, the Aspen Institute, in partner*ship with the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation*, has con*vened an international civil society Dialogue and Com*mission to consider the social, environmental, eco*nomic, and legal implications for the region’s inhabitants and re*sources. The Dialogue and Commission will assess the adequacy of current institutional arrangements and international policies to effectively and sustainably manage new levels of commercial and economic activity in the region.

PURPOSE
    The Aspen Dialogue and Commission on Arctic Climate Change will:

Examine the implications of climate change for the Arctic region’s peoples and resources, and the related impacts on the global community.

Assess the adequacy of current multilateral arrangements, as well as the most current scientific understanding of Arctic systems, in support of a goal to affirmatively and sustainably manage social, environmental and economic impacts in the region related to climate change.

Make recommendations for greater international cooperation in regulating human activities that affect the Arctic environment.

Issue provisional findings following the working sessions and publish a full report containing the Commission’s conclusions and recommendations.
    The Commission will be sharing its findings at international gatherings and with key government officials throughout its tenure.
    This is the kind of thing you do NOT run in a general election. This is where you have to win the independents and Democrats over.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Conway's attacks regarding Rand's position on the Disabilities Act and the Civil Rights Act could just as easily destroy Rand. This will be a tough fight, probably a lot more difficult than the primary.
    Last edited by Fozz; 05-18-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    This is the kind of thing you do NOT run in a general election. This is where you have to win the independents and Democrats over.
    In other states, I would agree.....but KY is coal country.

Conservative/ Blue collar Democrats will be spooked by this and vote for Rand.....We win Indy's and Dems by attacking Obama's Bush-like foreign policy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
    Conway's attacks on the Disabilities Act and the Civil Rights Act could just as easily destroy Rand. This will be a tough fight, probably a lot more difficult than the primary.
    People in KY make a living on coal...

who care about crybabies in wheelchairs who think they are entitled to parking spot by Federal edict....

where rand may be vulnerable is on Social Security demagoguery

Conservative/ Blue collar Democrats will be spooked by this and vote for Rand.....We win Indy's and Dems by attacking Obama's Bush-like foreign policy.
    We had Tim Burns in PA-12 run against Obama/Pelosi instead of his Dem. challenger and Burns got blown out of the water.

We need to really think about this in the coming weeks.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    We had Tim Burns in PA-12 run against Obama/Pelosi instead of his Dem. challenger and Burns got blown out of the water.

what's the political and racial demographics in that district?

People in KY make a living on coal...

who care about crybabies in wheelchairs who think they are entitled to parking spot by Federal edict....

where rand may be vulnerable is on Social Security demagoguery
    A lot of moderates and Democrats. Which is most of Kentucky's voters.

what's the political and racial demographics in that district?
    PA-12 is John Murtha country. They love entitlements, and I suspect they're 95% white, working class people.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

But Burns's Democrat opponent was pretty conservative, IIRC.

Conway supported Obamacare and actually would like for Obama to campaign for him.

Sestak in PA linked Specter to Bush and that devastated Specter.

PA-12 is John Murtha country. They love entitlements, and I suspect they're 95% white, working class people.
    I suspect you are right on the demographics...I don't know why Burns didn't do better. I think it goes to show that to win you can't just say you are a conservative...you've got to be a true believer and you have to be a workhorse...both of which I think exist at Team Paul.

Obama didn't just say everyone's electric rates will skyrocket, he said he'd bankrupt the coal industry.

YouTube - SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The key here is these are people used to sending a democrat to congress. Do you have any doubt that they would re-elect Murtha if he was still alive? Totally different demographic. And I don't think the key is blindly running against Obama. But running against Obama's cap and trade plan should be helpful. All of Paul's voters and probably most of Grayson's voters were against cap and trade. Mongiardo ran heavy against Conway's cap and trade position. While Conway did eek out a victory, it was close and I'm willing to bet half (at least) of Mongiardo's voters don't support cap and trade. I'd love to see a Kentucky wide poll on that subject.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'd love to see a Kentucky wide poll on that subject.
    At least 1/3 of all registered democrats in Kentucky are DINOs.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    At least 1/3 of all registered democrats in Kentucky are DINOs.
    There are people who are registered democrat purely so they can vote in democratic primaries - even though they tell people they are republicans when asked, because they truly consider themselves republican.

Conway didnt do great in coal country (east ky)

Attacking Conway on issues / policy will be easy. Matching his personality will be hard.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
    Conway's attacks regarding Rand's position on the Disabilities Act and the Civil Rights Act could just as easily destroy Rand. This will be a tough fight, probably a lot more difficult than the primary.
    Those attacks are the kind that will only persuade those who want to be persuaded. Even the Courier Journal who held the interview those views are supposedly drawn from said he wasn't talking about repealing them, just what he thought the role of the federal government should be.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Those attacks are the kind that will only persuade those who want to be persuaded. Even the Courier Journal who held the interview those views are supposedly drawn from said he wasn't talking about repealing them, just what he thought the role of the federal government should be.
    If so, then Rand Paul better make an ad stating that he does NOT favor repealing the Civil Rights Act or ADA.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Attacking Conway on issues / policy will be easy. Matching his personality will be hard.
    Also Conway's ability to reach out to the other side and appeal to Kentucky patriotism.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you think Rand's chances would be better if he plays up the "Everyman" card? If he shows that he is truly the people's candidate? I know it sounds cliche, but Conway comes off much more elitist than Rand does.