Thread: Really sad (for Trey) local news videos

Really sad (for Trey) local news videos

http://www.wtvq.com/news/3546-gop-senate-race

There are two links, one for the Rand video, the next for the Trey video.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "There weren't many hands for Trey Grayson to shake at Market Street in Maysville"

Poor guy!

Man, I wouldn't say the Rand piece was exactly pro-Rand

It seemed to suggest that Rand was a national candidate and not a Kentucky candidate b/c he canceled a local interview to do Cavuto

For some reason I can't view the Rand vid. Grayson has so much animosity for Rand right about now, it must really burn to be the guy that allows a Paul to get to the Senate.

Trey has to be thinking about taking a long vacation soon. Does he seriously believe he can still win being 16 points down five days before the primary? What is going on his mind?

Three things.

1. Two shots of Grayson shaking hands was an accidental shot of the reporter shaking his hand. Doh!
    2. I know quite a bit about WTVQ. Pretty liberal newsroom considering they are the #3/#4 newscast.
    3. I'd always cancel a local event to reach a national audience since a statewide audience would be there as well.

Rand throws spitballs
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    For some reason I can't view the Rand vid. Grayson has so much animosity for Rand right about now, it must really burn to be the guy that allows a Paul to get to the Senate.
    You are looking at this all wrong. Being a Senator has been Grayson's lifelong ambition. Rand is pissing in his bowl of life™ cereal.

Its funny though, now you see the new whisper campaign on some blogs saying that Rand is the stuck-up smug one in the race. LOL

I live in Kentucky and everyone pretty much views WTVQ as a joke. It has to be one of the worst news broadcasts in the nation let alone Kentucky. Not many people watch that garbage. Channel 27 WKYT is considered the premier channel in central Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadheadForPaul View Post
    Man, I wouldn't say the Rand piece was exactly pro-Rand

It seemed to suggest that Rand was a national candidate and not a Kentucky candidate b/c he canceled a local interview to do Cavuto
    I thought it said he was a rock star. Trey did have one good line about not just throwing spit balls, but if all you saw was these videos, it looks like a done deal, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Rand throws spitballs
    No, he doesn't, but Grayson was trying to paint him as a grandstander, and not practical. It just doesn't suit Rand as a description.

Quote Originally Posted by KanTuck22 View Post
    I live in Kentucky and everyone pretty much views WTVQ as a joke. It has to be one of the worst news broadcasts in the nation let alone Kentucky. Not many people watch that garbage. Channel 27 WKYT is considered the premier channel in central Kentucky.
    I kind of figured this when their channel is called "ABC 36!"

And I thought to myself, "ABC, on channel 36? What the hell? Who's going to turn to channel 36 to watch the news?"
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

No need to kick a man when he's down. Rand probably still has to run the ads because some outside group might come in and pull some nonsense but there's no need for us to pile on.
    "We took it in the shorts with Bush-Cheney, the Iraq War, and by sacrificing fiscal responsibility to hold power.”
    ~John Boehner, GOP Minority Leader

"Take out all this movement stuff. There is no movement.... Look, I know this probably sounds arrogant to say but I redefined the Republican Party." ~President George W. Bush to speechwriter

Quote Originally Posted by KanTuck22 View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    I kind of figured this when their channel is called "ABC 36!"

And I thought to myself, "ABC, on channel 36? What the hell? Who's going to turn to channel 36 to watch the news?"
    CBS 27
    WLEX 18

It's the old analog channels. WBKO in BG is ABC 11.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also ATSC digital, ABC 36 is 36.1 on my TV for the HD/Digital signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain1776 View Post
    No need to kick a man when he's down. Rand probably still has to run the ads because some outside group might come in and pull some nonsense but there's no need for us to pile on.
    I don't think it's a good idea to take a senate primary for granted, being this is the closest we've ever been to this kind of success.

Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea to take a senate primary for granted, being this is the closest we've ever been to this kind of success.
    Sure I'm worried about that too. I'm just saying there's no need to pile on rhetorically and be cocky with shots at someone who will be in our corner in a week from today.

The campaign has to continue its ads just in case A.F.F. etc stick their nose into the race any more.
    "We took it in the shorts with Bush-Cheney, the Iraq War, and by sacrificing fiscal responsibility to hold power.”

"Take out all this movement stuff. There is no movement.... Look, I know this probably sounds arrogant to say but I redefined the Republican Party." ~President George W. Bush to speechwriter

The campaign has to continue its ads just in case A.F.F. etc stick their nose into the race any more.
    Hopefully they wont be throwing more good money after bad money.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Hopefully they wont be throwing more good money after bad money.
    I hope some of our new ads are positive. When AFF interjected itself Rand's campaign made a huge ad buy, for the machine 2. Maybe some of that could go to positive pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I hope some of our new ads are positive. When AFF interjected itself Rand's campaign made a huge ad buy, for the machine 2. Maybe some of that could go to positive pieces.
    More of this:
    YouTube - Rand Paul AD - Bluegrass Values

BamaFanNKy - Yes, more of that!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    BamaFanNKy - Yes, more of that!
    Yeah I don't know. While I think we should tone down the snark against Treyson and McConnell I think the campaign needs to keep up the heat on the issues. McGrayson has so much more cash on hand that a Paul ad with platitudes that doesn't remind them why shouldn't vote for the other guy is risky. "Rand Paul has Bluegrass Values" vs "Rand Paul is a kook that doesn't represent Kentucky Values and the economy" I think will help the opposition. His Machine 2 ad is probably fine...it's less of attack than the Dobson one and includes Rand fighting for small government at the end.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah I don't know. While I think we should tone down the snark against Treyson and McConnell I think the campaign needs to keep up the heat on the issues. McGrayson has so much more cash on hand that a Paul ad with platitudes that doesn't remind them why shouldn't vote for the other guy is risky. "Rand Paul has Bluegrass Values" vs "Rand Paul isn't representing Kentucky Values and the economy" I think will help the opposition. His Machine 2 ad is probably fine...it's less of attack than the Dobson one and includes Rand fighting for small government at the end.
    Half agree. Run 33% Dobson 15% Machine 18% abortion ad 33% Kentucky values.

I didn't care for either of those videos.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst