Thread: Kentucky voters switching to new voting machines for primaries

Kentucky voters switching to new voting machines for primaries

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Kentucky voters in 42 counties will get to cast their first ballots on new digital scan voting machines in the upcoming primary election.

Secretary of State Trey Grayson says the system provides a voter verified paper record.

Seven counties first used the new systems during the 2008 primary election with 27 counties following suit in the 2008 general election.

The equipment, called eScans, is a precinct-based voting system that digitally captures voter selections on printed ballots and integrates vote totals from absentee-by-mail and electronic voting systems to produce a single set of election reports.

Over 90 counties in Kentucky already use the machines for absentee balloting.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/05/12/1...#ixzz0niCWDhIi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's important that as many Rand supporters as can find the time volunteer to work the polls and keep their eyes open.

I saw something weird about a Northern KY district where an election official was replaced summarily against her will 'because she was too nice.'. Call me paranoid, but that seemed unlikely to me. Mind you, it might have been a strictly local or personality issue, but it was weird.

I hope Rand's campaign has put the state on notice that it expects them to RETAIN the voter records for the maximum legally required amount of time. Otherwise recount issues can't be dealt with because 'oops!' the paperwork is missing.

I am not specifically thinking there will be vote tampering, but there has been in KY recently, and it is amazing to me that Grayson hasn't recused himself.

I actually like these machines. It's the old ones I hate.

This is interesting.

Trey should still recuse himself.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

conflict of interest.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

I am of the opinion that Rand should hold Trey's feet to the fire over the fact that he's presiding over an election where he is a candidate. If Trey doesn't see the inherent conflict of interest, he's an idiot. Trey so far has just said that the people of the state elected him to oversee elections, but he ignores that they did so without knowing that he'd be presiding over his own election. He should step down not because he is necessarily "at risk" of fraud - he should step down out of respect for the fact that there is a conflict of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    It's important that as many Rand supporters as can find the time volunteer to work the polls and keep their eyes open.
    What would that do? I mean, more important would be to address the issue and re-institute paper ballots - i.e. a real election.

I am of the opinion that Rand should hold Trey's feet to the fire over the fact that he's presiding over an election where he is a candidate. If Trey doesn't see the inherent conflict of interest, he's an idiot. Trey so far has just said that the people of the state elected him to oversee elections, but he ignores that they did so without knowing that he'd be presiding over his own election. He should step down not because he is necessarily "at risk" of fraud - he should step down out of respect for the fact that there is a conflict of interest.
    I agree with the principle, but I don't know that the voter fraud movement benefits if Trey were to step down and Rand still loses. Are there unforeseen consequences of 'holding Trey's feet to the fire'?
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't merely disagree with Trey Grayson, I hate him as a person. Not only did he turn in a fellow Republican to the IRS, he is a despicable liar, on abortion and other issues, and his refusal to recuse himself is a clear sign that he intends to cheat in this election if the vote is close enough. And most importantly, he is destroying a real opportunity to get someone elected who truly supports liberty and the Constitution, all for his selfish career advancements to continue the theft and loot of the American people that career politicians practice all too often.

oohhhh noeeez.....
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trey really is a wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
    I don't merely disagree with Trey Grayson, I hate him as a person. Not only did he turn in a fellow Republican to the IRS, he is a despicable liar, on abortion and other issues, and his refusal to recuse himself is a clear sign that he intends to cheat in this election if the vote is close enough. And most importantly, he is destroying a real opportunity to get someone elected who truly supports liberty and the Constitution, all for his selfish career advancements to continue the theft and loot of the American people that career politicians practice all too often.
    It's the place of the sovereign citizen to speak those words, not the candidate, IMO.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

you're not alone, my friend

Rand is disgusted with Trey.

Trey lied to Dr. Dobson, lied to KY voters, has a conflict of interest he would recuse himself of, is smarmy, is unprincipled, and just wants to advanced himself

How anyone could support him is beyond me

I gotta figure that his ~30% of the GOP base either know nothing about him or have been told to support him by their establishment friends

Quote Originally Posted by DeadheadForPaul View Post
    you're not alone, my friend

Rand is disgusted with Trey.

Trey lied to Dr. Dobson, lied to KY voters, has a conflict of interest he would recuse himself of, is smarmy, is unprincipled, and just wants to advanced himself

How anyone could support him is beyond me

I gotta figure that his ~30% of the GOP base either know nothing about him or have been told to support him by their establishment friends
    I think a large chunk of Trey's supporters are hardcore neocons who are single-issue warmongers, who want war with Iran and put Israel above America. In other words, they are David Frum/Cheney Republicans who are moderate on other issues (such as abortion, spending, bailouts, etc.) and mainly want to bomb Muslims.

I think we all know that the smug liar in my avatar wishes that war and national security were the top issues of the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    It's the place of the sovereign citizen to speak those words, not the candidate, IMO.
    Well, Rand does call Trey a liar and he once called him despicable in a debate.

Well, Rand does call Trey a liar and he once called him despicable in a debate.
    Those are different words, but point taken.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What would that do? I mean, more important would be to address the issue and re-institute paper ballots - i.e. a real election.
    With a week to go I don't see that happening, but we can do both, because both undertakings involve different resource allocations.

I agree with the principle, but I don't know that the voter fraud movement benefits if Trey were to step down and Rand still loses. Are there unforeseen consequences of 'holding Trey's feet to the fire'?
    Perhaps the voter fraud movement might not gain by nipping this in the bud, but Rand's campaign would. It would put media focus in the week leading up to the election on Rand's quest for accountable and transparent government, based on a slam-dunk of a moral issue that puts Trey on the ropes.

If Rand loses, sure it's better for the voter fraud movement to have Trey at the helm, because without Trey directing things it's tougher to accuse him of stealing the election - but that's not the only goal in this thing.

He should step down not because he is necessarily "at risk" of fraud - he should step down out of respect for the fact that there is a conflict of interest.
    this! i dont think there is a serious risk that he could rig the election but there is certainly the appearance of such a possibility and he should be respectful of that view. if there's any risk, even the slightest possibility, he should have the integrity to step aside.

I oversaw an election but it was just watching the paper go in and out of a Diebold machine. There wasn't anything I could do. The 'vote in sunshine' people were trying to do an exit poll but were viewed as uncooperative by security.

this! i dont think there is a serious risk that he could rig the election but there is certainly the appearance of such a possibility and he should be respectful of that view. if there's any risk, even the slightest possibility, he should have the integrity to step aside.
    Yes, this, but groomed establishment hacks don't tend to exhibit integrity.

Possibly Rand should push the issue, I don't know enough. I like how the campaign has been run though.

I oversaw an election but it was just watching the paper go in and out of a Diebold machine. There wasn't anything I could do. The 'vote in sunshine' people were trying to do an exit poll but were viewed as uncooperative by security.
    Wasn't the electronic voting in the KY primary supposed to have paper receipts???

I think we can all agree he's an idiot regardless of whether or not he sees the inherent conflict of interest.