Thread: Collins Bailey from Maryland -- a Liberty Candidate!

Collins Bailey from Maryland -- a Liberty Candidate!

Sorry if there is a thread somewhere else on Collins Bailey, though I did some searching on RPF but couldn't find anything dedicated to this guy.

Anyone know anything about him? I live in Maryland and was driving down Route 1, and saw a massive sign with Collins Bailey's name on it with the phrases "ABOLISH THE IRS" and "Restore the Republic" on it, and of course these are very familiar themes for Paulians

Anyone know much about him? Sounds like he's in our camp for sure!

COLLINS BAILEY for CONGRESS, Maryland's 5th Congressional District.

http://www.baileyforuscongress.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I met him last Wednesday, he gave a pretty good talk about our growing national debt and how to fix the problem. He even gave me a free Constitution.

But Collins Bailey is never going to beat Steny Hoyer, not only because of his district, but he is too socially conservative. He describes this country as a Christian Constitutional Republic, and I just cannot agree with the Christian part. Liberals and moderates are adamantly opposed to the idea of mixing religion with government.

I do love everything else about him, and RP endorsed him last election.
    Last edited by Fozz; 04-25-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
    I met him last Wednesday, he gave a pretty good talk about our growing national debt and how to fix the problem. He even gave me a free Constitution.

But Collins Bailey is never going to beat Steny Hoyer, not only because of his district, but he is too socially conservative. He describes this country as a Christian Constitutional Republic, and I just cannot agree with the Christian part. Liberals and moderates are adamantly opposed to the idea of mixing religion with government.

I do love everything else about him, and RP endorsed him last election.

...not sure (i'd have to look up) but isn't Steny Hoyer in congressional district #4?

I agree about the 'Christian Constitutional Republic', in particular in Hoyer's district-- most people in this district don't speak english, or very broken english, and are basically from all over the world. I used to live in that district and i remember one day looking for an item in a jammed-packed k-mart type of store and people were talking Asian, Indian, Hindu, Spanish, French, Muslim and everything else except english: i tend to think the idea of America being a 'Christian Constitutional Republic' is the last thing on their minds... wonder why he doesn't try running in a more conservative part of Maryland (like western Md)?
    Last edited by charrob; 04-25-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    ...not sure (i'd have to look up) but isn't Steny Hoyer in congressional district #4?

I agree about the 'Christian Constitutional Republic', in particular in Hoyer's district-- most people in this district don't speak english, or very broken english, and are basically from all over the world. I used to live in that district and i remember one day looking for an item in a jammed-packed k-mart type of store and people were talking Asian, Indian, Hindu, Spanish, French, Muslim and everything else except english: i tend to think the idea of America being a 'Christian Constitutional Republic' is the last thing on their minds... wonder why he doesn't try running in a more conservative part of Maryland (like western Md)?
    Steny Hoyer is in District #5, but I think Collins Bailey probably lives in southern MD, and western MD already is represented by a hardcore conservative who is almost a liberty supporter (except he is pro-war).

No relation...
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst