Thread: BBC covering Rand

BBC covering Rand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8684618.stm

I understand the BBC are also in Kentucky for the week to cover the campaign along with other international media outlets. Kentucky is really taking the spotlight

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hopefully the foreign press let alone the BCC might have Trey
    holding back from pulling something via the KY voting machines??
    if someone tries to rig things worse than old chicago, there be press?

On Grayson:

In truth, he has the look of a candidate who fears that the energy surrounding Mr Paul is going to sweep him away.
    Awesome. Even foreign news organizations can see that the writing is on the wall, and that Trey knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8684618.stm

I understand the BBC are also in Kentucky for the week to cover the campaign along with other international media outlets. Kentucky is really taking the spotlight
    I still think the campaign or someone at the party should MAKE SURE there is communication of the victory party. Particularly of the reaction to the first vote. A video would do, I suppose. A lot of us are working on the campaign on the phones and through contributions who can't be there in person.

I had challenged someone to agree to post a one paragraph description of the vote being relayed, in return for donating $100, but retracted it after no one took me up on it, and donated yesterday. Honestly, it was frustrating how the ticker was just clinging below the $3,000,000 mark.

All the same, it isn't just for me, it is good management to keep the troops charged for autumn.

" He has been able to spend liberally on his campaign thanks the connections of his wealthy father, the Texas congressman and one-time presidential candidate, Ron Paul. "

WTF??

Over 99% of Rand's contributions were from small donors as of last filing (De Mint's pac donation probably changes that somewhat, but that itself is a collection of ideologically driven small donors.) That isn't what you'd call 'connections of his wealthy father' but small donor activist network supportive of his father. They make it sound like Rockefeller putting a good word in with the Kennedys and Vanderbilts on behalf of his son .

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    " He has been able to spend liberally on his campaign thanks the connections of his wealthy father, the Texas congressman and one-time presidential candidate, Ron Paul. "

WTF??

Over 99% of Rand's contributions were from small donors as of last filing (De Mint's pac donation probably changes that somewhat, but that itself is a collection of ideologically driven small donors.) That isn't what you'd call 'connections of his wealthy father' but small donor activist network supportive of his father. They make it sound like Rockefeller putting a good word in with the Kennedys and Vanderbilts on behalf of his son .

Whatever.
    Ha. That's what I was thinking. Ron's personal wealth has zilch to do with anyone's campaign. Not even his own campaigns. He doesn't spend a dime of his own money. Atleast he didn't during the prez race two years ago.

CNN will have a story tomorrow, I believe between 4-7pm that they recorded yesterday while he was at the Parkette-Drive In in Lexington.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul