Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 101

Thread: Mitt Romney... our current biggest 2012 obstacle?

  1. #1

    Default Mitt Romney... our current biggest 2012 obstacle?

    Mitt Romney is filthy rich so he can self fund his campaign, has a large and experienced campaign staff, gets tons of media attention, and generally looks like he is going to be going into 2012 with a huge head start for the presidential nomination. However, he has tons of weaknesses that can be exploited. He passed Romney Care in Massachusetts, which is very similar to Obama care. He passed an assault weapons ban in Massachusetts. He has an overall liberal record and positions(until campaigning for president, of course...), but the previously mentioned issues I think would be great to rub in his face as much as possible.

    Does everyone here remember how Giuliani had Ron Paul people protesting his events? There were Ron Paul signs and supporters everywhere he went for a while. I even remember a hilarious photo-shopped picture of him surrounded by the signs. I think Romney should get that same treatment. Everywhere he goes we should be there reminding everyone that:
    "Mitt care=Obama care, say no to socialism"
    "Mitt Romney thinks the 2nd amendment is about hunting"
    "Go back to Massachusetts, and keep your socialism there where it belongs"
    "The next Arlen Specter?"
    Etc.

    Thoughts?
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    -Samuel Adams



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Mittens attack website anyone?

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkubic46 View Post
    Mittens attack website anyone?
    Yeah, that and maybe youtube attack ads, complete with ominous music and scary voice. People eat that shit up.
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    -Samuel Adams

  5. #4

    Default

    Yeah Mittens is probably the main obstacle for the presidency, which means we must have a really good shot.

    Pointing out inconsistencies with Romney's record and highlighting Ron Paul's support for homeschooling ought to win over many primary voters.

  6. #5

    Default

    I've always wanted to get back at Romney ever since this:

    YouTube - Romney Booed after mocking Ron Paul


    Furthermore, I can't believe people would actually support Romney after this:

    YouTube - Ron Paul tells Mitt Romney to read the Constitution!

  7. #6

    Default

    Romney isn't going very far.

    The media has already started hammering him about how the health care plan he established for Massachusetts has much in common with what Obama pushed through Congress.

    My guess is, Rick Perry will be the "chosen one".

    He's talking a bunch of populist sounding rhetoric which is entwined with neocon warmongering.

  8. #7
    Member Sentient Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Romney isn't going very far.

    The media has already started hammering him about how the health care plan he established for Massachusetts has much in common with what Obama pushed through Congress.

    My guess is, Rick Perry will be the "chosen one".

    He's talking a bunch of populist sounding rhetoric which is entwined with neocon warmongering.
    Yeah, they have definitely called him out on RomneyCare out in the MSM... but I feel they have been letting him get away with his half-assed explanations for it way too easily. But of course you can't expect anything less from the MSM on letting people spin their way out of a situation.

    Although I'm not a big O'Reilly fan - he did do a pretty good job on slamming him about RomneyCare in MA, and didn't really let him spin his way out of it as easily.

    I suggest we rename Mitt Romney to Mitt 'The Mandate' Romney

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient Void View Post
    Yeah, they have definitely called him out on RomneyCare out in the MSM... but I feel they have been letting him get away with his half-assed explanations for it way too easily. But of course you can't expect anything less from the MSM on letting people spin their way out of a situation.

    Although I'm not a big O'Reilly fan - he did do a pretty good job on slamming him about RomneyCare in MA, and didn't really let him spin his way out of it as easily.

    I suggest we rename Mitt Romney to Mitt 'The Mandate' Romney
    YouTube - See Mitt Romney Promote an Individual Mandate

    Anyone else remember the scene @ 44 seconds?

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient Void View Post
    .
    Although I'm not a big O'Reilly fan - he did do a pretty good job on slamming him about RomneyCare in MA, and didn't really let him spin his way out of it as easily.
    For the most part, FOX network is the propaganda arm of the GOP.

    If O'Reilly is grilling Romney, it means that Romney doesn't have favor with the republican party machine.

  11. #10
    Member Sentient Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RileyE104 View Post
    YouTube - See Mitt Romney Promote an Individual Mandate

    Anyone else remember the scene @ 44 seconds?
    Haha, I'm totally sending this viral.

  12. #11
    Member Sentient Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    So, I decided to do a quick search to find Romney's main grassroots central forums... this is I think the best I could find...

    http://mittromneycentral.com/forum/

    [Admin note: Text cut- please do not initiate anything that could start a forum war. Thanks.]


    They have like NO topics or replies... especially compared to us.

  13. #12

    Default

    "Most users ever online was 5."

    Ha!

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tend yer biscuits. View Post
    "most users ever online was 5."

    ha!
    lmao!

  15. #14

    Smile FIVE netsavvy romney-ites? simultaneously! oh wow!

    its an ACTUAL gentleman mitt forum and is NOT a spoof one? okaaaay...

  16. #15

    Default


    [Admin note: Text cut- please do not initiate anything that could start a forum war. Thanks.]



    Downside: blowback. Could any other group pull off the same here?

  17. #16
    Member Sentient Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    I dunno if such forums even have enough traffic for it to be of any real impact... the ROI would be minimal.

    lol

  18. #17

    Default

    How about here?

    http://mittromneycentral.com/community/links/

    First five comments in blog and news entries might do some damage.

  19. #18

    Default I'm the owner of MittRomneyCentral.com

    It's funny to me that you guys scoff at the forums I installed just last week and not even officially announced yet.

    You see that there are only 10 members, that's because I've only sent an email to 8 people to join the forum to help me test settings and permissions and such until we announce on our facebook page and blog that it is open. ( http://facebook.com/mittromneycentral )

    Our whole site is relatively new since it was established just 7 months ago, yet we are already at a 5 google ranking. Daily Paul is a 5 also, these forums are a 4.

    We are new and we are growing. Thanks for you interest in "bombing our site".

    BTW - It doesn't reflect well on Dr. Paul (whom I have a lot of respect for) when his supporters go about seeking to destroy other sites.

    ~Nate G.

  20. #19
    Member Sentient Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Wow, I'm surprised how quickly of a response we got after merely a few hours of talking about it!

    As we can all tell - our forums are being watched by pretty much everyone - we must be even more popular than we thought.

    Nate - I'm glad you guys found a place to concentrate your efforts and ideas, discussion, etc. Just so you know by 'infiltrate' I never meant anything of an attack.

    What I do mean, however, is that if you guys truly value free markets, liberty and the constitution - then you should all be easily converted to the ideas of true liberty, and that of Ron Paul... as opposed to Mitt 'The Mandate' Romney.

    Either way, good luck.

  21. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,880

    Default

    Biggest obstacle? I'm not so sure. I have a feeling he might actually become the Giuliani of 2012. His health care plan is too similar to Obama's to gain any real credit amongst the conservative wing of the Republican Party. Early polls may show him as the front runner but no one, with the exception of Palin & Paul, has been campaigning for the white house yet.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient Void View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised how quickly of a response we got after merely a few hours of talking about it!

    As we can all tell - our forums are being watched by pretty much everyone - we must be even more popular than we thought.

    Nate - I'm glad you guys found a place to concentrate your efforts and ideas, discussion, etc. Just so you know by 'infiltrate' I never meant anything of an attack.

    What I do mean, however, is that if you guys truly value free markets, liberty and the constitution - then you should all be easily converted to the ideas of true liberty, and that of Ron Paul... as opposed to Mitt 'The Mandate' Romney.

    Either way, good luck.
    I wasn't actually monitoring your forum, but monitoring our live feed via feedjit: http://live.feedjit.com/live/mittromneycentral.com/0/

    When I saw the links coming in I took a look to see what was up.

  23. #22

    Default

    Mitt Romney is everything that is wrong with America.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

    "Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

  24. #23

    Default

    Here's the way I break it down. With the caveat that a lot can change between now and the next couple years.

    Palin/Huckabee - Very popular with Republican base (IE those that vote in Republican primaries). But very limited support outside the base. Nominating Huckabee or Palin probably gifts Obama another four years.

    Paul/Romney - Less popular with Republican base but have a very good chance of defeating Obama.

    The big question is whether the Republican base will vote for their ideal candidate who has no chance of winning. Or whether they'll suck it up and vote for someone who has a chance of becoming President.

    Romney's religion will be a much bigger deal in the primaries than in the general.

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulitics View Post
    Mitt Romney is everything that is wrong with America.

    I'd beg to differ with you on that. BARACK OBAMA is everything that is wrong with America.

  26. #25
    Member Sentient Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    I don't see any reason to believe why Paul would even think of having Romney as his VP.

    Paul is a man of pure principle, Romney is man of little to no principle. A true flip-flopper with an obvious desire for power and special interests (through his loveable mandates).

  27. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,880

    Default

    “I think that’s unfortunate because when you actually look at the bill itself, it incorporates all sorts of Republican ideas. I mean, a lot of commentators have said, you know, this is this is similar to the bill that Mitt Rommey, the Republican governor and now presidential candidate, passed in Massachusetts.”-- Obama

    Paul/Romney - Less popular with Republican base but have a very good chance of defeating Obama.

    I see Obama portraying Mitt Romney as a complete opportunist hypocrite.

    I'd beg to differ with you on that. BARACK OBAMA is everything that is wrong with America.
    Actually, Obama hasn't done anything really different than the Republican Party of the last few decades. The GOP in my state passed a type of socialized health care locally and the GOP is famous for resorting to Obama's tactics when it came to Congress voting on bills, ie the Patriot Act. And by "Obama's tactics" I mean giving Congress only a few hours to read a bill that is 1,000 pages long. But when Bill Clinton or Obama do these things, all hell breaks loose. You see my point?

    Thats why our Tea Party movement has to completely reform the GOP and in part the Democratic Party too in order to get America back on track.
    Last edited by Flash; 04-17-2010 at 04:56 PM.

  28. #27
    Member Sentient Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate G. View Post
    I'd beg to differ with you on that. BARACK OBAMA is everything that is wrong with America.
    Mitt Romney & Obama are both what's wrong with america.

    They are both corporatist shills. In bed with the military-industrial complex and the pharmaceutical/medical-industrial complex.

    How would ANYONE who supports free market values support FORCING a consumer to buy from health insurance cartels/monopolies? It's utterly ridiculous and filled with hypocrisy.

    Anyone who has any sense of principle and believe in the free market should shun Romney and support Paul, hands down.

  29. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate G. View Post
    It's funny to me that you guys scoff at the forums I installed just last week and not even officially announced yet.

    You see that there are only 10 members, that's because I've only sent an email to 8 people to join the forum to help me test settings and permissions and such until we announce on our facebook page and blog that it is open. ( http://facebook.com/mittromneycentral )

    Our whole site is relatively new since it was established just 7 months ago, yet we are already at a 5 google ranking. Daily Paul is a 5 also, these forums are a 4.

    We are new and we are growing. Thanks for you interest in "bombing our site".

    BTW - It doesn't reflect well on Dr. Paul (whom I have a lot of respect for) when his supporters go about seeking to destroy other sites.

    ~Nate G.
    By the way, it doesn't reflect well on Mitt Romney (or his Christian principles) when he accuses Dr. Paul of taking orders from Ahmedenijad in a nationally televised debate only because Dr. Paul doesn't want to provoke another needless unholy war with Iran.

    Welcome to the forums.
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate G. View Post
    I'd beg to differ with you on that. BARACK OBAMA is everything that is wrong with America.
    There is no excuse for Mitt Romney's actions. What he did was beyond liberal, it was downright socialist.. I put him in the same tired group of rinos as Lindsey Graham and John McCain.

    I would have more respect for him if he ran as a hawkish democrat, than pose as a conservative. He is pro big government, period. It's guys like Romney, that make it impossible for us to fight Obama on the really big issues without appearing like hypocrites.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

    "Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sratiug View Post
    By the way, it doesn't reflect well on Mitt Romney (or his Christian principles) when he accuses Dr. Paul of taking orders from Ahmedenijad in a nationally televised debate only because Dr. Paul doesn't want to provoke another needless unholy war with Iran.
    Mitt Romney can speak for himself, and it wasn't me who said it. Whether you or I disapprove of him or not is our own choice. I'm inclined to think you wouldn't like him anyway.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •