Thread: Ron Paul Praised by Congressional hopeful

Default Ron Paul Praised by Congressional hopeful

Pastor Stephen Broden (Texas, District 30) is trying to beat a 17-year Democratic incumbent. He PRAISES Ron Paul in this interview and says that if elected, he will do everything in his power to help Dr. Paul. I think he comes across like a very nice candidate.

Check it out: YouTube - REALITY REPORT - Stephen Broden Interview

He also has recently received the support of Debra Medina .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Some more backing of Dr. Paul and Rand.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...nd+Analysis%29
    Nice post! It is great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFreedom76 View Post
    Pastor Stephen Broden (Texas, District 30) is trying to beat a 17-year Democratic incumbent. He PRAISES Ron Paul in this interview and says that if elected, he will do everything in his power to help Dr. Paul. I think he comes across like a very nice candidate.

Check it out: YouTube - REALITY REPORT - Stephen Broden Interview

He also has recently received the support of Debra Medina .
    How can we help this guy win!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Some more backing of Dr. Paul and Rand.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...nd+Analysis%29
    Mish rocks.
    What now?

Ok, we need to get behind this guy. He would be a great ally in Texas for us, which we greatly need.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    Ok, we need to get behind this guy. He would be a great ally in Texas for us, which we greatly need.
    Plus he breaks us away from the stupid stereotypes.

I like what I see..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Love that this is gaining traction. I am really, really pulling for him. He has more info at www.brodenforcongress.com and www.broden2010.com

I don't agree with EVERYTHING he says, but a lot of it is spot on. Plus, seeing someone who is running for office only praise Dr. Paul... well that is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Mish rocks.
    Does he back Peter Schiff?

Edit: No. What a tool.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

CAUTION!! The following members openly support George Soros propaganda: CPUd, TheCount, ZippyJuan, undergroundrr, twomp

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Mish should have backed Peter Schiff in that post, oh well. Other times he has said that he's okay with Schiff as a candidate, which is why I thought he would be included.

BTW, Pastor Broden won't win... district is hardcore communist. It is 42% black though, which should help him. Actually, I'm not sure if it's really 42%, cause wiki's ethnic numbers add up to like 120%.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas's...ional_district

Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    Mish should have backed Peter Schiff in that post, oh well. Other times he has said that he's okay with Schiff as a candidate, which is why I thought he would be included.

BTW, Pastor Broden won't win... district is hardcore communist. It is 42% black though, which should help him. Actually, I'm not sure if it's really 42%, cause wiki's ethnic numbers add up to like 120%.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas's...ional_district
    IDK, if you look at the results of the past 3 elections, Libertarian/Republicans combined have been growing. Maybe the Health Care legislation passing will inspire more voters to get out there and vote for him?

Btw, Eddie Bernice Johnson... Is a woman! Surprised the hell out of me.. lol

Secondary to the message, the ability to communicate that message is vital. Apparently, Broden has that ability in spades. Although, we may not necessarily agree with Broden on some issues, he does have the ability and charisma to communicate to the electorate. Therefore, I'll be donating to his campaign tomorrow.
    Truth Drives Me

Whoah, but he's black! Aren't you guys a bunch of virulent racists? It's like you only care about his positions or something totally screwed up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tpreitzel View Post
    Secondary to the message, the ability to communicate that message is vital. Apparently, Broden has that ability in spades. Although, we may not necessarily agree with Broden on some issues, he does have the ability and charisma to communicate to the electorate. Therefore, I'll be donating to his campaign tomorrow.
    I really like this post. I don't agree with everything he says, but Eddie Johnson needs to go.

I pretty much grew up in that district
    I would like to see this guy win
    makes me wanna move back to the old neighborhood so I can vote for him

Default Ain't going to happen

Sorry to have my first post be a bummer, but I live in this district. As much as I dislike her, the reality on the ground is that Eddie Bernice Johnson will never lose in this district. As a Texas state senator, she chaired the redistricting committee that specially created the 30th Congressional District in accordance with the 1965 Voting Rights Act and its later amendments. It was created so that it would have a very large number of African-American voters in the district. After it was created, Eddie Bernice Johnson, promptly announced she would run for election in the district that she effectively created. She wins by huge margins every election.

Sorry to say that this lib will NEVER lose in this district.

Can anything be done to change that?

Default Bump..

Quote Originally Posted by getting ugly View Post
    It was created so that it would have a very large number of African-American voters in the district.
    Well, Stephen Broden IS black... So I don't see what that has to do with this.