Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mitt Romney... our current biggest 2012 obstacle?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chisholm View Post
    Does anyone have any problems with what Mitt says at YouTube - Mitt Romney at Emory's Goizueta Business School
    I dunno..Let me check with my lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate G. View Post
    For those of you asking if Romney's name was on the bill, I'd like to remind you that of two things.

1- Massachessetts allows for a line item veto. No, he did not sign the portions of the bill that mandated people must buy insurance or be fined by the state. The part he did sign was to divert funds that were already coming into the state for Medicaid and to pay hospitals for their losses, divert those funds to help poorer families obtain their own insurance and take some responsibility for the expenses of their health-care.

2-The MA legislature is vastly Dems, almost 80%. They overrode his veto on all 7 of the items in the bill that he vetoed.

When you say that the governor is solely responsible for a bill, when his legislature overrode his vetoes, then you are being intellectually dishonest. You WANT to pin the whole thing on him, irregardless of the facts. Since Romney may run as a contender in 2012 he is the enemy and you NEED him to be wrong on everything.

I have shown you the facts here. Most of which I'm sure most of you did not know. But you have it so ingrained in you heart that Romney is to blame for everything in MA Care that you simply will no longer listen to reason. That's when our conversation comes to an end.
    YouTube - ObamaCare is RomneyCare 2.0

Oh Romney, the smart business man that couldn't see the recession coming when he was already in the midst of it.

Our current biggest 2012 obstacle... the American People.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chisholm View Post
    Does anyone have any problems with what Mitt says at YouTube - ‪Mitt Romney at Emory's Goizueta Business School‬‎
    He supports insurance mandates, National ID card, the drug war, war in iraq, and Afghanistan, supported abortion law despite "opposing" it, supports "One Strike, You’re Ours: lifetime GPS tracking." with regards to crime. believes in no child left behind, supports assault weapon ban, wants to raise military spending,

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really, really, really don't like Romney. I can at least bear others like Huckabee and Gingrich, but Romney always has this smirk on his face that wreaks of an inflated ego.

It doesn't matter, though. As I've said before, the more heavyweights we have running in the 2012 Republican pool, the better for Ron Paul. Let Gingrich and Romney beat each other up and split their votes. Paul will thrive as the darkhorse.

Quote Originally Posted by freshjiva View Post
    I really, really, really don't like Romney. I can at least bear others like Huckabee and Gingrich, but Romney always has this smirk on his face that wreaks of an inflated ego.

It doesn't matter, though. As I've said before, the more heavyweights we have running in the 2012 Republican pool, the better for Ron Paul. Let Gingrich and Romney beat each other up and split their votes. Paul will thrive as the darkhorse.
    You know I think you have a point. Especially given ron paul's exposure during his last run and the incredible base he has to help dominate the early primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by freshjiva View Post

I think Huckabee is just as bad.....atleast Romney doesn't want a federal ban on smoking, that includes businesses on private property.

But yes, here's hoping Romney, Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin, Pawlenty, Petraeus, Pence, Jindal, Christie, and Brewer all run.

Split that neo-con vote!!
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

I personally don't mind Christie but I don't think he'll run. As for all the others, I hope they all split the votes allowing Paul the opportunity to win!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Oh Romney, the smart business man that couldn't see the recession coming when he was already in the midst of it.

mitten 4 kittens!
    I wish I could afford a cool Ron Paul T-shirt or bumper sticker. :-(

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234