Thread: Bus report - hot off the press

Bus report - hot off the press

Rand's bus just pulled out from his second stop in Lewis County, where he and his wife Kelly and his three boys received a warm reception from 30 or 40 regular folks at both stops. It was the middle of a work day, but I noticed that we had a school teacher, a bus driver, a bulk truck driver, a bank president, a factory manager, three preachers, many retirees, stay-at-home moms, a purple heart veteran from Afghanistan, and several farmers turn out to listen to his message of constitutionally based government. I was glad to see that our republican county chair even showed up and promised he would back Rand if he won the primary. (that's about as good as it gets with a party chair, I have discovered.) Rand didn't just speak... he must have answered several dozen questions one-on-one and went deep into a macro-economic discussion with the bank president and a retiree who used to sell securities.

Rand's grass root support is strong here - several picked up a yard sign and a bumper sticker before they left wearing their "Rand Fan" stickers. I heard an 80 year old lady say "I've never put a yard sign in my yard before, but I'm going to this time." Clearly, some people are just flat-out ignoring Grayson's TV (and mail) smear campaign... since they know the smear campaign is financed by AIG lobbyists and those primarily interested in maintaining the status quo. Rand will need more money to run the new anti-big-gov't ad... it's a good counter to the smear.

Well, that's the update. I'm charged up by the visit if you can't tell ! That bus was gi-normous !

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks Thomas!

A tip of my hat to you too as I know you've been an active worker there.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by thomas-in-ky View Post
    Rand's bus just pulled out from his second stop in Lewis County, where he and his wife Kelly and his three boys received a warm reception from 30 or 40 regular folks at both stops. It was the middle of a work day, but I noticed that we had a school teacher, a bus driver, a bulk truck driver, a bank president, a factory manager, three preachers, many retirees, stay-at-home moms, a purple heart veteran from Afghanistan, and several farmers turn out to listen to his message of constitutionally based government. I was glad to see that our republican county chair even showed up and promised he would back Rand if he won the primary. (that's about as good as it gets with a party chair, I have discovered.) Rand didn't just speak... he must have answered several dozen questions one-on-one and went deep into a macro-economic discussion with the bank president and a retiree who used to sell securities.

Rand's grass root support is strong here - several picked up a yard sign and a bumper sticker before they left wearing their "Rand Fan" stickers. I heard an 80 year old lady say "I've never put a yard sign in my yard before, but I'm going to this time." Clearly, some people are just flat-out ignoring Grayson's TV (and mail) smear campaign... since they know the smear campaign is financed by AIG lobbyists and those primarily interested in maintaining the status quo. Rand will need more money to run the new anti-big-gov't ad... it's a good counter to the smear.

Well, that's the update. I'm charged up by the visit if you can't tell ! That bus was gi-normous !
    Thanks for your work in helping Rand's campaign out. I wish some of this Libertarian spirit would penetrate California.
    "The argument that the two parties represent opposed ideals and policies, one of the Right and the other of the left, is a foolish idea. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can 'throw the rascals out' at any election without leading to any profound shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will still pursue the same policies."

These updates are always great
    Keep them coming thomas

Thomas - thanks for the report. Glad you were able to make it out.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Folks... There may be the day when the one of us does for our good friend Thomas
    something sorta like what he did for RAND way back in 2010!!! My how time flies!!!