Thread: More news on my race

More news on my race

I just learned, although it has yet to be announced (and therefore could still change) that my opponent, Lucy T Allen, will be dropping out to take an appointment with the Governor Perdue administration. This does not mean that I will be running unopposed. The chances are that the local Dem party will be 'appointing' someone to run in her place on the ballot. This does mean that the biggest obstacle, name recognition, is no longer a problem. My chances at winning this race just doubled, so there is more reason than ever to help make this happen!
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

thanks for the update.

Happy to hear some good news -- thanks for the update Gunny.
    tu ne cede malis

Thanks for sharing.

Thumbs up Awesome

Great news! Now get out there and knock on some doors!!!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    My chances at winning this race just doubled, so there is more reason than ever to help make this happen!
    Great news. We can make this happen. Just donated.

++
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great news!

Just donated $20 for the spontaneous Gunnybomb to put you up over $4000.

Quote Originally Posted by liberalnurse View Post
    Great news. We can make this happen. Just donated.
    Awesome! Thanks so much!

I've got two fundraising days coming up, I'm calling it the "First In Freedom Fundraising Event." The first day, April 12th, is targeted in-state and locally, and the second day, April 19th is targeted nationally.

I'll be doing an in-state fundraiser for April 12th, tied into the day that the Halifax Accords were ratified on April 12th 1775. This was the first actual declaration of sovereignty from the British Crown on the continent.

The national fundraiser on April 19th will commemorate the colonists victory over the British Regulars on April 19th 1775. I do not yet have an image for that, but I'll be attempting to employ a "minuteman network" sort of a Paul Revere's ride to get the word out as broadly as possible.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Great news!

Just donated $20 for the spontaneous Gunnybomb to put you up over $4000.
    Thanks Bruno! I have to update the thermometer by hand, of course, because I just don't have the $2500 to blow that the people who did Ron Paul's thermometer want. It's not just an 'enter the numbers' thing either, I have to go into Photoshop and make a new one every time. I'll be updating the thermometer tonight with the current totals.

You guys rock the house!

Yaye!!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLightShining View Post
    Woot!
    +1
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

It's telling that the State Dems figured this was one of their weaker races (ie, why she got the appointment) while the State Reps didn't seem to think so until now. All the sudden the State GOP figures I have more viability than they originally thought, so I'm meeting with the House Races chessplayer in chief tomorrow at 11:30 for a strategy session and a list of things I will need to accomplish to receive State GOP funding for my race

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It's telling that the State Dems figured this was one of their weaker races (ie, why she got the appointment) while the State Reps didn't seem to think so until now. All the sudden the State GOP figures I have more viability than they originally thought, so I'm meeting with the House Races chessplayer in chief tomorrow at 11:30 for a strategy session and a list of things I will need to accomplish to receive State GOP funding for my race
    Interesting development..
    tu ne cede malis

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will be getting the funding update in about 1hr and doing the thermometer from there.

yes!

way to go, Gunny! looking forward to more good news....

lynn
    proof of explosives in WTC on 9/11 .....
    peer-reviewed paper in scientific journal - unreacted flakes of Thermite found in WTC dust!
    http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/ar...002/7TOCPJ.pdf
    videos:
    Entire Steven E Jones presentation at PNAC event in UT, Austin, Texas
    video:
    PNAC Rebuilding America's Senses Steven Jones Lecture

architects and engineers for 9/11 truth
    http://www.ae911truth.org/

Thermometer is now updated. From the $3,999 I had, the $70 I have received today, and the $25 I received Monday and the $20 I received Friday, I am now at $4,114 on the race. Having purchased materials (with still slimjims, bumper stickers, and more yardsigns to purchase) I have $1678.86 on hand.

good luck and skill!

Thanks!

Had a meeting with the State House Republican Whip today and we hashed out quite a bit, including a direction forward. Fundraising will be absolutely critical to demonstrating viability, and I could potentially qualify for a significant funding boost from the House reps if I can do that.

I will be posting (probably this weekend I am sure) a strategy for a "Paul Revere's Ride" fundraiser on April 19th commemorating Lexington and Concord. If everyone here told 5 people each of whom told 5 more people, and everyone touched gave $25, then I would jump up to having a majority of my race funded in a single day.

Suddenly, even the establishment circles who formerly ignored me are courting me. This bit where my opponent dropped out is a HUGE deal no kidding! If I can convert the April 19th event into real funds, then I will be taken seriously from every quarter, and even offered official assistance.

All this, and the Republican Whip is 100% aware that I am a Ron Pauler -- I have been extremely outspoken about this point since 2007.

The State's biggest newspaper ran an article on Lucy being bumped to utilities commission:

Code:
    http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/allen_to_leave_house_for_commission
    Upon which I have already commented.

The Franklin County GOP website (my own county, mind you) which happens to have the highest traffic in the State for GOP websites, has posted the article front and center linking to my website. Strangely enough the traffic has picked up nearly 400% from where it usually is this time of year... MAN -- he finds the craziest pictures for people...

Posted a coupla pictures from the signbomb:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=fb4e2d3ca3

and love love L O V E this historical marker: