Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [VIDEO] ~ "WikiLeaks releases secret video of journalists, civilians killed by U.S."

Exclamation [VIDEO] ~ "WikiLeaks releases secret video of journalists, civilians killed by U.S."

UPDATE: Two U.S. Soldiers From Wikileaks ‘Collateral Murder’ Video Apologize In Open Letter

~~

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=is9sxRfU-ik

April 03, 2010 — Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred. Wikileaks released this video with transcripts and a package of supporting documents on April 5th 2010 on

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

An example of the typical American mindset. My convo a few minutes ago:

12:08 PM me: http://collateralmurder.com/ Hope you got a strong stomach.
    Just released today by WikiLeaks. Doubt it will hit mainstream news as it doesn't further the message of more war and killing.
    6 minutes

12:15 PM [Someone I know]: Kill or be killed.

12:16 PM me: Those were journalists, along with their security detail.

12:17 PM [Someone I know]: Looked like that guy had and RPG to me.

me: I don't know all the details. We probably never will.

[Someone I know]: That is hard man. I wouldn't want to be in that postion to have to make the call to engage. When you really don't know.
    I am kind of hardend to all that. I really don't care at this point.

12:20 PM [Someone I know]: War is never good. How do you train soilders to Kill kill kill then have them take it back some and worry about only killing the bad guys when they are techniclly in the middle of a war.
    Ugh. I was to disgusted to continue the chat with [someone I know]. But it goes to show you what I'm assuming will be a typical response should you choose to share the video.

People don't want to face reality. "I'm hardened to all that." really means I don't want to know about it. And "How do you train soldiers to ... worry about only killing the bad guys."? WTF? That is their PRIMARY job! Just $#@!ing amazing.

I just don't know what to say really. The lack of education and basic morality of most people seems to be based on whatever Jon Stewart says.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 04-05-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    What now?

It's like human life has no value at all, especially when you can sit in some control room a million miles away and just press a button.
    "This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    An example of the typical American mindset. My convo a few minutes ago:

Ugh. I was to disgusted to continue the chat with [someone I know]. But it goes to show you what I'm assuming will be a typical response should you choose to share the video.

People don't want to face reality. "I'm hardened to all that." really means I don't want to know about it. And "How do you train soldiers to ... worry about only killing the bad guys."? WTF? That is their PRIMARY job! Just $#@!ing amazing.

I just don't know what to say really. The lack of education and basic morality of most people seems to be based on whatever Jon Stewart says.
    I bet his attitude would be changed right-quick if they pulled him in on Selective Service.

These men are wearing our uniforms.....they are representing us. This must end now.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

$#@! I think I'm going to be sick to my stomach.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post
    I bet his attitude would be changed right-quick if they pulled him in on Selective Service.
    I'm just disgusted. I emailed a few people as well, and I now hope they don't respond just so I don't have to be disgusted with them as well. People's worldview is extremely $#@!ed and I'm just dumbfounded...

I guess I should expect it, but still.

I mean, people seem to forget that we aren't supposed to be there in the first place. "War is hell" doesn't $#@!ing cut it. Saddam is dead, no WMD, no real terrorists outside of warring factions battling for political power, endless footage of aerial bombardment, and it's worse in Afghanistan. War my be hell, but in every war we're fighting now, it's also illegal, immoral, unnecessary, and unconstitutional. The fact that its condoned with a "not my problem" attitude makes me want to vomit.

I'm sick to my stomach and I can't concentrate at work.
    What now?

Huffington Post has jumped on the story. But go to their main page, their headline in huge bold with big pictures? Tiger. $#@!ing. Woods.

I really hate what this country has become and the people that live in it with growing severity every day.

What the $#@!? I posted this on two forums I regularly post on.

All the replies so far account to

"Who cares? This is what happens in war."
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

This is an example of why we have the most effective military in the world. They are trained to do two things and do them extremely well...follow orders and kill. This is also an example of why we fail so miserably at policing the world. That is not what a military is trained to do.

Sorry to bring out 9/11 but that is what boggles my mind...Our military is so streamlined and efficient on killing. How could 19 turban heads in a cave take down our multi-trillion dollar empire on 4 separate occasions in the same day? They took down the central nervous system of our military might? The Pentagon? A no-fly-zone area? lol Retired Russian Generals laugh at us. They say they would've performed a Red Dawn scenario on us a hell of a long time ago during the cold war if they thought it was possible. No one believes the BS except the sheep within the US.

okay sorry to go off on a tangent. My mind stirs in all sorts of directions when I see videos like this. Sick $#@!.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 04-05-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post

Same.

I posted it here

http://www.politicalforum.com/curren...illed-u-s.html

and most of the replies are

"war zones are dangerous for journalists, if they don't like that, then they should pick a different job"

Quote Originally Posted by Reason View Post
    Same.

I posted it here

http://www.politicalforum.com/curren...illed-u-s.html

and most of the replies are

"war zones are dangerous for journalists, if they don't like that, then they should pick a different job"
    Wow, yours is a lot worse. People saying its "sickening they are using children as shields". Wtf, they were unarmed civilians trying to helped a bunch of wounded shot up journalists and their security detail.

Then justifying the censorship of the media. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post

See my post #2. I was also emotional when I posted/emailed and got similar responses. But as I said, this is no doubt going to be the typical American response. We, on this forum, are just coming from a more accurate worldview.

A self-respecting nation is ready for anything, including war, except for a renunciation of its option to make war. -Simone Weil
    Difficult as it is really to listen to someone in affliction, it is just as difficult for him to know that compassion is listening to him. -Simone Weil
    Human beings are so made that the ones who do the crushing feel nothing; it is the person crushed who feels what is happening. Unless one has placed oneself on the side of the oppressed, to feel with them, one cannot understand. -Simone Weil
    I suffer more from the humiliations inflicted by my country than from those inflicted on her. -Simone Weil
    Petroleum is a more likely cause of international conflict than wheat. -Simone Weil
    What now?

I'm almost speechless after watching that... I almost wish I hadn't...

It is unadulterated evil to countenance this stuff and then turn around and defend it. THERE IS NO DEFENSE OF THIS. NONE. And by "this" I mean, this war - the airmen seemed to be pretty confident that the people on the ground were armed. Now, I myself would never have been in that position to begin with, but from their perspective, aside from the shockingly cold comments, and their eagerness to "engage", they're in a war zone. That is, in fact, what happens in a war... and that's PRECISELY WHY WE SHOULD NOT BE THERE AT ALL.

The lying bastards in the Bush administration who brought us this sin should be tried for the murder of these people, and the lying bastards in the Obama administration who are keeping us there should be tried for all subsequent murders.

THIS MUST END.

And to hear these imperial enablers ridicule and scorn Ron Paul for his comments about blowback... and their defense of this atrocity... unspeakable. Just unspeakable...

Quote Originally Posted by CasualApathy View Post
    It's like human life has no value at all, especially when you can sit in some control room a million miles away and just press a button.
    This was an Apache chopper attack not a drone. they were right there.

The most disgusting to me is the taking out of the van that was removing WOUNDED persons (or terrorists, or soldiers) does not matter who they are that is an absolute violation of the Geneva Convention and all involved should be tried.

Longer video and report here.

Longer video, (39 minutes):

Last edited by Omphfullas Zamboni; 04-05-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    It doesn't end with this election cycle. Commit to long term change, and you won't see all the GOP state convention shenanigans as the end of the Ron Paul Revolution--but as the end of the neocon control of the GOP, (and the beginning of the Ron Paul Revolution). Hang in there for another year or so, and you'll start to see some absolutely amazing results for all of our efforts. ~Ninja Homer

At for 4:09 of the 17min YouTube video, where the guy in the heli says "He's got an RPG" why is it that cameraman sneaking around the corner in that manner? Then at 4:22 we hear "We had a guy shooting" Who is he referring to?

And what is the context of this area and group here. Was this initiated because all weapons are off limits or was it because of a guy who was shooting earlier? And why were the journalists walking among this group?

I'm totally against what happened here, but I want to make sure I know everything about this incident before I post this up.
    Last edited by Free Moral Agent; 04-05-2010 at 12:57 PM.
    The Establishment hates Ron Paul because his honesty and integrity expose the rest of them for the moral reprobates they are. Their own conscience cannot bear the sight of him. His very presence condemns them. Their personal greed and ambition cringe at the very thought of Ron Paul.
 - Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Free Moral Agent View Post
    At for 4:09 of the 17min YouTube video, where the guy in the heli says "He's got an RPG" why is it that the cameraman is sneaking around the corner in that manner? Then at 4:22 we hear "We had a guy shooting" Who is he referring to?

And what is the context of this area and group here? Why were all weapons off limits here and why were the journalists walking among this group?
    My understanding was that there were two journalists and that the rest of the crowd were people wanting to see what was the fuzz about. But appearantly groups aren't aloud to form spontaneously in iraq, they will be shot. Survivors will be shot again. And the dead will be run over by tanks.
    I am an engineer and according to my knowledge, WTC 1, 2 and 7 came down in a controlled demolition on 9/11/2001.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dWUzfJGmt5U

http://www.ae911truth.org

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    my understanding was that there were two journalists and that the rest of the crowd were people wanting to see what was the fuzz about. But appearantly groups aren't aloud to form spontaneously in iraq, they will be shot. Survivors will be shot again. And the dead will be run over by tanks.
    +666
    What now?

Is Reuters reporting on this story of their own murdered employees? No. This should be their stop story, but instead it is Tiger Woods. What a tribute to the family of those gunned down.

At for 4:09 of the 17min YouTube video, where the guy in the heli says "He's got an RPG" why is it that cameraman sneaking around the corner in that manner? Then at 4:22 we hear "We had a guy shooting" Who is he referring to?

And what is the context of this area and group here? Why were all weapons off limits here and why were the journalists walking among this group?

I'm totally against what happened here, but I want to make sure I know everything about this incident before I post this up.
    Was he sneaking or kneeling to get a good, stable camera shot?
    Last edited by Bruno; 04-05-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    This was an Apache chopper attack not a drone. they were right there.

The most disgusting to me is the taking out of the van that was removing WOUNDED persons (or terrorists, or soldiers) does not matter who they are that is an absolute violation of the Geneva Convention and all involved should be tried.
    this
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Is Reuters reporting on this story of their own murdered employees? No. This should be their stop story, but instead it is Tiger Woods. What a tribute to the family of those gunned down.
    I can't even find it mentioned anywhere on their front page.

I can't find any mention of this on any front pages of any mainstream sites.

What the $#@!!?

It's all god damn $#@!ing Tiger Woods. God I $#@!ing hate Tiger Woods.

Yeah it looked like he was kneeling to get a stable shot, but I could also see how the guys in the heli could misconstrue that action. At 4:19 he has a clear shot and someone says "Getting ready to fire" don't know if he's referring to the cameraman or the heli however...

The cameraman could of easily taken a photograph of the heli out in the open instead of sneaking around the corner. Of course that still doesn't justify what happened.
    Last edited by Free Moral Agent; 04-05-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    The Establishment hates Ron Paul because his honesty and integrity expose the rest of them for the moral reprobates they are. Their own conscience cannot bear the sight of him. His very presence condemns them. Their personal greed and ambition cringe at the very thought of Ron Paul.
 - Chuck Baldwin

Yeah it looked like he was kneeling to get a stable shot, but I could also see how the guys in the heli could misconstrue that action. At 4:19 he has a clear shot and someone says "Getting ready to fire" don't know if he's referring to the cameraman or the heli however...

The cameraman could of easily taken a photography of the heli out in the open instead of sneaking around the corner. Of course that still doesn't justify what happened. Now that the cloud of anger is washing over me, I'm just trying to see it from both perspectives.
    I think that the bigger picture is our presence there in the first place, and the lying, filthy excrement that invented this unholy disaster, turning young men and women into cold and calculating killers one side and bloody clumps of meat on the other.

What the $#@! is wrong with these guys? They're chomping at the bit they are so eager to shoot a bunch of unarmed men.

Here is more of the video:

This is disgusting.

eesshh,, just watched the 19 minute version where you can see the kids in the truck. The helicopter was begging to engage the people picking up the wounded. He later goes on to say that it is their fault for bringing children to the battle. They also commented on a wounded man crawling around, hoping that he would touch a weapon so they could finish him off.

"Come on let us shoot!"

Completely dishonorable. This is like shooting fish in a barrel. Sick. Merciless. Does absolutely nothing to keep me "safe". No remorse. It's like these guys are playing a video game.

Resources from Wikileaks

http://collateralmurder.com/en/resources.html

Reuters articles from July 2007 when this happened are there too.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast