Thread: Wikipedia site on Kokesh

Wikipedia site on Kokesh

Kokesh's opponent Tom Mullins, www.mullinsforcongress.com, won the New Mexico GOP Pre-primary nominating convention held March 13, 2010 with 80.45 percent of the vote to Kokesh's 19.54. Kokesh is attempting to gather signatures to have his name placed on the ballot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kokesh

Seems like his wiki page is full of info trying to destroy him. Does its benefits outweigh the negativity?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea that definitely shouldn't be there. I just removed it.

Looks like Michelle Malkin wrote it...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Looks like Michelle Malkin wrote it...
    Kokesh should take Malkin out to dinner, and video tape the whole evening.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    Yea that definitely shouldn't be there. I just removed it.
    its up on wiki again.
    Rules to gain ground for our efforts. Remember we are the role models for liberty don't abuse it.
    Constructive criticism
    No condescending tones
    Allow room for disagreement
    Be respectful
    It takes time
    Don't flip out when "bad" things happen
    Be forward looking and be part of the solution not just the reaction
    There is no perfect candidate
    Support freedom locally as well as nationally
    Don't worry about negatives said against us but instead worry about giving something positive to say.

yea, i realized that too. either wikipedia didn't approve the deletion or the mullins campaign is watching this site.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I removed it again. It's someone from the mullin's campaign.

Can someone add the latest endorsement from Bruce Fein? I don't know how to do the links properly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Fein - Fein's page. I don't have a good link for the endorsement. Will they accept Adam's page?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The question I don't see discussed here is whether or not that fact about the Mullins/Kokesh straw poll is true. If its true, it belongs on the page. If it's false, by all means take it down. But I have a lot of respect for wikipedia as an unbiased, open source provider of information. I'd rather we not take the political tennis match to the wikipedia court.

That said, including a link to Mullin's campaign site is BS, and not in the encyclopediac spirit, and considering that Kokesh's entire Congressional Race section is a paragraph long, I'd like to see a lot more info before I consider such information to be genuinely important.

Isn't there a way to tag the page as contested? Or will wikipedia do that itself if it gets changed back and forth enough?
    Last edited by Nathan Hale; 03-23-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    The question I don't see discussed here is whether or not that fact about the Mullins/Kokesh straw poll is true.
    No it doesn't belong there. It might belong on Mullin's article (probably not though). And it certainly would fit on a page about the race in general (but not in such biased terms.)

I could possibly see including a sentence about how KOKESH did in this straw poll thing, because the article is about him after all. But putting a story about someone besides Kokesh on KOKESH's page and then linking to the campaign website in a very un-wiki type of way is way out of place. Furthermore, a million campaign events have happened. What makes this one more notable than the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Isn't there a way to tag the page as contested? Or will wikipedia do that itself if it gets changed back and forth enough?
    Wiki admins will notice if the page is being heavily edited. Right now it's no where close. It's normal to have disagreements on wiki pages and editor wars. Most pages have them.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    Kokesh's opponent Tom Mullins, www.mullinsforcongress.com, won the New Mexico GOP Pre-primary nominating convention held March 13, 2010 with 80.45 percent of the vote to Kokesh's 19.54. Kokesh is attempting to gather signatures to have his name placed on the ballot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kokesh

Seems like his wiki page is full of info trying to destroy him. Does its benefits outweigh the negativity?
    I don't edit Wikipedia, but I would suggest that the opening paragraph needs to be rewritten, and the entire page beefed up. The protest/hearings paragraphs can be moved further down the page. Those are details that should be further down on the page, not the introduction.

Here's a start at a major edit, can someone pass this by Adam for updates?

Adam Charles Kokesh (born February 1, 1982) is running a grassroots campaign for Congress in New Mexico's 3rd Congressional District. A national Tea Party leader, Adam is a life-long Republican who is pro-gun, pro-life, and a supporter of small businesses. Adam was a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps Reserve and is a veteran of the Iraq War

1 - Early life <needs update>

Where was he born, when did he move to New Mexico, schooled, etc, etc...can someone get content from Adam?

Before running for Congress, Adam was active in veterans' issues. He attended George Washington University to pursue a Masters in Political Management after attending Claremont McKenna College with a major in Government and Psychology. He fought in Fallujah, Iraq, after volunteering to join the 3rd Civil Affairs Unit. During his service in Fallujah, Adam was promoted to Sergeant and awarded a Combat Action Ribbon and Navy Commendation Medal. He had originally enlisted in the United States Marine Corps at the age of seventeen. It was while attending the Native American Preparatory School in San Ysidro, New Mexico that he inspired by one of his mentors to enlist.

2 - Congressional run

In April 2009, Adam Kokesh supporters created a draft website to encourage Kokesh to run for United States Congress representing New Mexico's 3rd congressional district. Soon after, Kokesh launched an exploratory committee, and on July 4, 2009, he officially announced his candidacy at a supporter rally.[19] On the same day, supporters formed a moneybomb that raised more than $25,000 in a 24 hour period. On July 21, 2009, Kokesh announced that he would be running as a libertarian-oriented Republican and is receiving support from Ron Paul.[20] The Republican Liberty Caucus, the PAC that represents the libertarian wing of the Republican Party, has endorsed Kokesh.[21]

Adam Kokesh has been endorsed by Bruce Fein. Bruce Fein served as associate deputy attorney general from 1981-82 under President Ronald Regan. Mr. Fein is a graduate of Harvard Law School, and is renowned as an expert on constitutional law.

"I enthusiastically endorse the candidacy of Adam Kokesh for the United States Congress. He brings a fresh and enlightened approach to governing that makes the individual, not Empire, the center of the nation’s universe." -Bruce Fein

2.1 - Positions and Issues

Adam has dedicated his life to fighting for individual rights and constitutional government. He hopes to continue that work as the next Congressman from New Mexico's Third District. He is running to restore constitutional government in this country, and to hold the line against waste, fraud, and abuse in Federal spending.

2.1.1 - Jobs and the Economy

Adam believes that New Mexicans need someone in Washington willing to fight for small businesses and working families. "Stimulus" packages and bailouts have only hurt our economy and put us deeper in debt.

To get New Mexicans back to work, Adam will support tax cuts. He will work to repeal unnecessary regulations and departments. He will not vote for a penny of Federal spending that isn't authorized by the Constitution.

Adam understands that it's you, the citizens of New Mexico, that create jobs, not bureaucrats in Washington.

2.1.2 - Health-care <needs update>

The Health-care system in America needs less government involvement to increase competition and bring prices down. A government takeover of our health-care system, like the one currently being considered, would be disastrous for our country and our budget.

The influence of lobbyists has taken precedence over the interests of the people. We should localize health-care to the state level, making it more accountable to the people and less prone to corruption.

We should stop mandating a corporate system of health-care. This only makes people more dependent on corporate jobs, and creates an unnatural dependency on HMOs.

We should allow communities to organize health-care for themselves, rather than imposing a “one size fits all” model from the top down. This is the best way to achieve the noble goal of providing the best health-care for all Americans.

2.1.3 - VETERANS

As a Marine, Adam saw firsthand the effects of warfare on the mind and body. Adam believes it is essential that we show appropriate gratitude to our veterans. Adam has dealt personally with the Veterans Administration and worked in helping other veterans, and advocates full health-care for life as the least we can do for service members who have served in combat zones. It should be budgeted with any defense spending authorization that puts troops in harms way. We must work to reduce the obscenely high rate of veteran suicides today. It is time to fully incorporate the cost of taking care of our veterans into the cost of war.

2.1.4 - NATIONAL DEFENSE

Adam believes we must protect Americans by having a strong military. It is the responsibility of Congress to unleash the full force necessary to repel genuine threats.

The executive branch has set a dangerous precedent by taking powers that are supposed to be vested in the Congress. We find ourselves spending hundreds of billions of dollars more than is necessary for legitimate defense. By reclaiming these powers for the Congress, we can honor the Constitution, minimize corruption, and ensure that our military is properly funded.

We should not engage in "nation-building" or search for "monsters to destroy" abroad. Our country is safest when our troops are on our own shores, ready to repel foreign threats.

2.1.5 - IMMIGRATION

First and foremost we must secure our borders. The Federal Government has neglected this important responsibility.

We must take away the incentive structure that encourages people to enter the US illegally. We must also end amnesty for illegal aliens.

We need to make sure law-abiding Americans aren't losing jobs to people who aren't paying by the rules.

2.1.6 - Abortion

Adam is pro-life. He believes that life starts at conception, and abortion is a procedure that ends a life. In cases of rape, incest, or when the life of the mother is at risk, the difficult decision is best left to the women, her doctor, and her creator.

Because there are unintended consequences of all government actions, we must heed the advice of the founders and respect the Constitutional position of keeping this an issue for New Mexico to decide, not the federal government.

Because of his respect for life and the Constitution, Adam will never vote for a single federal dollar for an abortion. He supports those members of Congress and the Senate who are standing up against the inclusion of funding for abortion in the pending health care legislation.
    Those other sections can be renumbered and put below (and probably edited).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Wiki admins will notice if the page is being heavily edited. Right now it's no where close. It's normal to have disagreements on wiki pages and editor wars. Most pages have them.
    It's time to update that page!

okay, i updated the page..feel free to change whatever you want!

okay, i updated the page..feel free to change whatever you want!
    Great! Looking good now.

Lol, a Mullins campaign staffer thinks they can out-edit RPF
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i think we should start taking some hits on his page. Any info on the username of the person editing, and what else they are linked to ?
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, a Mullins campaign staffer thinks they can out-edit RPF
    What's really funny, is due to my reversions, a Mullin's editor editing without an account asked admins to lock the page.

If an admin locks the page it will block him from editing but won't effect me with my 3 year old account.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    i think we should start taking some hits on his page. Any info on the username of the person editing, and what else they are linked to ?
    Coming from this IP range... 198.133.105.xxx

What's really funny, is due to my reversions, a Mullin's editor editing without an account asked admins to lock the page.

If an admin locks the page it will block him from editing but won't effect me with my 3 year old account.
    Heh. Will they lock it?

ETA - the user who added the Mullins site also has an account. BlackSwanNewMexico.
    Last edited by angelatc; 03-24-2010 at 01:53 PM.

i don't think mullins has a wiki site..does he? couldn't find one.

i don't think mullins has a wiki site..does he? couldn't find one.
    even better!~
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

haha, i added a Kokesh picture, but it is huge! anyone know how to scale it down? Do I have to scale it down while adding it to wiki commons?

haha, i added a Kokesh picture, but it is huge! anyone know how to scale it down? Do I have to scale it down while adding it to wiki commons?
    LMAO! I can resize it, but someone with madder skillz can probably do it with HTML.

Heck, I'll try it.

Where did the picture come from though? Wikipedia is really picky about picture permissions and I won't pretend to understand them. BrandonYates probably knows though.

I have resized the picture, but I don't know if I can figure out how to fix it on Wikipedia:
    Last edited by angelatc; 03-29-2010 at 08:37 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whoever did his page forgot to add his views on the Federal Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by RileyE104 View Post
    Whoever did his page forgot to add his views on the Federal Reserve
    If you summarize his position on the fed, I will definitely add it.