Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DHS & FBI Conduct Terror Raids at Multiple Michigan Locations

Quote Originally Posted by New2Libertarianism View Post
    Those people could actually be crazy and planned to kill people, so I wouldn't be freaking out just yet.
    Odd response.
    Since it is reported that"those People " have been working with local authorities in search and rescue and are involved in the community.
    The militia is defensive. They prepare for local defense.
    Yeah, dangerous bunch.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I was just assuming he was talking about the FBI when he state:
    Those people could actually be crazy and planned to kill people
    Of course, the DEA and ATF would fit into that category too.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

selling pipe bombs in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/28...ivity-midwest/

Seven people have been arrested for allegedly selling pipe bombs in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana, Fox News has learned.

Seven people have been arrested for allegedly selling pipe bombs in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana, Fox News has learned.

The arrests and raids in Michigan and Indianapolis are related to alleged militia activity in the region, but are not related to international terrorism. There is not a current threat to the public, according to a law enforcement source.

An official for the FBI's Michigan bureau said initial court appearances are expected in Michigan on Monday.

[QUOTE=catdd;2616497]
    Quote Originally Posted by MN Patriot View Post
    "Detroit has a large number of Muslims. Could be related to that."

Don't kid yourself. Those are militias they are targeting, and this is the offensive they've been talking about. Reports of similar raids are coming out of California.
    I'm not kidding myself. Just paying attention to what the facts are, and so far there are no reliable reports exactly what is happening. So far no shots have been fired, as far as we know.

I've sent several news tips to Drudge, and still no mention there. Help Drudge get the breaking story by sending him links with a short message: http://www.drudgereport.com/

Now we need to pay close attention to how the Obama administration and the media treat this event. They may be trying to whip up anti-Tea Party sentiment, or are monitoring this and other forums to see how many people are actually tuned in to the Liberty Movement as active participants.
    --------------------------------------------
    First step to ending the income tax: end payroll tax withholding.
    Require each American to write a check to their state and federal governments every month.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/28...ivity-midwest/

The arrests and raids in Michigan and Indianapolis are related to alleged militia activity in the region, but are not related to international terrorism. There is not a current threat to the public, according to a law enforcement source.

An official for the FBI's Michigan bureau said initial court appearances are expected in Michigan on Monday.
    I call bull$#@!.
    Who the hell "sells" pipe bombs? They can be made out of common materials by any 10 year old kid. and often are.
    Sounds more like a cover story or merely an excuse.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I call bull$#@!.
    Who the hell "sells" pipe bombs? They can be made out of common materials by any 10 year old kid. and often are.
    Pretty much what I thought the initial story would be after reading the ATF was on the scene.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36071083...ws-detroit_mi/
    Michigan State Police said the raids are not terror related, but would not comment further.

Police said one person driving up from Toledo, Ohio was arrested and then taken in for questioning.

Police also said they were looking for at least one person.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I call bull$#@!.
    Yeah, go to YouTube and search for pipe bomb. Dozens if not hundreds of videos of kids playing around with homemade pipe bombs blowing up TV, microwaves, junk cars, etc. Plus instructions how to do it, not hard at all.

This sounds like a set up. Some FBI infiltrator pestered somebody in a militia to make pipe bombs and sell them to him so he can blow up somebody. Why go through the bother of buying a homemade pipe bomb when you can just build one yourself.

But the ignorant, easily manipulated masses won't figure that out.
    Require each American to write a check to their state and federal governments every month.

I find it somewhat ironic that when I type "militia raid michigan" into Google, the first site that pops up is DailyKos, and the second is DailyPaul lol
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I find it somewhat ironic that when I type "militia raid michigan" into Google, the first site that pops up is DailyKos, and the second is DailyPaul lol
    Apparently there is a lot of interest in the story. across the political spectrum.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    www.mibbit.com
    #libertytreeradio
    What network is that? I'd like to use an IRC client.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    guess its a hot topic now
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    guess its a hot topic now
    FBI/DHS/BATF raids are a conspiracy theory, Don'tchaknow?

Good grief...the msm story sounds canned. Does seem like they are test driving a round up of the disgruntled. Have felt from the get go they are baiting with the healthcare stories. Boys and their toys- they haven't been making all those pretty toys available to the local law thugs for no reason.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Stumbled upon this link from another forum. Target is a different group.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...d-message.html

Hmmm...

Well, not like this was a surprise.

It was made pretty clear what the new sheriff in town was up to when the MIAC report was broken.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

If the story is a case of pipe bombs it will be nothing new. Government has repeatedly played the role of agent provocateur regarding pipe bombs. As a matter of fact whenever someone mentions the phrase pipe bomb the first word that comes to mind is entrapment.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/at...s-1330808.html

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...pculture=en-US

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=4737,1609358

http://www.newcomm.org/content/view/1805/93/

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/14/nyregion/14bomb.html

http://www.afn.org/~afn54735/usnews1.html

So these guys are the alleged target? http://hutaree.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dwdollar View Post
    What network is that? I'd like to use an IRC client.
    Never mind I found it.

Server:
    irc.ircstorm.net

Channel:
    #libertytreeradio

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So let me get this strait, THEY. the fed gov want the people to do something stupid so they can declare martial law?

If that 's so then why are they tip toeing around in the dead of the night quietly picking people off one by one?
    Last edited by fedup100; 03-28-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by fedup100 View Post
    So let me get this strait, THEY. the fed gov want the people to do something stupid so they can declare Marshall law?

If that 's so then why are they tip toeing around in the dead of the night quietly picking people off one by one?
    Man, I hate to pick nits, but this is a real pet peeve of mine...

Martial law, not Marshall law.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I could tell a lib/left site had picked up this story because the videos are getting comments now that reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by oilboiler View Post
    Stumbled upon this link from another forum. Target is a different group.

I would use extreme caution with both Mike and Sipsey St. He is pointing blame at folks involved in community service and defensive training.. But at the same time calling and inciting violence himself.

Beware of provocateurs.
    And watch your 6.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

0852CDT. Here's my take on these raids so far, and I hope to Hell the Three Letters get this message before they do something stupid.

As near as I can determine, no shots have been fired, no one has been killed and no houses or churches have burned down. I know that muster alerts have gone out to units all over the country, and people are getting ready and awaiting further word.

But here's the deal, Feds. If you kill anyone or burn somebody's house or church down with them inside, you will have started a civil war, no matter how despicable the Hutaree are, or how crazy, or how provocative. If that happens, there will be NOTHING responsible leaders of the constitutional militia movement will be able to do from our side to stop it. You will have crossed the Rubicon.

The Hutaree have indicated in the past that, much like John Brown, they WANTED to start a civil war, which is why no responsible militia group in Michigan was willing to ally with them.

But if you give them what they want, there will be nothing anybody else can do to stop it, you stupid blundering bastards.

May God have mercy on our country, its arrogant government and uncomprehending people but in any case, may God save the Republic.

Mike Vanderboegh

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Man, I hate to pick nits, but this is a real pet peeve of mine...

Martial law, not Marshall law.
    Could be worse...I've seen "Marital" Law.

That brings many odd images to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Could be worse...I've seen "Marital" Law.

That brings many odd images to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Good grief...the msm story sounds canned. Does seem like they are test driving a round up of the disgruntled. Have felt from the get go they are baiting with the healthcare stories. Boys and their toys- they haven't been making all those pretty toys available to the local law thugs for no reason.
    The federal government is arming many of its agencies, IRS, DOE, others. Like they are gearing up for a rebellion.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are monitoring all of these forums, see how much sympathy they get, how many people are actively interested in the erosion of our liberties.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    So these guys are the alleged target? http://hutaree.com/
    Yes, at least in part.
    They were attending a funeral (or Wake) for a member. Likely the one mentioned on the site.

They were recently mentioned in a news story (link posted earlier) assisting Local LE in search and rescue ops.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by MN Patriot View Post
    The federal government is arming many of its agencies, IRS, DOE, others. Like they are gearing up for a rebellion.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are monitoring all of these forums, see how much sympathy they get, how many people are actively interested in the erosion of our liberties
    Josh ran off some DHS server IPs a year or so ago.

Normally I would have said yes, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Now, I don't know, they seem to be concentrating their efforts at Mylinkedinfacespace more. Those sites are a fed's playground.

That being said, I'd never dismiss the possibility.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast