Thread: CSM: Kentucky Senate race looks set to boost the tea party, Rand Paul

CSM: Kentucky Senate race looks set to boost the tea party, Rand Paul

From the overall tone of the article I get the sense that the tea party are being viewed as "feisty" and "anti-incumbent" rather than out to set things straight.

The article does make an interesting point that the Democratic race has not gotten any press at all - it reminds me that the *true* race is yet to come. Trey Grayson is just the warmup.

CSM Article
    "The argument that the two parties represent opposed ideals and policies, one of the Right and the other of the left, is a foolish idea. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can 'throw the rascals out' at any election without leading to any profound shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will still pursue the same policies."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mongiardo is essentially Grayson, with union support. Conway has some progressives convinced he will at least be a loyal party follower (I can't believe they are using the word 'progressive' about him, but the Daily Kos seems to think its appropriate....) If it is Mongiardo v Rand, we go after progressives, and lose Mommy's loyal readers. If it is Conway v. Rand it is essentially Rand against Obama's record, as I see it. Conway refused to sue to repeal Obamacare and said he would have voted for it. Plus, we remind progressives who would fight against extension of the unconstitutional portions of the Patriot Act and FISA.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Mongiardo is essentially Grayson, with union support. Conway has some progressives convinced he will at least be a loyal party follower (I can't believe they are using the word 'progressive' about him, but the Daily Kos seems to think its appropriate....) If it is Mongiardo v Rand, we go after progressives, and lose Mommy's loyal readers. If it is Conway v. Rand it is essentially Rand against Obama's record, as I see it. Conway refused to sue to repeal Obamacare and said he would have voted for it. Plus, we remind progressives who would fight against extension of the unconstitutional portions of the Patriot Act and FISA.
    Glad to see somebody thinking about how to position Rand in the next battle.
    "The argument that the two parties represent opposed ideals and policies, one of the Right and the other of the left, is a foolish idea. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can 'throw the rascals out' at any election without leading to any profound shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will still pursue the same policies."