Thread: Thunder Scares Trey Grayson Video

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HAHAHAHAHA i didnt notice the lightning the first time either

The video goes along with this article:

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Ran...-93907694.html

Hope you enjoyed any positive/unbiased reporting from the media. It's over. The media is already beginning the attacks on Paul. They are trying to make the general about whether Paul cares about Kentucky or his own political ambitions? They are trying to reframe the election. It is sad because his message is all about giving every individual back their own power that the government has taken and not about siding with this company or that for a federal contract because they gave his campaign money, unlike the other 3 major contenders. I know Greyson tried this as well, but I bet the media is much more receptive of the idea when it is a democrat senate candidate pushing it. Although I hope it is not enough to overwhelm the anti-Obama/Washington sentiment.

ssforronpaul
    Last edited by ssforronpaul; 05-17-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssforronpaul View Post
    Hope you enjoyed any positive/unbiased reporting from the media. It's over. The media is already beginning the attacks on Paul. They are trying to make the general about whether Paul cares about Kentucky or his own political ambitions? They are trying to reframe the election. It is sad because his message is all about giving every individual back their own power that the government has taken and not about siding with this company or that for a federal contract because they gave his campaign money, unlike the other 3 major contenders. I know Greyson tried this as well, but I bet the media is much more receptive of the idea when it is a democrat senate candidate pushing it. Although I hope it is not enough to overwhelm the anti-Obama/Washington sentiment.

Well I don't know, I kind of like the idea of them asking Rand already if he has plans on running for president. It at least gets his name further out in the public as a possible candidate in the future which means more people will start to learn about some of his principles as opposed to establishment Washington. Even if he never decides to run for president or has any further aspirations past being a senator from Kentucky and a leader in the Tea Party, his potential presidential candidacy will further the message that was brought to so many people including myself from his father during the 2007/2008 campaign.

I also like the idea because if he does decide down the road to run people will already know through the media who he is so it's not a run for presidency from out in left field, he's an established figure that everyone is familiar with. By the media asking are you going to run for president? People will become familiar with the possibility that he could and adds more weight to his voice on issues, at least in the media's eyes. It could also have people in Kentucky think well if he's good enough to be considered a presidential candidate he maybe good enough to be considered my senator. Also who wouldn't want to vote for a guy for their state senator that may become the president down the road? Even though it maybe framed negatively I think the blow back on it is a net positive.
    Last edited by orenbus; 05-17-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssforronpaul View Post
    The video goes along with this article:

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Ran...-93907694.html

ssforronpaul
    I think they clearly plan to push 'you will lose your entitlements!!' as their big issue and see how serious people are about cutting spending. It is like Grayson trying to scare people on Social Security. They pretend -- just for the duration of the election -- that the system is remotely maintainable as it is, rather than that it will go bust, leaving millions destitute all at once if it remains on its current course.