Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I lost custody of my son for refusing to vaccinate

Angry I lost custody of my son for refusing to vaccinate

I recently lost custody of my nine year old son due to my refusal to vaccinate. I was accused of medical neglect even though he did NOT suffer adversly for my refusal to vaccinate. A Guardian was appointed and told me that failure to vaccinate is medical neglect. She also said that the religious exemption does not apply to me as I am neither RLDS nor Amish.

My son, who I now rarely get to see, is now living with his father. He is emotionally traumatized and begging to come home. He is not being bathed nor is he brushing his teeth regularly. He is wetting the bed and frequently missing school. His grades have dropped from straight As and he is often tardy and in trouble in school. He has had four days of In School Suspension. He says his dad calls him stupid and a$$hole. I could go into greater detail about how my son is now abused and neglected, but I won't.

I was interviewed on the radio show Lives In The Balance hosted by Jason Littlejohn :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yzmmy4l14d1

Also, the Supreme court has weighed in on this one, so how can a lower court take away my child from me for something the Supreme Court has ruled is my Constitutional right.

Quote:
    Applicable law has been interpreted to mean that a religious belief is subject to protection even though no religious group espouses such beliefs or the fact that the religious group to which the individual professes to belong may not advocate or require such belief. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended Nov. 1, 1980; Part 1605.1-Guidelines on Discrimination Because of Religion.

Our legal rights are guaranteed by the free exercise clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Recent court decisions have upheld the rights of individuals seeking exemptions from immunizations based upon personal and religious reasons. On the U.S. Supreme Court level in Frazee V. Illinois Dept. of Security, 489 U.S. 829, it was found that a state may not deny an exemption simply because a person is not a member of a formal religious organization.

I am new to this forum, but have been an avid Ron Paul supporter and campaign contributer since 2007.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That's beyond horrible, the only real solution I see is to pursue remedy in Federal Court, where as you say such a determination has already been made and is merely a matter of precedent. Hopefully you can pick up an activist lawyer who will take the case pro-bono.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

This is crazy. I am speechless. Maybe Alex Jones would like to hear your story. Why not email your story to him. Couldn't hurt. Definitely talk to a some attorneys.

Nice free country we live in, huh? I pray you'll get him back.
    When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. --Ron Paul

Pro-life is Pro-liberty
    http://www.l4l.org/

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's beyond horrible, the only real solution I see is to pursue remedy in Federal Court, where as you say such a determination has already been made and is merely a matter of precedent. Hopefully you can pick up an activist lawyer who will take the case pro-bono.
    Thank you GunnyFreedom. I have been looking but have yet been able to find a pro bono attorney. I contacted Faith and Freedom this weekend so hopefully I will hear from them Monday. I previously contacted an anti vaccine law firm that deals strictly with immunization cases, but they want $15,000. Local attorneys have been quoting $15k to $20k with the option of costing more as they are hourly plus expenses.

Get a lawyer now. This is absolutely horrible and I hope you can get him back.

Just thinking practically about this, I understand that you're upset. However, making your case about how bad your son has it in your husband's care because the authorities took him from your custody is really little more than a good way to get your son handed over to the care of some state home where he is quite likely to be waaaaaay worse off than he is atm.

Try to collect yourself, your thoughts, emotions, etc. and work with a lawyer. If you're looking for an outcry of public support, ronpaulforums late on a sunday probably isn't ideal.

It's a benefit/risk thing, ya know?

Good luck to you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even if you can't get him back can you get him away from his father?
    :shrug: or however that smiley works.
    Maybe wuth the info you have the court might agree.

The Institute for Justice at www.ij.org may be able to help, even though they normally deal with property rights cases and prohibitive licensing strictures. They do undertake some pro bono stuff from time to time however, and I'm sure if you consulted them they might be able to recommend a similarly concerned law firm that would love to take the state to the woodshed over a case like this.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    This is crazy. I am speechless. Maybe Alex Jones would like to hear your story. Why not email your story to him. Couldn't hurt. Definitely talk to a some attorneys.
    Hello Anaconda and thanks for the advice. I emailed AJ several days ago and have not heard back yet. When I click on the tracking number, it still says pending.

Yes, I have been interviewing attorneys the last few weeks. The good ones want $15,000 to $20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by TC95 View Post
    Nice free country we live in, huh? I pray you'll get him back.
    Hello TC95 and thank you. Prayers are needed and very appreciated. Please pray for protection for my son and wisdom for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    Get a lawyer now. This is absolutely horrible and I hope you can get him back.
    Hello, jclay and thank you. I have been looking for an attorney that is competent to handle my case that I can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    Just thinking practically about this, I understand that you're upset. However, making your case about how bad your son has it in your husband's care because the authorities took him from your custody is really little more than a good way to get your son handed over to the care of some state home where he is quite likely to be waaaaaay worse off than he is atm.

Try to collect yourself, your thoughts, emotions, etc. and work with a lawyer. If you're looking for an outcry of public support, ronpaulforums late on a sunday probably isn't ideal.

It's a benefit/risk thing, ya know?

Good luck to you.
    Hello constituent and thanks for the advice and well wishes. I have thought long and hard and if I had to choose between his father's house or foster care, I would chose foster care. It IS that bad.

I am working on finding affordable counsel. My timing for this post may not be ideal. How else am I to spend my sleepless nights?

Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    Even if you can't get him back can you get him away from his father?
    :shrug: or however that smiley works.
    Maybe wuth the info you have the court might agree.
    Hello slothman and thanks for the sympathy. I need all of the support I can get.

I have been documenting and have supporting evidence to show how my son's life is traumatic since he has been ripped away from me. He was immediately vaccinated so hopefully they will let me have him back.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    The Institute for Justice at www.ij.org may be able to help, even though they normally deal with property rights cases and prohibitive licensing strictures. They do undertake some pro bono stuff from time to time however, and I'm sure if you consulted them they might be able to recommend a similarly concerned law firm that would love to take the state to the woodshed over a case like this.
    Thank you BuddyRey. I will contact them. I have been doing a lot of research and found that Supreme Court ruling. I also found a case where the same Commissioner took another nine year old boy away from his mother because she dared to homeschool him.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesa Dawn View Post
    I recently lost custody of my nine year old son due to my refusal to vaccinate. I was accused of medical neglect even though he did NOT suffer adversly for my refusal to vaccinate. A Guardian was appointed and told me that failure to vaccinate is medical neglect. She also said that the religious exemption does not apply to me as I am neither RLDS nor Amish.
    Observation:

You voluntarily subjected your child and family to the jurisdiction of the state and now that things are not going your way you seem to be upset over how the state is regulating and intervening for what you voluntarily gave them permission to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Live_Free_Or_Die View Post
    Observation:

You voluntarily subjected your child and family to the jurisdiction of the state and now that things are not going your way you seem to be upset over how the state is regulating and intervening for what you voluntarily gave them permission to do.
    How did I voluntarily subject my child and my family to the jurisdiction of the state?

How did I voluntarily subject my child and my family to the jurisdiction of the state?
    We have many open voluntaryists on this site that chime in on threads.

I wouldn't look to RPF for legal advice.

Maybe someone could point you in the right direction, but I doubt you'll find any end solutions here.

Hopefully, after proving that you were wronged, you will get custody of your child back.

Great question.

YouTube - Matrix - The pill

Red pill or Blue pill?

Observation:

Dude...the state just took this woman's child away from her and you're blaming her for it? That's royally f'ed up!

Dude...the state just took this woman's child away from her and you're blaming her for it? That's royally f'ed up!
    Pointing out how someone got into their situation doesn't mean he is assigning blame. I see it as a way to help one out in their predicament. You need to understand the cause before you can see the remedy.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

If the people pay the taxes of a tyrant who is at fault? The people or tyrant?

Do you mistake me for a politician who compromises to the whim of public opinion?

If by chance the OP obtained custody of the child tomorrow due to a magic legal bullet that may or may not exist would the OP have learned how to fish?

If the people pay the taxes of a tyrant who is at fault? The people or tyrant?
    Oh for God's sake.

You act like the decision to pay taxes is the same as deciding what to have for lunch. You can avoid taxes but only up to a point. I don't believe for a second that you pay no taxes whatsoever.

Leave this woman alone.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Oh for God's sake.

You act like the decision to pay taxes is the same as deciding what to have for lunch. You can avoid taxes but only up to a point. I don't believe for a second that you pay no taxes whatsoever.

Leave this woman alone.
    I bet Live_Free_Or_Die bought goods in a state with a sales tax, therefore paid taxes. Bottom line, he is an idiot.

Lesa Dawn, I don't know what State you're from but look up some "Pro Bono (your State here)" and give them a call.

Here is a start.

http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/...lhelp/home.cfm
    FJB

Maybe the ACLU?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Put him on ignore. You don't need that anarchist bull$#@! right now. My heart goes out to you.

Do you mistake me for a politician who compromises to the whim of public opinion?

?
    No, there's not much mistaking what you are.

If you want to spar, pick on me, not some poor woman who just lost a kid (who is probably closer to your age than she is.)

I'm sorry to hear of this. You may find help with one of these sites:

Law & The Constitution

abanet.org
    abouthumanrights.co.uk
    aclj.org
    aclu.org
    alipac.us
    alliancedefensefund.org
    billofrights.org
    billofrightsinstitute.org
    bordc.org
    brokenlives.info