Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trey Grayson going down kicking and screaming (crying like a baby)

Trey Grayson going down kicking and screaming (crying like a baby)

“I’ve been on Fox News once – on a live feed on one of the shows,” Grayson said. “I was told to expect a different line of questioning, and I was given a different line of questioning. He’s on all the time. But again, the voters of Kentucky are starting to see through that as they are starting to pay more attention to this election.”

Grayson partially blamed the press’ attention on the horse race for his struggling poll numbers, and he said his opponent has effectively tapped into the connections and fundraising apparatus of his father, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), the former presidential candidate, who has a nationwide following of libertarian grassroots activists.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0oChUX5fy
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    less qq more pew pew.

Someone needs to tap Grayson on the shoulder and tell him that the polls are of registered Republicans in Kentucky who are likely to vote in the primary. Some even include only people who have voted in past GOP primaries in Kentucky in their polls.

The way Grayson spins it, you'd think PPP just says "hey, are you standing in Kentucky now?" before asking who the respondent supports.

And one thing has remained consistent regardless of which independent poll it is and what they ask and how and to whom: Paul's double-digit lead since December 2009.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 05-17-2010 at 10:21 AM.

“I’ve been on Fox News once – on a live feed on one of the shows,” Grayson said. “I was told to expect a different line of questioning, and I was given a different line of questioning. He’s on all the time. But again, the voters of Kentucky are starting to see through that as they are starting to pay more attention to this election.”
    That part was beautiful.

But Grayson — who has garnered support from Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the political godfather in the state – says that Paul’s views are too outside the mainstream and Democrats would seize on them in a general election. In particular, he says Paul’s call to abolish the Education Department would hurt special education and Paul’s suggestion to pare back agriculture subsidies would hurt Kentucky farmers.

“Democrats are salivating to run against a guy who can be portrayed as anti-farmer, anti-teacher, anti-Kentucky,” Grayson said.
    Way to attack from the left Grayson.

Grayson said his own internal polls show the primary race much tighter than public polling, and he predicted that an aggressive door-to-door canvassing campaign, a light turnout and the fact that many Paul supporters are not registered as Republicans will help him squeak out a victory Tuesday night
    I'm getting kind of tired of this meme.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

Trey has a point, when it comes to the general election and Rand Paul's vulnerability to Democrat attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Someone needs to tap Grayson on the shoulder and tell him that the polls are of registered Republicans in Kentucky who are likely to vote in the primary. Some even include only people who have voted in past GOP primaries in Kentucky in their polls. And one thing has remained consistent: Paul's double-digit lead since December 2009.
    Can you point to where one of the polls state this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
    Trey has a point, when it comes to the general election and Rand Paul's vulnerability to Democrat attacks.
    At the same time, he has pluses that make him a better opponent to the left. You certainly can't accuse him of being a corporatist, which Grayson would surely be subject to and his sensible positions on the wars.

Grayson is voicing a complaint that many of us had during the 07-08 presidential campaign concerning Fox News in particular, and how they gave preferential treatment toward Romney and McStain over Ron Paul. Just because Fox is now biased toward OUR candidate, does that make their behavior OK?
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    Grayson is voicing a complaint that many of us had during the 07-08 presidential campaign concerning Fox News in particular, and how they gave preferential treatment toward Romney and McStain over Ron Paul. Just because Fox is now biased toward OUR candidate, does that make their behavior OK?
    Well, to be fair, grayson hasn't been campaigning nearly as much as Paul.
    for the vast majority of the campaign he sat idle.
    Also, his entire campaign has been to attack Rand. Perhaps if he made his campaign about his ideas or solutions instead of about Rand, they would cover him. If anything, he has himself to blame for making his own campaign about Rand.

the entire article is comedy gold.

“I want to be a leader for Kentucky. I’m running to be a United States senator from Kentucky, I’m not running to be the candidate of the tea party. … Listen to his speeches, watch him in our debates. … The guy never talks about our state.”
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Paul’s comments came on Fox News right at the time Grayson was complaining about what he said was the cable network’s favorable coverage of his opponent and the “softballs” lobbed at him when he regularly appears there.

“I’ve been on Fox News once – on a live feed on one of the shows,” Grayson said. “I was told to expect a different line of questioning, and I was given a different line of questioning. He’s on all the time."
    Here he is talking about the Cavuto interview in which Grayson suggested that while he is opposed to bailout of private companies, he is fine with bailing out Greece. Now, that was a real softball question and he totally blew it.

“One thing has been interesting is how much the media says they want to cover issues, but they really want to cover the horse race,” Grayson said. “Then they use the coverage of the horse race to impact the race either intentionally or unintentionally. We’ve been trying to run an issue-based campaign …. That’s a little frustrating.”
    He is complaining that the press doesn't talk about issues just as he is talking exclusively about how bad Rand supposedly is, without giving his own position about not even one issue in the entire interview.

Grayson also warned that Paul would need the support of establishment Republicans – like McConnell and the National Republican Senatorial Committee – whom he has bashed during the primary campaign.

“He’s going to need help because he’s going to be a huge target,” Grayson said.
    LOL! Is Trey giving Rand general election advice because he is assuming he has already lost?
    Last edited by low preference guy; 05-17-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well, to be fair, grayson hasn't been campaigning nearly as much as Paul.
    for the vast majority of the campaign he sat idle.
    Also, his entire campaign has been to attack Rand. Perhaps if he made his campaign about his ideas or solutions instead of about Rand, they would cover him. If anything, he has himself to blame for making his own campaign about Rand.
    +1
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    Trey never had a campaign that resonated with voters on any level. His only support came from the establishment who felt like it was his time or something.

Most of the coverage of Rand on Fox News was issues based. True, they mentioned him running, but it wasn't like like they were plugging his website or lobbing softball questions at him.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Grayson
    Boo-hoo, I've already sold all my Senate votes and the people want somebody with principles in DC.
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
    No, that's more FUD (look it up).

Any Republican in KY will be able to beat any Democrat in today's climate in a statewide race. Also a lot of the attacks being used against Rand (anti-war, pro drugs, calling coal unfavorable), will be things that many Democrats actually like.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

More crybaby hilarity:

“I’ve been on Fox News once, on a live feed on one of the shows, and I was told I was to expect a certain line of questioning, and I was given a different line of questioning,” Grayson said. Referring to Rand Paul, Grayson said, “he’s on all of the time.”

“His dad had these phenomenal contacts, so … he’s on Fox News every couple of weeks with softballs,” Grayson said. Imitating an anchor’s voice, Grayson said the questions are like “Rand, tell us about health care, you’re a doctor, Rand, tell us about the tea party.”

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No, that's more FUD (look it up).

Any Republican in KY will be able to beat any Democrat in today's climate in a statewide race. Also a lot of the attacks being used against Rand (anti-war, pro drugs, calling coal unfavorable), will be things that many Democrats actually like.
    ^^^

That's the way I see it too.

I still think we need to be on the watch for vote fraud and other miscellaneous shenanigans and tomfoolery, not just in the primary, but in the general, and in general.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    Trey never had a campaign that resonated with voters on any level. His only support came from the establishment who felt like it was his time or something.

Most of the coverage of Rand on Fox News was issues based. True, they mentioned him running, but it wasn't like like they were plugging his website or lobbing softball questions at him.
    Fox is NOT biased towards our candidates. Up until yesterday their print meda were implying this was a toss up and touting Grayson's endorsements and saying he was seen as 'the stronger candidate in November'.

Now, with a double digit lead for almost 6 months, they don't want to look like idiots tomorrow when the results come out.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    Here he is talking about the Cavuto interview in which Grayson suggested that while he is opposed to bailout of private companies, he is fine with bailing out Greece. Now, that was a real softball question and he totally blew it.
    I think that is what this is all about. Grayson is still butthurt over how Cavuto stuck it to him. With that should have been slamdunk questioning.

Anyone see this new section on Grayson's site where he debunks myths about himself?

http://www.treygrayson.com/truth

Seems like Grayson is saving his ass for future elections.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Fox is NOT biased towards our candidates. Up until yesterday their print meda were implying this was a toss up and touting Grayson's endorsements and saying he was seen as 'the stronger candidate in November'.

Now, with a double digit lead for almost 6 months, they don't want to look like idiots tomorrow when the results come out.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Anyone see this new section on Grayson's site where he debunks myths about himself?

lmao

Career Politician
    I was first elected Secretary of State in November of 2003 – just six years ago. Prior to that I was an attorney and business consultant in private practice. Compare that to the record of my opponent.
    Rand Paul... Not a career politician?

“Rand Paul Always Has Been A Political Person, Just Like His Father, Said Carol Paul [Rand Paul’s Mother].”

Paul Mentioned Knocking On Doors For His Father While He Was Eleven Years Old.

Rand Paul Was Described As An “Aide-De-Camp” In His Father’s 1988 Race Against George H. W. Bush. “
    What a career in politics Rand has had.

No mention of wanting to be a senator since high school on Grayson's side.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

I'm really amused that Trey was so upset over that Cavuto interview. Cavuto could have asked Rand the exact same questions and Rand would have simply said "No to all bailouts of foreign countries" and that would have been it. Cavuto would have accepted the answer and there would have been no awkwardness.

Trey doesn't seem to understand that the question was SOFTBALL, as long as your positions are in line with the anti-bailout, fiscallly conservatives Republicans of Kentucky.

Why wait until the day before the election to start acting like you even care? Dude's run the $#@!tiest campaign that I've ever followed.

And this, is how a person self destructs.

Tracy
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=720941620
    http://www.myspace.com/anarkyisorder

Tracy

PS Please donate to our SD Liberty PAC and send as many Ron Paul delegates to Tampa from SD as possible.
    http://southdakotaforliberty.com/
    Like us on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...74626939256447

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Someone needs to tap Grayson on the shoulder and tell him that the polls are of registered Republicans in Kentucky who are likely to vote in the primary. Some even include only people who have voted in past GOP primaries in Kentucky in their polls.

The way Grayson spins it, you'd think PPP just says "hey, are you standing in Kentucky now?" before asking who the respondent supports.

And one thing has remained consistent regardless of which independent poll it is and what they ask and how and to whom: Paul's double-digit lead since December 2009.
    Where are you seeing that?

Maybe I'm just a complete idiot, but everywhere I've looked, I've only seen poll results, and not WHO was polled.

???

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post

Maybe I'm just a complete idiot, but everywhere I've looked, I've only seen poll results, and not WHO was polled.

???
    Magellan Strategies said in the methodology part that they only called houses that had one or more registered republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post

???
    "PPP surveyed 1,065 likely Republican primary voters on May 15th and 16th. The survey’s
    margin of error is +/-3.0%."

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...ase_KY_516.pdf

"Likely Republican voters" probably means they contact people with a history of voting in primaries - not just registered Republicans. PPP and SurveyUSA are known for being especially accurate, and they minimize error by using methods like that.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post

lol!!!!

not to toot my own horn....but yours truly was the first to discover the Aspen/Van Jones, and Global Warming speech at EKU...

this rattled Trey's cage!!!!....Kudos to the brother who put my research together so well on the treygrayson.info site....

This is from Trey's "debunking" site....

Climate change/Global warming/Cap and Trade
    I oppose the global warming agenda of Al Gore and liberals in Washington who want to place a carbon tax on energy. I am adamantly opposed to the cap and trade bill being pushed by the Obama Administration, and I’ve said so repeatedly. Unlike my opponent, I speak to groups out of state and in Kentucky with the same message: Kentucky coal, along with expanded nuclear power and other alternatives, must be a part of an all-of-the-above national energy plan to expand domestic energy production and reduce our dependency on foreign oil. Read more.

Van Jones I’ve never met Van Jones. I don’t support Van Jones or his views. This is just completely made up.

The Aspen Institute
    Like other conservatives, such as Marco Rubio from Florida and Congressman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, I’ve participated in events sponsored by the Aspen Institute. Like Rubio and Ryan, I shared with the group my conservative perspective in support of expanded domestic energy production, including Kentucky coal, and my opposition to cap and trade policies. Unlike my opponent, I share the same message on coal whether I’m speaking in Kentucky or out of state. Read more about my views.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast