Thread: TN Legislator calls for horse slaughter! (this is awesome)

Talking TN Legislator calls for horse slaughter! (this is awesome)

http://www.nashvillescene.com/2010-0...rse-slaughter/

For Rep Niceley, slaughter is the solution because it creates “an end product for a horse, so they won’t get so cheap. Right now you can get a horse for $10 or $20 at a sale,” he says. A horse can be “a valuable product” for the meat and hide, which will give owners “a reason to keep them healthy.”

Niceley says the opposition to horse slaughter isn’t rational but emotional — the result of misplaced sentiment by those he calls, with sneering sexism, “Desperate Horsewives. Girls all want a horse when they’re little; they don’t want to eat Trigger. But we eat livestock, that’s what we do.”

Niceley admits that Americans aren’t exactly clamoring to their butchers for equine flesh. “But there’s a good export market” in Europe and the Far East “that would bring new wealth into the state from overseas,” he notes. “They eat a lot of horse meat in China.” Of course, what Nicely doesn’t mention is that some Chinese eat dog meat, as well. Maybe he’s also hit on a master strategy for the state’s pet shelters.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought they used horse meat in dog food? am I incorrect?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll put in a good word about horse steaks to my butcher
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Sneering sexism, fah. I'll be glad when the day comes where someone can make a joke and be merited on how funny it is and not labeled an 'ism'.

we have a US senator coming by our diner next week to promote the use of Carp in our normal food courses.
    Apparently the chinese carp are destroying our natural habitats and they are trying to create a market for it to reduce their numbers.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post
    Sneering sexism, fah. I'll be glad when the day comes where someone can make a joke and be merited on how funny it is and not labeled an 'ism'.
    You've got to knock it off with the wrongthink, RM. You're going to get us all 're-educated'.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    we have a US senator coming by our diner next week to promote the use of Carp in our normal food courses.
    Apparently the chinese carp are destroying our natural habitats and they are trying to create a market for it to reduce their numbers.
    I suppose selling them back to China and reducing the trade deficit is out of the question. Use them as food aid to Haiti?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

LibForestPaul

Business idea...

Can horses be legally exported to Mexico? Does Mexico have any ban on slaughtering horse? Does Mexico have any ban on exporting horse meat?

Butchery probably much cheaper than in the states.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Did anybody else think of the scene from O Brother, Where Art Thou? where they eat a horse and find out in the middle of eating it?
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Give it a new name and slick marketing. What do you think talapia is? Nothing but a bottom feeding cichlid