Thread: The Ron Paul Wiki

Question The Ron Paul Wiki

I was curious about the Ron Paul Wiki. At the moment it just seems like it is quick, not-so-organized way to get some information up. Who's in charge of it? Is there any discussion anywhere attempting to work on making it a more useful wiki (not that it's bad now, but certainly could be improved)?

I think one of the things that could be very important is an introduction for people who don't know him. Perhaps like the "Issues" pages found on most candidates sites, but from a slightly different perspective, to differentiate it from Ron Paul's official site. Have a page that we can send to people who know nothing about him, and attempt to introduce them to his ideas gently, since I know they're quite a shock to many people, and it makes them kind of distrustful in some cases.

In addition (and this is actually my bigger point), it seems as though various events during the campaign already have and will in the future have a significant impact on his chance for success. A lot of media criticisms, mischaracterizations, and things that get under-reported. It might be nice to provide an introduction to Ron Paul's campaign events. Such an introduction may be as important in his specific campaign more than for any other candidate. People will hear about him not because of a general and frequent mention in the media, but because of some specific event or another (like his mini-debate with Rudy). And some of these events will certainly need clarification. Providing a place for people to be introduced to him, within the context of how they found out about him, might be just as important as a general introduction of his views on the issues.

Or maybe not. But I'd like to know if any of this sounds important to others as well, and if they think a wiki would be a good medium to use for this.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    I totally agree with this objective. As for wiki vs not, over here we have just added a new "Issues for America" forum that I hope will develop into a repository of good information, maybe wiki would be better however.

I worked on a format that I thought could work for each issue, you can see it in my "National ID card" post:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=123

I'm open to ideas but it seems like a real good way to get an intro to the issue and be about to do a deep dive on it around the web too. The wiki vs. forum issue doesn't matter so much in that so long as the information gets out. We're getting decent traffic here so that is a plus, maybe Josh (Admin here) and the Press Hub people could work something out to optimize for success. Perhaps we could get an understand of the plan for the wiki pages on the Press Hub site and go from there- what scope of content does he want? How open is he for our contributions?

Lets keep things going...
    Last edited by Bryan; 05-16-2007 at 10:14 PM.

I host the wiki on my site. It was designed to be more for people who already knew about Paul since he already has a great homepage and wikipedia article, and to be more of a facilitator of sorts.

It can and should be updated. I like your idea. Let's just not duplicate the existing information on Wikipedia if possible.

Okay, I'll have to check out what's already on Wikipedia. But obviously they have a neutral point of view policy, which can be good for us in some ways (people like to read a fair even treatment), but rather limiting in others.

I'll sleep on my thoughts, and see if I have any form of organization possible.

Oh, and I appreciate hosting the site. You and everyone else who's providing resources like that deserve much thanks.