Thread: Help: My sister may have fallen victim to a money making scam

Default Help: My sister may have fallen victim to a money making scam

As the topic says I'm afraid my sister got involved into something very phony and I can't figure it out. I didn't know where else to ask this but could please someone here try to research this "business" and tell me if it's legitimate or a scam.

Here's the info:
    The company is called Unaico Ltd which supposedly stands for United nordic alliance investment company, and what they do is they want to essentially copy facebook with their own version called SiteTalk and make it sort of a marketing platform with a lot more features.

http://www.webtwoforyou.eu/Webtwofor...2_for_You.html

if it asks you for a username and pw, enter this to see their presentation(32min):
    username: member
    pw: unaico2010

The only thing I could find googling it and potentially flaging it as a scam are these two hits:
    http://sitetalkunaico.wordpress.com/...aico-sitetalk/
    http://fugison.com/unaico-scam

But nothing else then that and think the reason for that is their use of words which should be the most common search words possible probably..

Any insight would be greatly appreciated and I know you guys are capable of dissecting this thing and finding out the truth. Thanks in advance!

I found a short text version:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unaico Ltd & sitetalk presentation (Enigro group) - Presentation Transcript

2. Unaico combines the 3 biggest industries in the world... Traditional Marketing ” The first company who combine all marketing channels” Direct Sale Social Community What do Unaico do?
    * - Integrated webshop
    * - E-learning
    * - Entertainment like music, movies, dating, games, travel...
    * Lojaltyprogramme for the members
    * What’s in it for me?
    * The first community that gives their users real rewards for bringing in more members.
    * Connecting cultures, values and global business.
    Why sitetalk.com?
    4. The Business model
    5. GOLD MEMBER €2.000 - Towah Prepaid MasterCard card - Get money while talking to your friends worldwide. - AdClicks - Shareholder MEMBER €149 - Towah Prepaid MasterCard card - Get money while talking to your friends worldwide. FREE Sitetalk membership - SiteTalk user - Prefered customer in Sitetalk Mall and partners of Sitetalk.com Membership BRONZE MEMBER €500 - Towah Prepaid MasterCard card - Get money while talking to your friends worldwide. - AdClicks - Shareholder
    6. AdClicks Member buy adclicks Company’s global advertisement pool SiteTalk get new members New members is split by old members that has adclicks Italy China USA India Sweden Global marketing Brand building Reach new markets Reach new members Reach new customers Gain all members that have adclicks Easier to talk about Open 24/7
    * The Stock Market is affected by:
    * New members joining Unaico.
    * Commissions being paid.
    * I-Investor Club profit
    * Turnover (profit) generated through Members purchases of all products and services available on our SiteTalk.com website.
    Internal Stock Market - 49% has been set aside for the leadership and individual investors. The goal is to take Sitetalk to a public Stock Exchange 2012! Since every members brings a value of 25€ min. The goal is 100.000.000 milion FREE members by end of 2012. How much will your shares be valued at that time? Internal Stock Market
    8. 10% Binary Bonus (based on turnover lesser leg) 10% Direct (Referal Bonus) Internal Stock Market Matchingbonus 2-5% (7 levels) Four ways of making money! Business Opportunity
    * Your way to success with Unaico.
    * Make a decission and register now
    * Find your WHY? Set big and small goals
    * Make a namelist min 100 names. Start with 15
    * Start contacting people
    * Talk about the opportunity that you took.
    * Attend ALL meetings ask for help we are a team and grow togheter all over the world and have fun.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sounds like a scam to me. The Enigro Group (the "parent company") doesn't seem to exist outside of social media websites and youtube.

The IPO described for 2012 is highly abnormal, and appears to be based entirely on getting people to sign up for the site.

This is probably a combination of scams. They are likely stealing investor money (these types of sites don't cost a lot to get running, and can be run off of ad revenue--no need for a huge room full of investors), creating botnets from the computers of those who sign up, and stealing personal data. That's how it seems to me, at least. I could be wrong. If the ads run on busses in Hong Kong like they say they will, it will add some credibility to their case.

you have to research before putting money down for anything. buyer beware trust me, I'm very much involved in internet marketing, affiliate marketing, ppc, mlms, hyips, I know the game and you need to research everything. or else you will lose your money. if it were easy to make a buck then everyone would be doing it.

Probably safer than social security.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It has the look and feel of a scam to me.

Do they ask for money up front? If so, how much?

Do they have an easy to confirm physical address?

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    It has the look and feel of a scam to me.

Do they ask for money up front? If so, how much?

Do they have an easy to confirm physical address?
    I don't know about anything aside from what I could learn from those presentation that I have posted.. My gut also tells it's a scam and I really appreciate the input so far!

do you contact them as an investment opportunity, or did they contact you?

im confused as to how you found out about these people?

From the info you posted, sounds a bit like multi-level marketing. (Amway is the most famous). Business models that are mostly based on recruiting new people are usually MLM. Almost like a pyramid scheme. The money comes from "owners" buying the product (sometimes mandatory). They aren't really making money by selling to outside customers, just to wannabe business associates.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly. View Post
    do you contact them as an investment opportunity, or did they contact you?

im confused as to how you found out about these people?
    They haven't contacted me at all. It's just that my sister talks about it and was trying to get me to sign up and also may have spent some money on membership. And now she's also attending meetings and stuff so I'm just worried about what the hell she got involved in..

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    They haven't contacted me at all. It's just that my sister talks about it and was trying to get me to sign up and also may have spent some money on membership. And now she's also attending meetings and stuff so I'm just worried about what the hell she got involved in..
    I think he was getting at this: if you are walking down the street and someone offers to take your picture then there is a good chance they will run off with your camera. But if you ask someone to take your picture, then they probably won't run off.

So if they approached your sister there's a greater chance it's a scam. If your sister approached them there is less of a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    * Make a namelist min 100 names. Start with 15
    * Start contacting people

I've heard this called "juicing". You write down everyone you have ever met, going back to your high school year book if you can, and start calling people. They don't have their own lists, so they use you, and "juice" or squeeze you for your contacts. Once you have gone through your contacts, you're basically done.

Tell her to run away before she loses more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post

Tell her to run away before she loses more money.
    It's too late for that!! The only way out for her now is if all RPF members sign up and feed this ponzi scheme. Then she will be able to get out safely.

Wait... what??

Default but

I know your concern, but some people need to learn the hard way. I kept telling a couple of my friends to avoid Team Of Destiny at all costs. They didn't realize it was a scam until after they spent thousands of dollars and didn't sell a single product.

Really they weren't technically scammed. They paid money to attend conventions, meetings, classes, and bought publications. They got the products they paid for. Just could not find customers to buy the products they were selling. They were everyday products that people use (toilet paper, tooth brushes, grocery items.) Basically everything Walmart has but mail order. But who in their right mind is going to buy 128 ounce bottle of Tide Laundry soap a few bucks higher than Walmart, and then pay $9.00 to ship it?

Anyway.. the best site to research scams is www.ripoffreport.com

Don't trust search engines to identify scams. More sophisticated scammers use Search Engine Optimization to pollute relevant results on their operation by "bringing up" useless bullsh*t to the front pages.

Last edited by dwdollar; 04-06-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwdollar View Post
    Don't trust search engines to identify scams. More sophisticated scammers use Search Engine Optimization to pollute relevant results on their operation by "bringing up" useless bullsh*t to the front pages.
    Yeah I kinda though so..

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice. As it looks like this is a money making scam, I even found very recent description fitting news articles in my own country from the police warning about it.

Unaico/Enigro/site talk ???

Do you have any idea who this people are and what they have been involved in from the past?

Jarle Thorsen was one of the founders of World Wide Alliance (WWA) and Plexpay Network, just to mention 2 of them.
    People lost millions on these 2 alone, and Frode Jorgensen who always is his partner, also in this spendt 2.5 years in prision because of plexpay, jarle thorsen is still under investigation by police, not only in Norway but other countries as well.

If you want to end up in huge problems, BE my guest, but...

This will increase a big disasters soon or later and all will lose theire money.

Quote Originally Posted by advisor View Post
    Unaico/Enigro/site talk ???

Do you have any idea who this people are and what they have been involved in from the past?

Jarle Thorsen was one of the founders of World Wide Alliance (WWA) and Plexpay Network, just to mention 2 of them.
    People lost millions on these 2 alone, and Frode Jorgensen who always is his partner, also in this spendt 2.5 years in prision because of plexpay, jarle thorsen is still under investigation by police, not only in Norway but other countries as well.

If you want to end up in huge problems, BE my guest, but...

This will increase a big disasters soon or later and all will lose theire money.
    Translation?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Facebook is now paying its users
    I’ve noticed that many SiteTalk supporters complain that Facebook is reluctant in paying its users while they make millions of dollars in revenue. To SiteTalk supporters, this is simply unfair. Hence, they would argue that SiteTalk is a better social network because profits are shared.
    However, according to Mashable, Facebook has just recently introduced a system where users are paid to view certain ads (at 10 cents/ad). And the credits earned can be used to purchase goods on Facebook Deals.

Facebook is now paying its users
    I’ve noticed that many SiteTalk supporters complain that Facebook is reluctant in paying its users while they make millions of dollars in revenue. To SiteTalk supporters, this is simply unfair. Hence, they would argue that SiteTalk is a better social network because profits are shared.
    However, according to Mashable, Facebook has just recently introduced a system where users are paid to view certain ads (at 10 cents/ad). And the credits earned can be used to purchase goods on Facebook Deals.

Make no mistake, Sitetalk - Unaico is a very modern and sophisticated and yet straight forward money scam, plain and simple.

Everything is explained in this highly detailed article(Slovenian language): http://www.finance.si/316132/Razkriv...zaslu%C5%BEkov

Btw to anyone who has any doubts or to anyone who would like to come here and spread their propaganda, for example ^ ateam's pathetic attempt, should just google news search for either "sitetalk" or "unaico" and answer the question why this excellent up and coming company doesn't have a single published article listed on google. I mean how can that be if they are legit, especially when in comparison Bitcoin which oh so many screamed "scam!" has so much info and articles written and published about. Hmmm, strange, isn't it?
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )