Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [Operation Flower Drop - Laura Ingraham] - Success!

Quote Originally Posted by bbachtung View Post
    While I realize that this was an idea fostered on the board and paid for by members of the board, how about nominating just Dave for Supporter of the Week over at the official website (it'll get the pictures a lot more exposure)?
    Agreed. Dave you REALLY represented us well, and your account of the day was heartening. It makes we want to...

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.
    We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.
    Thanks for being a part of the campaign!
    Your confirmation number:
    54643-2WR1809673490332R
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    Several hundred, they got sent to the wrong place (her studio) so we got on the horn to Meetup group in San Diego where she was doing a book signing and had them get the bouquet and hand-deliver to her at the book-store.
    haha alright, becsaue I was thinking there was no way those were hundreds of dollars =p

Quote Originally Posted by happyphilter View Post
    haha alright, becsaue I was thinking there was no way those were hundreds of dollars =p
    Yeah, she got two bouquets, heh. Still, an impressive demonstration of our nationwide-activist network. Don't mess with Team Paul.

Yeah, I hadn't really considered how well this demonstrates the grassroots organization, but it's true...

The first plan didn't work and then a pan b was put into place hundreds of miles away and then bam...success, anyways.

That is pretty cool. I'm so impressed with the people who got this done. Thanks Bryan and Dave and anyone else who took action to put this together.

I fear my Joy Behar flower experience will not be nearly as dramatic! Boohoo! Well, anyway, GREAT JOB! And please everyone, watch and listen on THE VIEW tomorrow and then Bill Maher 11PM Fri night. Let's pray there is some mention!

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Question_Authority View Post
    I fear my Joy Behar flower experience will not be nearly as dramatic! Boohoo! Well, anyway, GREAT JOB! And please everyone, watch and listen on THE VIEW tomorrow and then Bill Maher 11PM Fri night. Let's pray there is some mention!
    Don't look at it that way! This was a personal effort. We need impact on all fronts, you never know what you will get through to Joy on. She may mention it to someone "behind the scenes" that will take notice.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Quote Originally Posted by bmcosti View Post
    Another successful story was in Chicago for her speech and book signing event we had about 10 people outside the event. Thanking Laura for being respectful to Ron Paul, and handing out lit. her producer came out later and took pictures of us and our signs. Later one of our guys got invited in by the producer, brought to the front of the line, and got a signature on her book. Cool stuff. Also the morning guys in Chicago John and Cisco, John has increasingly become more supportive of Ron Paul. When talking about the debate Cisco said to John, your guy Ron Paul. Cisco asked John if he was endorsing Paul, and John Said "no but I am getting a lot closer to."

Thought I would share!
    Sweet! I listen to Big John & Cisco on 560 in the mornings.. best morning radio show in Chicago.. I've even gotten on the air live before when they were talking about internet censorship.. I tried to get on another time to talk about Ron Paul and when I told the screener that, he's like "Ron Paul!" all excited, so I think we have a supporter as the screener over there.. Unfortunately I didn't make it on air that time.. Didn't know he liked Paul, although I know he's a big Pat Buchanan fan, so makes sense. I'll have to call in when I can.. suggest you keep the number handy & do it too...
    Last edited by nullvalu; 10-11-2007 at 09:44 PM.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    Personally I'd like to see it delivered to Dr. Paul.

It is his autograph after all...
    That would be great as well. I think he would love the story as much as anything.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Great job on the flower delivery!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamadeh View Post
    omg congrats, thats realy cool I shoulda donated sorrys!
    hehe, well we learned that it's not the money. It's the effort. We were actually fortunte in a way to discover this the hard way. Now it's time to start some strategerizing with some real effertization and consideralization.

What a great job, very encouraging

Awesome! I am so there. ;-) ...its always the personal touch that wins people over. Its true in business, its true in life... it'll work in politics.
    Hector Roos
    Forum Moderator for the Miami Meetup
    Visit us here

I hate to be the party pooper but how much money was raised? When I donated there was over a hundred... a half-dozen roses cost around 20 bucks and a flower arrangement like in the picture around 25. I donated 25 myself.... am I over reacting? I thought there would be several arrangements. Haven't read all 12 pages of posts... am I missing something?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes I am wondering the same thing. Why was two hundred raised? What will be done with the rest of the funds? Even if you were ripped off the flowers and vase could not have been over $50.

Thank you for those that setup this successful campaign. But I would like to know what was done with the remaining funds. I sent $5 into the effort.
    "Liberty, Peace and Prosperity"

If you read the other thread, you'll see that there were actually 2 bouquets delivered. One HUGE bouquet to her office, and this one which was hand delivered.

The first big arrangement was delivered to her studio. She wasn't there. She was out on her book tour. Her studio staff had said she'd be there. The info was incorrect. When the flowers were delivered, the flower delivery person was informed she wasn't there and they were not allowed to take photos of the arrangement at the studio.

So the people dedicated to this idea arranged an alternative - they contacted people in San Diego (where she was on her book tour) and arranged for a second bouquet to be delivered. That was the bouquet featured in the photos here.

Yeah we had the big one sent while she was out, so we got her in San Diego personally and she has the big one waiting from what I understand.

ok... good times.... I read up on this forum a lot, but did not see it on the first 3 pages regarding the delivery.
    "Liberty, Peace and Prosperity"

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    I'm going to send an e-mail out soon to all who donated on the first one but I'm going to eat the cost of the mishap from the disinfo I got so everyone has a choice of either getting a refund or keeping the money in for more fun and campaigning- the choice is yours. Sorry I haven't got this e-mail out yet. BTW- we raised $211 in the ChipIn + my $60.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by tekkierich View Post
    ok... good times.... I read up on this forum a lot, but did not see it on the first 3 pages regarding the delivery.
    This idea was actually started in another thread all together... this idea went through a lot of discussion, and our first attempt kind of failed because she wasn't at her office.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    This idea was actually started in another thread all together... this idea went through a lot of discussion, and our first attempt kind of failed because she wasn't at her office.
    Well actually in my eyes it was a huge success. Primarily because we learned a valuable lesson on two areas:

1. Quality not quantity.
    2. The power of our grassroots / netroots network is immeasurable.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the update and clarification. Great job, sorry she wasn't at her office to receive the big bouquet. If we do hear from you, we'll tell you to keep the extra money. Thanks a lot.

I had to stop by and say "hello", and hope to remind some that there are those of us who had our time to make impacts pass - but still watch, and wait. And we are standing ready to act again, as eager and passionate as ever. That even though we had not won we were not defeated. And that time is as life is transient, but powerful ideas and common dreams are not. So many of us have watched and waited while so many of you have participated and fought on. And as we have seen new energy and new growth in the tens of thousands, I'm sure many would agree with me in wishing to remind us all:

There are one hundred thousand of us standing by who although not readily visible, never surrendered.

I had a lot of fun fighting for Liberty last time around. And this time I'm ready to put in twice the effort.

Shameless self bump for freedom, and fun.

Ron Paul 2012

God help me, I can't stop thinking of the guy in the picture as Al Gore. There's just something about the eyes, and what you can make out of the hair and the head shape. *shudder*

Laura Ingraham is a good woman. This was a great initiative, and something you should be very proud of.
    Last edited by Gaius1981; 02-14-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius1981 View Post
    God help me, I can't stop thinking of the guy in the picture as Al Gore. There's just something about the eyes, and what you can make out of the hair and the head shape. *shudder*

Laura Ingraham is a good woman. This was a great initiative, and something you should be very proud of.
    I wouldn't call Laura Ingraham a good woman. I doubt those getting slaughtered in the Middle East would either. I don't know if you remember, but Ron had a great mini-debate with her on Foreign Policy and she is totally ignorant of the reality of the situation. Intentionally or not, anyone who supports mass murder is not a good person.
    Last edited by Austrian Econ Disciple; 02-14-2011 at 05:46 AM.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    I wouldn't call Laura Ingraham a good woman. I doubt those getting slaughtered in the Middle East would either. I don't know if you remember, but Ron had a great mini-debate with her on Foreign Policy and she is totally ignorant of the reality of the situation. Intentionally or not, anyone who supports mass murder is not a good person.
    She has good intentions, and supports what she thinks is in the best interest of the American people. In her view she isn't supporting mass murder, but justice and democracy. I used to think like her regarding foreign policy, and I know many who still do. They're not evil, but misguided on certain issues. I'm pretty confident she's one of the redeemable conservatives, as opposed to completely lost cases such as Frank Gaffney and Newt Gingrich. In any case, you're not going to win over anyone to our side if you refer to them as mass murderers. I hope the success of this initiative will inspire people like you to use the carrot instead of the stick. Common courtesy goes a long way with conservatives.
    Last edited by Gaius1981; 02-14-2011 at 06:00 AM.

You are exactly right. You have to look at what motivates people. I guarantee you most people who support our foreign policy do so because they think (incorrectly) that it is keeping us safe. They are not out to murder our troops. And the troops aren't out to murder Iraqi's or Afghan's either.

You catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar!
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius1981 View Post
    She has good intentions,
    People who advocate or condone mass murderer do not have good intentions. Mass murder is evil and anyone who gives testament to truth will not sugar coat it. It is not my purpose to make people who sanction evil feel righteous about condoning evil.

Bump for old times

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234