Thread: Mitch McConnell losing his popularity since endorsement.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

well, im mad at him for his endorsement of grayson. i mean, im sure everyone here is....

but
    before, i could at least try to justify his actions but this is such an obvious disregard for conservative values that i will not support him in the future. in the past i could overlook a lot and make excuses for him-- but not anymore. what good is a leader that doesnt cling to any set of values? i mean, leaders should know how to make compromise in order to accomplish goals, but there is a limit and i feel that its been crossed too many times and too far.

going too far over the line:
    McConnell helped broker bipartisan agreement on the $700 billion Wall Street bailout in 2008 — much to the chagrin of staunch fiscal conservatives like Bunning. The bailout is now a key rallying cry for change used by anti-establishment candidates such as Paul, who holds a double-digit lead over Grayson in the latest Kentucky Poll.

Once this election is over, we have to find the next Conservative Liberty Candidate to take on McConnell in 2014.

We should start organizing this November.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Replac...18424958172038

For GOP stalwarts : playing ball >>>>> conservative values

Mitch exemplifies everything that is wrong with the Republican Party.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I have to agree with The Collins. But relax, it will be Mitch turn next. Does anyone think David Adams himself would be interested in a run?

Or why not... THE COLLINS?
    /John

David Adams would be the Campaign Manager, that is where he is talented. We need a good face, smooth talker who believes in our Founding Father's principles just like Rand. Not to say that David Adams couldn't do it but he is too good of a manager, kind of like the Karl Rove of the Liberty Movement (Yes, that was a compliment, Karl Rove is a genius at political strategy, an evil genius).

Stan Lee is a very popular conservative around this area. He is currently in the state legislature and is a pretty big 10th amendment advocate, however, I'm not sure what side of the line he treads in the GOP. Would he want to piss off Mitch McConnell? Who knows. He would be an excellent U.S. Senator, but there may be things about him that I don't know about. I have been impressed with him in the state legislature though.

YouTube - Tenth Amendment Rally Remarks by Kentucky Representative Stan Lee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And a Dem blog is noting that a potential Dem candidate is already sending exploration emails out about running against Mitch, given this poll.

Not that anyone here wants a Dem in that seat, but I'm glad Mitch is getting payback for this, he should.

I would prefer an honest democrat to a dishonest republican anytime. Honesty and character is what is lacking in Washington today, even more than fiscal conservatism. See, the thing is that for liberalism it doesn't take anything to support it. We are all born liberals - any five year old wants to eat candy and won't listen when you say we cannot afford it. You just need to be a five year old to be a liberal. To be a fiscal conservative, it takes an enormous amount of character, and in the end honesty to make it work. Mitch McConnell and the democrats are doing the same thing basicly, so why not elect someone who at least would be honest about what he is doing? Not that they are easy to find, but still.

JohnG - exactly.

If we are going to have a wolf it's better that he is not in sheep's clothing so that less people will be deceived by him.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I would like to see Graham replaced by a democrat as well.

And I seriously think you should consider challenging Mitt in 2014, Collins

good!
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I would like to see Graham replaced by a democrat as well.

And I seriously think you should consider challenging Mitt in 2014, Collins
    Didn't we try that? A GOP Ron Paul supporter ran against him, since the state is so red he took the Dem primary than got something like 42% of the vote against Graham in the general election. A complete unknown.

Next time we'll do better. Mitt, I'll support you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Didn't we try that? A GOP Ron Paul supporter ran against him, since the state is so red he took the Dem primary than got something like 42% of the vote against Graham in the general election. A complete unknown.

Next time we'll do better. Matt, I'll support you as well!
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Thanks!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.