Thread: The straight dope on Census fines.

The straight dope on Census fines.

Most people will find this article teal deer.

http://solari.com/blog/?p=6779

The gist:

The fine for not filling out the census is $100 max.

The fine for not filling out the ACS could be up to $5000 determined by the sentencing guideline for a federal misdemeanor.

$5000 being the max amount.
    There are only two things we should fight for.
    One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. - Smedley Darlington Butler

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I feel bad. I didn't recycle mine. I just put it in the trash.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again--you're a terrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Most people will find this article teal deer.

http://solari.com/blog/?p=6779

The gist:

The fine for not filling out the census is $100 max.

The fine for not filling out the ACS could be up to $5000 determined by the sentencing guideline for a federal misdemeanor.

$5000 being the max amount.
    and if you don't pay the fine?
    how do they find you if you don't fill out the census? do they already know you exist? if so, are you keeping them from info they don't already know?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I still have mine. I put it in a que with all the other things I'll never get around to doing.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I never got a census form, however, someone named "Resident" did. I shall keep it on file just in case Resident ever stops by to get his mail.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again--you're a terrible person.
    Um how? He has a right to his privacy.

I threw mine out. Why? not sure but it seems unconstitutional to ask so many questions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    I never got a census form, however, someone named "Resident" did. I shall keep it on file just in case Resident ever stops by to get his mail.
    Hey I keep getting mail for that guy too.. Can you tell him to stop?

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/wh...titutional.php

says: The U.S. Constitution empowers the Congress to carry out the census in "such manner as they shall by Law direct" (Article I, Section 2).

Why can't I see that in the constitution? Am I totally blind or don't understand english??

That Cathryn Fitts article re the Real Deal on the fines http://solari.com/blog/?p=6779 is quite creepy. So the max really isn't $100 as I was just reading in an older DailyPaul thread. And for a business it's $10,000.

The worst news I learned in that article is that the "private defense contractors" are the ones databasing all the GPS info. Would that be like Halliburton, Blackwater (whatever their new name is), KB, etc.? Nice. 
    Politics 'N Proverbs
    "When the RIGHTEOUS are in authority, the people REJOICE, but when the WICKED beareth rule, the people MOURN." -Proverbs 29:2

Quote Originally Posted by politicsNproverbs View Post
    That Cathryn Fitts article re the Real Deal on the fines http://solari.com/blog/?p=6779 is quite creepy. So the max really isn't $100 as I was just reading in an older DailyPaul thread. And for a business it's $10,000.

The worst news I learned in that article is that the "private defense contractors" are the ones databasing all the GPS info. Would that be like Halliburton, Blackwater (whatever their new name is), KB, etc.? Nice. 
    No, most likely L-1 or L-3.

You think Blackwater (now named Xe) or KBR is creepy, google either one of those.

Could possibly be Lockheed Martin also.

That's who you pay your slave subsidy to in order to get a TWIC card. They'll more than likely be the ones behind the new employement ID as well. They run the biometric databases.

Just another day in the land of the free...
    One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. - Smedley Darlington Butler

WTF? When did they start instituting a fine for not filling out the Census? I sure as $#@! don't remember being told that there was a fine levied back when I worked during Census 2000. As for Blackwater/Xe getting info, that COULD get someone in hot water since Blackwater/Xe DOES 'policing' duty, which means it violates the US Code. Someone needs to contact lawyers that can research that and bring a lawsuit if possible.
    "Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Μολὼν λάβε

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    You guys are awesome
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

I used mine as packaging material in a baklava order.

^^^Thread winner.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ///

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrik View Post
    I used mine as packaging material in a baklava order.
    Yeah, I agree, thread winner for sure .

Probably one of the best uses a census form has ever been put to.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.