Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lysander Spooner

Quote Originally Posted by Wineman77 View Post
    Would love a t-shirt of that to wear next time I have to go to the post office.
    I always thought it would be cool to get a Spooner tshirt but I have a feeling that a lot people will get him confused with someone else

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesker1982 View Post
    I always thought it would be cool to get a Spooner tshirt but I have a feeling that a lot people will get him confused with someone else

or Santa Claus.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesker1982 View Post

Aye, this is the same reason why I haven't ordered an LS shirt yet.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    One more bump, just to make sure Heavenlyboy sees it.
    Thanks! I'm saving it. It's an awesome piece. Like you, I loves me some Spooner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

n/m, dupe post
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Is there a high-res version of this?
    Last edited by Omphfullas Zamboni; 10-28-2011 at 12:23 AM.
    It doesn't end with this election cycle. Commit to long term change, and you won't see all the GOP state convention shenanigans as the end of the Ron Paul Revolution--but as the end of the neocon control of the GOP, (and the beginning of the Ron Paul Revolution). Hang in there for another year or so, and you'll start to see some absolutely amazing results for all of our efforts. ~Ninja Homer

Weekend bump.
    It doesn't end with this election cycle. Commit to long term change, and you won't see all the GOP state convention shenanigans as the end of the Ron Paul Revolution--but as the end of the neocon control of the GOP, (and the beginning of the Ron Paul Revolution). Hang in there for another year or so, and you'll start to see some absolutely amazing results for all of our efforts. ~Ninja Homer

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hahahahah just for you HVACTech

'Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it.'

Lysander Spooner

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    'Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it.'

Lysander Spooner
    my goshness!!! who woulda thought!

thank you for that MINDBLOWING revelation sir!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    my goshness!!! who woulda thought!

thank you for that MINDBLOWING revelation sir!
    The apology, that is constantly put forth for the injustice of government, viz., that a man must consent to give up some of his rights, in order to have his other rights protected - involves a palpable absurdity, both legally and politically.

Lysander Spooner
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Majorities, as such, afford no guarantees for justice. They are men of the same nature as minorities. They have the same passions for fame, power, and money, as minorities; and are liable and likely to be equally - perhaps more than equally, because more boldly - rapacious, tyrannical and unprincipled, if intrusted with power.

Lysander Spooner

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    Gorgeous!!
    I miss TT...I wonder if he's still in NH?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The apology, that is constantly put forth for the injustice of government, viz., that a man must consent to give up some of his rights, in order to have his other rights protected - involves a palpable absurdity, both legally and politically.

Lysander Spooner
    what if... I consider YOU a...

"palpable absurdity" as an, "anti-federalist" on a Ron Paul based website?

The right of revolution, which tyrants, in mockery, accord to mankind, is no legal right under a government; it is only a natural right to overturn a government.

Lysander Spooner

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ron Paul: Democratic Republican and Anti-Federalist

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

The right of revolution, which tyrants, in mockery, accord to mankind, is no legal right under a government; it is only a natural right to overturn a government.

Lysander Spooner
    yah. that is what I was thinking you would suggest.

Anti-Federalists Prophesied The End Of Freedom

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...ed-end-of.html

By Ilana Mercer

On the eve of the federal convention, and following its adjournment in September of 1787, the Anti-Federalists made the case that the Constitution makers in Philadelphia had exceeded the mandate they were given to amend the Articles of Confederation, and nothing more. The Federal Constitution augured ill for freedom, argued the Anti-Federalists. These unsung heroes had warned early Americans of the "ropes and chains of consolidation," in Patrick Henry's magnificent words, inherent in the new dispensation.

After 200 years of just such "consolidation"—in the magisterial “Liberty, Order, And Justice: An Introduction to the Constitutional Principles of American Government”—constitutional scholar James McClellan distilled the Anti-Federalist argument with the respect it deserves.

As "strong advocates of States' Rights," Anti-Federalists held that "self-government, independence, and individual liberty were best protected at the local level. A distant and powerful central government," the kind cooked up at the Philadelphia convention, was anathema to these "cherished values." To that end, Anti-Federalists fought to preserve the "loose-knit relationship" that had existed between the "Confederation government and the States."

Should the Federal Constitution be ratified, there would be "no checks, no real balances," thundered Patrick Henry. Instead, the country would live under a "powerful and mighty empire." Writing under the assumed name "Agrippa," yet another Anti-Federalist scoffed at the idea of an enormous "uncompounded republic," "containing 6 million white inhabitants," all "reduced to the same standard of morals or habits and of laws." This "in itself is an absurdity," mocked "Agrippa."

The Tower of Babel that is 21st century America is home not to 6 but 317 million alienated, antagonistic individuals, diverse to the point of distrust. These modern-day Americans, some of whose ancestors were brought together by a "profound intellectual and emotional attachment to individual liberty," possess little by way of "social capital" to unify them. Surveys say Americans today avoid one another and hunker down unhappily in front of the TV, instead. This would have hardly surprised "Agrippa."

So, too, did Anti-Federalists predict the problem of representatives who had been imbued with excessive power. "Once elected, representatives would be far from home, comfortable in their jobs, enjoying a big salary ... living in some distant, yet-to-be-built city far removed from the watchful eye of the people they represented."

Sound familiar?

From "Brutus" came perhaps the most "perceptive and far-reaching examinations of congressional power from the Anti-Federalist perspective." Writing in the New York Journal, "Brutus" observed that "the 'most natural and grammatical construction' of the General Welfare Clause in Article I is that it authorizes the Congress 'to do anything which in their judgment will tend to provide for the general welfare, and this amounts to the same thing as general and unlimited power of legislation in all cases."

"If only the high-minded Framers had written the Constitution with crooks in mind," lamented this column in 2008. "Brutus" was not nearly as charitable. Bitterly did he complain about a Constitution that was "written 'in general and indefinite terms, which are either equivocal, ambiguous, or which require definition.'"

The Commerce Clause has given us the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. “ACA,” or “Obamacare,” forces 21st century Americans to purchase the federal government's version of health insurance, or risk punishment. The Clause was the focus of scathing Anti-Federalist critique. "What is meant by 'the power to regulate?" they demanded to know. "What, precisely, is 'commerce'"? The new Constitution, argued the prescient Anti-Federalists, is mum on these matters, providing little by way of precision in definition.

Brilliant too was "Brutus" in his prediction that, if instituted, the "new system of government" would see the Federal judiciary "swallow up the State courts." Back then, "Brutus" saw Article III, Section 2, of the Constitution as vesting the judicial branch with the kind of power that would bring about "the entire subversion of the legislative, executive, and judiciary power of the individual states."

As the saying goes, “a prophet is not without honor save in his own country.”

To observe Obama (and predecessor) in action is to realize that Massachusetts delegate Elbridge Gerry and New York Anti-Federalist "Cato" were prophets who deserve a lot more honor in their own country. Both forewarned of an imperial presidency in the making. "'The president,' wrote "Cato," has so much power that his office 'differs very immaterially from the establishment of monarchy in Great Britain.'"

Indeed, President Barack Obama habitually "uses executive orders to circumvent federal legislation." He exempts his "friends or political cronies" from oppressive laws his subjects must obey. And he orders the suspension of "duly enacted [immigration] law"—even "barring enforcement"—because he does not like the law.

A propagandized population has a hard time choosing worthy heroes.

It is high time Americans celebrate the Anti-Federalists, for they were correct in predicting the fate of freedom after Philadelphia.

To deny that the Anti-Federalists were right is to deny reality.

Having prophesied that Philadelphia was the beginning of the end of the freedoms won in the American Revolution, our Anti-Federalist philosophical fathers fought to forestall the inevitable.

They failed.

we need a Lysander Spooner forum...

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    One more bump, just to make sure Heavenlyboy sees it.
    RIP Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    we need a Lysander Spooner forum...
    Or perhaps an HVACTech forum.

"Vices are Not Crimes" Lysander Spooner 1875

ebook http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/2499

Last edited by presence; 02-19-2016 at 10:15 PM.

If the jury have no right to judge of the justice of a law of the government, they plainly can do nothing to protect the people against the oppressions of the government; for there are no oppressions which the government may not authorize by law.

Lysander Spooner

Ron Paul: Democratic Republican and Anti-Federalist

umm. that looks kindof stupid dood.

the 1789 CONstitution is what created the federation. that both Ron and Rand Paul support.
    but a very good job in the obfuscation process nonetheless sir!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast