Thread: BLM Ranger Uses Excessive Force!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS--BLM Ranger Uses Excessive Force!!!!!

This story originally broke from this paper. There are hard copy newspapers that have this story printed in it that have not even arrived at peoples door steps yet...

This story was not first put up on a blog, but on the official newspapers website...once the hard copy papers reach people...It will most likely blow up and go mainstream...
    The US-observer has been in business for over 17 years...started and owned by Edward Snook
    http://www.usobserver.com/archive/se...-newspaper.htm
    For the sake of brevity the Oregon Observer, now known as the US~Observer has won over 3,500 cases using the power of the press these past 17 years.

Curt Chancler ,whom I spoke to, interviewed all the witnesses TWICE! Once independently, and then as a group (after each of their statements had been taken down)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Curt Chancler
    Investigative Reporter
    US-Observer

Incident occurred 2-20-2010 - Being menaced, assaulted and jailed by an armed Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Park Ranger was the last thing that Dennis and Michelle Easley and their three children could have planned for when they left home on the morning of Feb. 20th 2010, for a day of play in the country with friends.

Dennis and Michelle Easley, their three children and friends Lana Walker with her two children, Lana’s sister Jennifer Mobbs, Adam Ramirez and his brother Zues and friend, Mark, were all preparing for a day of fun with their off road RV’s that were parked at a gravel pit near Elderberry camp grounds. Elderberry camp grounds and the surrounding area are located in Southern Oregon about fifteen miles from Central Point Oregon and has been a popular place for families to camp, ride bikes and off road vehicle’s for at least 40 years.

According to witnesses, as some in the families were preparing to ride two armed men wearing camel packs and Helmets riding unmarked dirt bikes displaying nothing that would readily indicate they were law enforcement rode up and said, “we are checking for Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) stickers.”

Michelle said they started with their new friend Mark with questions about the lack of an off road sticker on his OHV. Mark told them his OHV was broken and inoperable so they left him alone.

After a few moments the armed men came over to talk to Dennis and Michelle, and told them they were only going to give them a fix it ticket for not having OHV stickers and one of the men told Dennis he wanted to see his ID.

Dennis said he started to comply and then thought, “wait a minute, I do not even know if these guys are law enforcement.” He told the man, no I am not going to show you anything until you show me you’re ID, the man took out a container of pepper spray and started to shake it, ( that’s when) the mood became more intense. Dennis told the man, you took it out, if you’re going to use it then use it, but I am not going to show you anything until you show me that you are a cop.

The man raised his voice and said show me your ID right now or I will place you under arrest.

Dennis turned around placed his hands behind his back and told the man arrest me then; the man produced handcuffs and handcuffed Dennis, telling him he was under arrest.

At this point everyone that witnessed this incident unfold stated they were frightened, stunned and could not believe it was happening. The Easley’s family dog was barking and some of the children were becoming extremely upset.

Michelle stated, as the man was putting cuffs on her husband she walked over to them and asked, why are you arresting my husband?

That’s when the second man, later Identified as BLM Ranger William Finch told Michelle to step back and she did so and then again she asked the first man, later identified as Jackson County Deputy Sheriff Jimmie Gyllenskog, why are you arresting my husband?

BLM Ranger Finch bristled and shouted I told you to step the f- - K back, Michelle complied then started walking over to the truck where Dennis and Michelle’s 13 yr. old daughter, Cheyenne, was in the back of the truck with the family dog. The family dog, a 9 month old 100 lb Rottweiler was barking and growling at BLM Ranger Finch. Michelle said the way Ranger Finch was acting, she was afraid if the dog got out of the truck that Ranger Finch would shoot the dog in front of the children.

Adam Ramirez, standing a few feet away said at this point Ranger Finch started yelling at Michelle, that she had better show him her ID. She told him twice that she did not have it with her because she had left it in their other car, but she could give him her Drivers License Number.

Adam said he walked over to the truck, took the dog out of the truck and he had only taken about 10 steps when he heard Michelle shout I have a bad neck and then her body slammed against the ground. Adam said when he spun around Michelle was on the ground and Ranger Finch was twisting her arm up behind her back and he was screaming and cussing at her.

Adam said his two small children were so frightened that his three year old daughter tried to take off running down the road and his four year old son along with Dennis and Michelle’s three year old son jumped into the car and were trying to hide. Adam said that’s when Lana tried going over to the children to calm them down. Adam said that Ranger Finch reached for his gun and started yelling, “Get the f- -k away from the car now.

Adam said Lana started crying and told Ranger Finch that she was just trying to get the children. Adam stated, “Deputy Gyllenskog told Lana that she could go to the car and try to calm the children down. BLM Ranger William Finch, while holding Michelle to the ground, put his hand on his weapon again and shouted at the thirteen year old child to get the f- -k away from the truck. Adam said that Cheyenne was so frightened that she did not know what to do.”

http://www.usobserver.com/archive/ap...ive-force.html
    Last edited by Jdayh; 04-29-2010 at 01:08 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is so f@@king insane!! These 2 criminals should be locked up right now... Call the following and let their bosses know!!!
    BLM-- the boss of the ranger Finch is Jock Hansen
    3040 Biddle Road
    Medford, OR 97504
    541-618-2200

email-- Medford_Mail@blm.gov

and Call the local sheriffs office and demand that they investigate....541-774-6029

Here is the D.A. office for that area....

Call and urge them to prosecute those officers on the following...
    --not showing proper ID in an arrest
    --not reading anyone their rights(again very provable with all the witnesses)
    --criminal menacing
    --assault --obviously on the women

Mark D. Huddleston
    District Attorney
    Jackson County
    715 West 10th Street
    Medford, OR 97501
    Phone (541) 774-8181
    Fax (541) 608-2982

Go Michelle!:

Hi all, I'm Michelle(the one this happened to) I myself can not talk about my case but if you all read the us observer you know what happened. If you see my story in any other place please let me know i will greatly appreciate it and THANK YOU all so much for your support but please Don't threaten or joke about hurting either officer, I will deal with this the right way, through the courts. I WILL NOT STOP!! What I really need is for more people to come forward who have had problems with said Rainger and testify against him. We need to stop him before he kills some innosent person!! I WILL NOT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH WHAT HE HAS DONE!!!

It seems she is not taking this lying down....good for her!!!

If this guy tried this $#@! on me on BLM land he would be full of hot lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Stud View Post
    If this guy tried this $#@! on me on BLM land he would be full of hot lead.
    AGREED!! these type of abusive punks need to be taken down.....