Here is why Rand Paul's statement is in support of the Az Law.

Rand's statement: I support local solutions to illegal immigration as protected by the 10th amendment. Clearly, state and local government believe they must take these matters into their own hands, because of the federal government failure, and I support their right to do so.

They passed a state solution and here is the link to the law: http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/.../043010_hb2162

Rand's statement: I support the full enforcement of federal immigration laws, be it by federal or state law enforcement.

Taken from the AZ Law:

No official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state may limit or restrict the enforcement of federal immigration laws to less than the full extent permitted by federal law.

Rand's statement: I support laws that allow immigration status to be checked as a secondary issue, meaning, if a person has been stopped for some other valid reason.

Taken from the AZ Law:

For any lawful contact STOP, DETENTION OR ARREST made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state IN THE ENFORCEMENT OF ANY OTHER LAW OR ORDINANCE OF A COUNTY, CITY OR TOWN OR THIS STATE where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who AND is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation.

It is a good political statement by Rand so people can put on the statement what they feel. That is why he is winning in Kentucky. He not only cares about the country and its laws, but is able to express his stances in a way that most can agree.

ssforronpaul