Thread: Cathy Bailey backing Rand Paul in primary

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Philanthropist and GOP fundraiser Cathy Bailey is backing Rand Paul in the U.S. Senate race, saying that "Like many people, I was originally told things about Rand Paul’s views that turned out to be false. The truth is Rand Paul is a true conservative and he will not participate in the business-as-usual culture of Washington D.C."

Both Bailey and her husband, Irv Bailey have made $1000 contributions to the Paul campaign.

The move splits Bailey from her longtime friend, Sen. Mitch McConnell, in a Senate race that Bailey herself once considered entering.

As Bailey, the former U.S. Ambassador to Latvia under President George W. Bush, is considered more of an "establishment" Republican, the donation may lend even more credibility to the Paul campaign among skeptical members of the party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statement of Ambassador Cathy Bailey Regarding Her Contribution to Rand Paul’s U.S. Senate Campaign

“I have consistently said that I wanted the Republican Party of Kentucky to nominate a true conservative to replace Senator Jim Bunning in Washington D.C. Like many people, I was originally told things about Rand Paul’s views that turned out to be false. The truth is Rand Paul is a true conservative and he will not participate in the business-as-usual culture of Washington D.C. I am confident that he will stand up for fiscal discipline, just as Senator Bunning has done time and again.

“As a former U.S. Ambassador, one of the most important issues to me is foreign policy. After talking with Rand Paul I am persuaded that he has the judgment and conservative values to make sound foreign policy decisions as a member of the U.S. Senate.

“The bottom line for me came in deciding which of these two candidates is strong enough and conservative enough to truly stand against President Obama’s liberal agenda, which is pushing the United States down a treacherous path on many fronts. After taking everything into consideration, I, like many other Kentucky Republicans, came to the conclusion that we need Rand Paul in Washington D.C. He is the right man at the right time for Kentucky and for the U.S. Senate.”
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Philanthropist and GOP fundraiser Cathy Bailey is backing Rand Paul in the U.S. Senate race, saying that "Like many people, I was originally told things about Rand Paul’s views that turned out to be false. The truth is Rand Paul is a true conservative and he will not participate in the business-as-usual culture of Washington D.C."

Nice!

Is she the woman that had a fire at her home, and some of her family died? That was so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Is she the woman that had a fire at her home, and some of her family died? That was so sad.
    Yeah. That was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    David Adams and Rand are just doing a beautiful job of pushing out this narrative in the final weeks of the campaign. Endorsements like this are wonderful because they pre-emptively counter attacks on Rand by getting independent, widely respected conservatives to call the attackers liars.

Outstanding job by the campaign.

How funny that a few months ago we were worried she was going to run against Rand. Now, in the crucial final days of the race, she's instead providing her support.

Thanks Cathy!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trey's smear campaign .....
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

This is BIG in my estimation. I would run an ad showing both Bailey and Palin are his endorsements. That'll bring women to our side in herds.

The bottom line for me came in deciding which of these two candidates is strong enough and conservative enough to truly stand against President Obama’s liberal agenda, which is pushing the United States down a treacherous path on many fronts. After taking everything into consideration, I, like many other Kentucky Republicans, came to the conclusion that we need Rand Paul in Washington D.C. He is the right man at the right time for Kentucky and for the U.S. Senate.”
    More than anything, I think the "Trey is really a democrat, obama lover" talking point is working well. People just don't want to risk it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    More than anything, I think the "Trey is really a democrat, obama lover" talking point is working well. People just don't want to risk it this year.
    this progressive tells other progressives not to worry about grayson because he is a former democrat: http://electionink.com/content.php/1...by-Jason-Levin
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Was just looking at Rand's site and saw a $1000 spike and Cathy Bailey's name...

this progressive tells other progressives not to worry about grayson because he is a former democrat: http://electionink.com/content.php/1...by-Jason-Levin
    I'm fairly certain that posting is in the vein of the fred-thompson-forum of old.

This is what happens when you become a winner. The same people that dissed you when you were a nobody...suddenly want to be your pal!

LOL!....People like Bailey make me vomit....but I welcome her to the bandwagon just the same.....as long as she knows to ride in the back.