Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North Korea Torpedos South Korean Naval Vessel

Exclamation North Korea Torpedos South Korean Naval Vessel

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/03...order-n-korea/

Military officials said the 1,200-ton ship Cheonan was patrolling in waters south of the maritime border with North Korea when an explosion occurred at the stern of the ship, which carries a crew of 104 sailors, KBS World Radio reported.

South Korean broadcaster SBS said many of the sailors were feared dead, as the country's president, Lee Myung-Bak, called an emergency meeting of security-related ministers.

Twenty-four sailors have been rescued from the vessel, officials told the Korea Herald, and navy ships and helicopters continue to circle in an attempt to save more crew members, KBS World Radio reported.
    Live Twitter Feed:

http://www.google.com/#q=korea&hl=en...cdf8cbbf06dc4f

YouTube - Korean War Documentary 2009, fear in the DMZ - Kulture shock part 1 of 2

YouTube - Korean War Documentary 2009, fear in the DMZ - Kulture shock part 2 of 2

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This can't be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry
    Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
    Democracy or Republic, Which is it?

My first contribution to the campaign

The Best Ron Paul Poster EVER!!!

Dear United States,

STAY OUT OF IT.

Sincerely,
    A citizen
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

What's up with the spam at the signature line, Clb09?
    Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist.
    ~Edmund Burke

Μολὼν λαβέ

its fox news, tomorrow we will find out they shot a torpedo at themselves.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

In other news, a US vessel, flying North Korean flags was seen speedily leaving the area.

I like to guess how long before some clown here ties it to a US conspiracy theory. Things are getting better here I see it was not until all the way to post #7.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I like to guess how long before some clown here ties it to a US conspiracy theory. Things are getting better here I see it was not until all the way to post #7.
    Yeah, because it's not like the USA has military bases everywhere all over the world, so it's not like anyone at the Pentagon has any kind of interest in conflict, or anything along those lines...

Anyway, he was just making a joke about the very real reality that covert false-flag type things happen all of the time, and obviously the Pentagon is very much steeped in these kinds of things all over the place...
    Last edited by Petar; 03-26-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Gulf of Tonkin

Is it wrong to view events in the light of known history?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

While we ought not be going to war over it, that doesn't mean that other countries aren't necessarily aggressive and willing to attack other countries. North Korea has claimed South Korea throughout its history, and it is ruled by a madman who starves his people and persecutes whoever doesn't worship him as a god. That isn't exactly the kind of guy who is a peaceful joe who'd never attack anybody.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

You should change the title of this post. WHERE IS THE PROOF? You are going to state that North Korea torpedod this ship just because our media told you so? Give me a break. Mods should put [allegedly] in title. This is all based off one AP article. This could have been an accident (USS Maine) or even fake (Gulf of Tonkin) or even as a previous post stated, straight up fraudulent (Lusitania).

The Tea Partiers better protest any involvement in this or they are all hypocrites.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

God forbid, even considering the possibility.

USS Maine.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

lol, you called it a "US conspiracy theory"

There are no "US conspiracy theories"

They are globalist conspiracy theories, and the vast majority aren't even theories, they are just about you not caring enough to research for yourself and believing the establishment media.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Latest update, no mention of torpedo, NorKo or attack:

Report: SKorean ship sinks, deaths among sailors

AP

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100326/...rea_ship_sinks

By KWANG-TAE KIM, Associated Press Writer Kwang-tae Kim, Associated Press Writer – 11 mins ago

SEOUL, South Korea – A news report says a number of South Korean sailors died when their military ship sank off an island not far from North Korea.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency cited an unidentified naval official early Saturday as saying there were some deaths. The military says it cannot confirm the report but says 58 of the 104 crew members on board the ship that sank late Friday were safe.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Military officials say a South Korean navy ship has sunk off an island not far from North Korea.

An official with the Joint Chiefs of Staff in Seoul said early Saturday that the ship sank some four hours after it began taking on water. The official spoke on condition of anonymity, in line with department policy.

The official said at least 58 of the 104 crew members have been rescued. There was no immediate confirmation of casualties. A rescue operation was still under way.

The cause of the sinking was not immediately clear.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are all jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts. This kind of behavior is exactly what killed other valid conspiracy theories. Go ahead give ammunition to our opponents so they can destroy more liberty candidates.

You are all jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts. This kind of behavior is exactly what killed other valid conspiracy theories. Go ahead give ammunition to our opponents so they can destroy more liberty candidates.
    No one is saying anything as definite. It's all speculation at this point, as no one is passing their opinion as fact. Right now, we don't know much. What I do know is, I don't trust politicians, and I am skeptical about all mainstream media reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry
    Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
    Democracy or Republic, Which is it?

My first contribution to the campaign

The Best Ron Paul Poster EVER!!!

Nobody really knows anything yet.

I just posted the latest update that has no mention of any attack whatsoever.

They could have just sunk.

To jump to a conclusion in any direction isn't warranted just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Erazmus View Post
    No one is saying anything as definite. It's all speculation at this point, as no one is passing their opinion as fact. Right now, we don't know much. What I do know is, I don't trust politicians, and I am skeptical about all mainstream media reports.
    +1

What the $#@! are you talking about?!?!

YOU are the one who is speculating that it definitely was not a result of US intelligence (US intelligence being a GLOBALIST conspiracy, along with the entire US govt..). YOU are the theorist speculator around here.

WE are the ones sitting back and watching how the media reacts, because watching how the media reacts is one of the best ways to find out what really happened.

If the media starts to beat the war drums or starts trying to promote an agenda, then there is a strong likelihood we have a false flag attack on our hands. Notice I said "strong likeliehood"

At this point I have no idea, it could have been a $#@!ing microwave exploding in the kitchen for all I know.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    WE are the ones sitting back and watching how the media reacts, because watching how the media reacts is one of the best ways to find out what really happened.

If the media starts to beat the war drums or starts trying to promote an agenda, then there is a strong likelihood we have a false flag attack on our hands
    . Notice I said "strong likeliehood"
    Boy, that, +1

Funny, posted before the latest, then updated quickly.

North Korea Threatens Nuclear Strikes on South, US

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...9?sms_ss=email

(March 26) -- North Korea is threatening to unleash "unprecedented nuclear strikes" against South Korea and the U.S. as those two countries prepare for possible instability in the totalitarian communist state.

-snip-

Meanwhile, the top American commander in South Korea, Gen. Walter Sharp, testified before the House Appropriations Committee this week and warned of the possibility of further turmoil in the North. He cited the country's weak economy, the malnourishment of soldiers and the general population, and the nation's nuclear weapons.

"The possibility of a sudden leadership change in the North could be destabilizing and unpredictable," Sharp said. South Korean media have reported that the U.S. and Seoul are coordinating military contingency plans for when Kim dies.

The North accuses Washington and Seoul of plotting to topple its government -- a claim both capitals deny.

I wonder how deep the water is? An inspection of the ship would tell if it was attacked or was the result of an internal explosion.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All I was saying is lets not be too quick to judge without knowing all the facts. We already know that it is in the realm of possibility that the North may attack to hold on to power considering the desparate situation described above. But instead the thread went to to false flag which I find typical of some.

For me I am not taking an opinion any which way without more information.
    Last edited by kahless; 03-26-2010 at 12:39 PM.

I don't feel this is false-flag. But would I shocked if it was? No.

Maybe I just can't see where a false-flag here would help their agenda.

Lightbulb YO! YOU KREMLIN WALL WATCHERs ONE ANd ALL!!!

kim jong-il is now once again perhaps ill?
    i remember the demise of kim il sung...
    i also remember the pueblo incident.
    if she holds our military might tightly back
    until we spot an interum leader, i feel
    that ms. hillary clinton will have half-earned
    her SoS salary this very day, this year!

just when lil ole ms. hillary C. thought her
    immediate boss had the much tougher job...

Cool i hope ms. hillary sorta knows someone who knows korean...

yo! to all you ancient out of work china watchers...
    confucuis seyz the most allusively quiet dude or dudette
    north of that legendary parallel is mayhap the next N.K leader

For me I am not taking an opinion any which way without more information.
    Neither am I.
    I am looking at several stories, and conflicting information.
    The Thread title is misleading, As NO N.Korean ships were seen in the area.

There have been continuing tensions in that region. Yet another region that we should not be involved in. And yet we are. And have been. For over 50 years.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast