Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Operation Flower Drop - Laura Ingraham] - Success!

[Operation Flower Drop - Laura Ingraham] - Success!

Digg the story here:
    http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Th...arts_and_minds

Dave from the San Diego meetup group had asked me to review this. I cannot put it in any better way Dave. You are an excellent representative of what the new Republican movement is all about.

[Operation Flower Drop] - Mission Accomplished

I thought I would send the full story through you, so you can put it together for the forum or youtube however you like. Pictures are coming tomorrow morning.

I picked up the flowers after work, they were beautiful. I had to hand-write the card (my friend actually) and used the language I suggested, it barely fit. I took pictures of the flowers and the note. Drove to the bookstore to find a line of 200 people or so. Settled into line and chatted up those around me. Everyone was talking about the border and terrorism. They were naturally curious because of the flowers, so plenty of questions. I am a tax planning attorney, so we mostly talked about taxes and spending, everyone pretty much agreed that spending was out of control. I mentioned that I was shocked and disappointed that Bush and the Republican congress could let spending get so bad. Most of those around me were initially defensive, but then joined in the concern.

Later I really stressed my concern with the economy, foreign debt, weak dollar, etc. and was taken very seriously as a financial "expert". Many mentioned concerns over foreign debt. I worked my way around to this statement: "In terms of national defense, I am way more concerned about how China could use the $2.7 trillion of U.S. debt as an economic weapon than I am of Syria or Iran." You could see the gears turn in each head...it really is obvious that funding an overseas empire is terrible for our defense...once you table it correctly. Not a single comment about Iran after that exchange.

After they all were comfortable that I was one of them, I mentioned that the flowers were from my Ron Paul Meetup group. Again, initial shock, but then surprisingly rapid acceptance. I specifically mentioned that I do not agree with Dr. Paul on all issues, but that his sterling record on spending and his integrity were what won me over. Lots of nods.

After almost two hours, we finally got up close and my photographer positioned herself. I gave her the flowers and she asked me my name. I said, "My name is Dave, but these flowers are not from me, they are from Ron Paul supporters all over the country." "Ron Paul? you guys are EVERYWHERE (loud and to the crowd). The crowd farther back in line looked puzzled, but not the ones around me, they just smiled. I continued, "These are to say thank you for your nice words about our candidate, thank you for giving us Goldwater Republicans a fair shake." She smiled quite broadly. I asked her to sign the book "to Ron Paul" and said I would deliver it to Ron. She signed the book "To Ron Paul, Paulies ROCK!".

I paid for the book and headed home.

Lessons learned for my own one-on-one campaigning: 1) leave the Ron Paul attire at home (I was dressed in a suit), and build common ground before dropping the Ron Paul bomb; 2) friendly and polite drops the defenses; 3) build more common ground; 4) the average Republican is scared sh**less about foreign debt, spending and the economy, it is truly the winning issue; 5) the border is a HUGE issue, larger than I thought; and 6) "Paulies" are quickly moving from crazies to be feared to endearing, energetic Republicans with common sense.

These book signings are prime opportunities to convert your standard Fox News Republican to an ally. I would recommend future attendance, but would make the following suggestions: 1) too many Ron Paul supporters with flowers will move from nice to creepy real quick; and 2) Get the young supporters out. Laura was featured on the cover of Time as the poster child of the rise of the Young Republican, I think she sees parallels already with Ron Paul. Lets cement that idea for her and other influential Republican pundits.
    Last edited by hard@work; 10-11-2007 at 01:46 PM.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Operation Flower Drop

The payload:

Beautiful!

The message:

The target (also beautiful!):

Success!! Look at that smile!!

Mission Accomplished!!!

The Bottom Line:

Very nice results indeed. I think this one was a good idea and a success.
    Freedom from the government!
    Freedom from the boss!
    And freedom from everyone else!
    Check out Holistic Politics for more info.

I will cover this on RonPaulRadio.com Would love to hear from you in person when we figure out how to take calls. Awesome!
    Last edited by ghemminger; 10-11-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Foil_Hat View Post
    Paulies Rock
    It appears to say "Pauliacs" to me.
    Freedom from the government!
    Freedom from the boss!
    And freedom from everyone else!
    Check out Holistic Politics for more info.

Great story!
    I don't know what to do with it, give it to Dr. Paul, ebay it and donate. Perhaps a vote.
    ^^^ It's simple: you told Laura Ingraham that you would give the book to Ron Paul, so now you need to keep your word! Have it shipped to someone trustworthy who will be going to one of Paul's upcoming events. You never know-- Paul could then be inspired to go on Laura Ingraham's show

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Great job! It couldn't have been completed more perfectly... I'm pumped.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

If you mail it to the campaign, address it to either Lew Rockwell or Caroline Paul c/o the campaign.

Then it's not a contribution.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure." - Robert LeFevre

Quick someone, where's the Banksy picture? I need it to repost this.

Great Work Got My Fix
    Ron Pauling It 2008 Colorado

Excellent excellent excelllent work. Someone should be recording her show next time it airs see if RP gets some kind words.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Great job everyone! Great pics too!

This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNoZone View Post
    It appears to say "Pauliacs" to me.
    Yes, it appears that way on the book. I was going by the text before the pics went up. Who cares?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BW4Paul View Post
    Great story!

^^^ It's simple: you told Laura Ingraham that you would give the book to Ron Paul, so now you need to keep your word! Have it shipped to someone trustworthy who will be going to one of Paul's upcoming events. You never know-- Paul could then be inspired to go on Laura Ingraham's show
    agreed! And very nice work! You represented us well

wow, sounds like you really used the situation to your advantage and our advantage by creating a good impression of Dr. Paul and our movement! Great job and nice representation of a RP supporter

Ps: for future things maybe we shouldnt put Ron Paul forums but just Ron Paul supporters. Im not sure we want the media lurking on our site

Is that Paulies or Pauliacs?(is that what they call us now )...either way, that seemed like an awesome experience.

edit: someone beat me to it...
    Last edited by lisajames96; 10-11-2007 at 01:35 PM.
    "What to the Slave is the 4th of July." "No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own."
    -Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

Hahahaha, awesome picture!

And awesome job with delivering the flowers personally. Couldn't have gone better by the looks of it!
    "Not everybody will take care of themselves like they should. Not everybody will be responsible. But when we allow people to become more creative, then we understand the real true purpose in life is to strive for virtue and excellence. We can't do that with government bearing down on us every single day." - Ron Paul

GREAT WORK!!! You took a golden moment and turned it into a golden opportunity to spread the word.

---I say be true to your word and send the book to Dr. Paul!
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

She looks charmed out of her socks. Great job!

Laura stepped out of the pack way early with an open mind about Ron Paul, so it's nice to see her honored this way.

Probably restraint is best, and to coordinate flower gifts though this board. Wouldn't want to overkill the idea, or to forget an important person, either.

Now this is campaigning!
    War is in fact the true nurse of executive aggrandizement. - James Madison

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Flawless execution! I've cross-posted it various places.

great job! bryan, excellent idea... great art!
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

Thumbs up

Bravo to all that made this possible...

Long live the Revolution...

We should start putting this Banksy flower logo on our deliveries.

Nice work! I would get Paul to sign the book as well and THEN ebay it. :-)
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

If you told her you would give it to Dr. Paul, you should make every effort to do so, shouldn't you? Nice idea, execution, and thanks ofr the pics. Very cool

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast