Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just saw the Torch passed from Ron to Rand

I just saw the Torch passed from Ron to Rand

As I watched the press conference with Rand Paul, Ron looked so old and frail, Rand looked fresh invigorated and went right after Obama.

I think once his son wins the senate seat, he will urge his son to run for President "as I am getting to old for this", he will fully support and do everything in his power to help his son.

2012 will be a year for a Paul just not the one we thought.

YouTube - Rand Paul's victory speech
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    got a chill thinking 'bout that.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Ron Paul 2012 \ Rand Paul 2016

We live in strange times and anything could happen. Rand's a chip off the old block for sure. If he's not ready, Ron should run. 2012-2016 Ron and then Rand could do 2016-2024. By then this country should be back on track.

I still think Ron is the one to take it in 2012. Rand's victory will only help his father win. Besides, its too soon to thik about 2012. This is about much more than the political game, we have many more to awaken. Personally I can't wait to see the man Rand will become once he wins the general election. I don't denounce a Rand possibility I just need to see him on the Senate floor first and see what he can do. His potential seems limitless.

Hey if Obama can do it, why not Rand?

You gotta love Ron Paul if it wasn't for him running in 2007/2008 I don't think none of this would be possible.

The liberty message may well have died without him.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ron Paul 2012 \ Rand Paul 2016
    +^
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Rand is no replacement for Ron. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by lx43 View Post
    You gotta love Ron Paul if it wasn't for him running in 2007/2008 I don't think none of this would be possible.

I concur. Whatever the case, the flame of liberty will live on.

Ron? Old and frail?

You must have been watching a TV with a helluva lot of static on it. I saw a particularly spry and joyous Ron Paul who would do very well to take Rand's win tonight as a sign that his message is catching on and decide to give America another chance to put him in the Oval Office!

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    Rand is no replacement for Ron. Not even close.
    +1

Not even in the same ballpark. Im sorry but I cringed a little bit when Rand started attacking Obama for "apologizing for America's greatness". Holy $#@!, those are neocon talking points. He also talked about debt, but no mention of foreign policy. If this is passing the torch, then we went from a bonfire to a bic lighter. Excuse me for pissing on your parade.
    Last edited by Justinjj1; 05-18-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Ron 2012, Rand 2016

Rand can't run in 2012 anyway... what you want him to be inaugurated in Jan 2011, and then announce for Prez the same month or in February or March?

He wouldn't have anything to run on... he at least needs to be in the Senate for 4 years.

Rand certainly is in the ball park with Ron. You guys are crazy if you think Ron came out and talked the way he does now when he was running his first election. And besides this is a statewide election, look at how much the establishment threw at Rand already with the strange ideas and kooky $#@!. If you think he could came out and been just as candid as Ron is, we would not be celebrating tonight. Perhaps you would preferred that though.

Yes. You are right.

I would not have known of Ron Paul if it weren't for some fringe people on another board I frequent. Some of them hate jews, some of them hate black people, some of them hate white people. The one thing they have in common is that right to "hate" and debate the very person they claim to hate.

It's great.

Wow. I just made a new Dr. Suess book right there.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinjj1 View Post
    +1

Not even in the same ballpark. Im sorry but I cringed a little bit when Rand started attacking Obama for "apologizing for America's greatness". Holy $#@!, those are neocon talking points. He also talked about debt, but no mention of foreign policy. If this is passing the torch, then we went from a bonfire to a bic lighter. Excuse me for pissing on your parade.
    They are, but he isn't exactly wrong, either.
    Democracy is slavery: the illusion that the people run the government. People are not equal, in ability or mind, and those snakes who are influential in media can manipulate the fragile minds of the masses with simple jingoistic phrases. Most people are not cut out to make political decisions, for they have no faculties in examining a larger worldview, thus, their entirety of their political thought is reduced to "what can government do for me?"

I disagree with this thread. I thought how proud Ron Paul was seeing his son launch a successful career, and probably ending up as a Tea Party leader.

Time will tell if Rand Paul is going to carry the torch; his demeanor can be establishment at times, but he will no doubt be a great senator. The question is though, will be he what we need?
    Democracy is slavery: the illusion that the people run the government. People are not equal, in ability or mind, and those snakes who are influential in media can manipulate the fragile minds of the masses with simple jingoistic phrases. Most people are not cut out to make political decisions, for they have no faculties in examining a larger worldview, thus, their entirety of their political thought is reduced to "what can government do for me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Yes. You are right.

I would not have known of Ron Paul if it weren't for some fringe people on another board I frequent. Some of them hate jews, some of them hate black people, some of them hate white people. The one thing they have in common is that right to "hate" and debate the very person they claim to hate.

It's great.

Wow. I just made a new Dr. Suess book right there.
    Arguing those people by being intelligent and morally sound chips away at them over time. Cognitive dissonance works wonders.

No one can beat Ron's perseverance, consistency, patience and hard work. Go to hell, you Rand Paul supporters

Professional Neo-con catcher ™

^^^^

What if Ron Paul says he IS passing the torch to his son so he will not run but would serve in cabinet post in a new Paul administration, then would you support Rand?

Quote Originally Posted by Justinjj1 View Post
    +1

I thought the same thing, but he was referring to Obama apologizing for the pollution of the industrial revolution, not our military capability. It's the same phrase but with a completely different meaning.

Rand would be great on any ticket, though I'm personally for a Gary Johnson/Ron Paul 2012 ticket. That way, after Rand Paul and Peter Schiff's 6 year terms are up in 2016, they might be able to run on a ticket together then, if Johnson/Paul lose or don't run.
    DRAFT JUSTIN AMASH 2020
    http://www.DraftAmash.com

Please Ron Paul is in great health and both of his parents lived in to their 90's. You don't need to be "young" to be a great leader. The media might tell you otherwise, but in my book with age comes wisdom. Ron is as sharp as a tack and would be more than able to be president in 2012.

Ron is the Master, Rand is the Apprentice Period

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    As I watched the press conference with Rand Paul, Ron looked so old and frail, Rand looked fresh invigorated and went right after Obama.

I think once his son wins the senate seat, he will urge his son to run for President "as I am getting to old for this", he will fully support and do everything in his power to help his son.

2012 will be a year for a Paul just not the one we thought.
    Please, stop this Rand Paul 2012 talk. I am getting sick of it.

Ron did not pass any torch to Rand, he simply lit a candle for his son.

Ron Paul is one of kind.

There will be more leaders like him but none will replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by daSHiZZLE View Post
    Ron did not pass any torch to Rand, he simply lit a candle for his son.

Ron Paul is one of kind.

There will be more leaders like him but none will replace him.
    Ron Paul isn't a cult figure. Please stop.

Did Ron speak last night? Does anybody have a tube of it?

It's too soon to think about 2012. We have to get Rand and Peter Schiff in office first. Right now I think it would be better for Rand not to run in 2012, Ron or some other liberty candidate can do it then. We need seats in the Senate.
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

Chester Copperpot

Yeah... and I shudder when I think back and didnt understand federalism or liberty...

I can even remember asking myself "How does Ron Paul know when these things arent constitutional??"

And Im one of those people that love US History, read it all the time etc.. and I didnt know $#@!.

The time for this idea has come again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast