Thread: Hostettler town halls

Hostettler town halls

If you live in Indiana, Hostettler is doing a series of 20-25 town halls all over the state between now and the primary. Wherever you live in Indiana, there will be at least one near you. Whenever there's one in your area, the campaign could use any help you can give them in publicizing it. If you need any info about when and where they'll be and whom you can contact about how to help for any of them, let me know.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is he doing in the primary erowe? I dont know why he doesnt get more support here as he has stuck his neck out on iraq but there are one or two bad things in his record like voting for the PATRIOT act so maybe that has put the admins off but whatever else he is much more preferable to the DC lobbyist

You should tell the campaign he needs to copy Rand Paul and make this about the deficit and the debt. he needs to hit those themes hard and he needs to paint his opponent as a DC lobbyist

Hoosiers will be able to submit questions to Republican candidates vying for the Indiana Senate seat being vacated by Evan Bayh and watch the candidates' responses live online and on television stations broadcasting the event.

John Hostettler, Dan Coats, Don Bates Jr., Richard Behney and Marlin Stutzman have agreed to terms of the debate sponsored by the Indiana Debate Commission and hosted by Indianapolis public television station WFYI on April 20 at 7 p.m. CST.

The public can submit questions online at IndianaDebateCommission.com. A committee of the debate commission will screen all questions and select other participants in the event.

Thirteen groups affiliated with the commission will send members from the public to in a news conference after the debate, where they will be allowed to ask additional questions. Area high school students will also be invited.

“Ours is the nation's only non-partisan, non-government organization devoted solely to enriching citizen knowledge of candidates and issues through quality debates,” said Dennis Ryerson, president of the commission and editor of The Indianapolis Star.

More information on the event is available on the commission's website.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...ate-debate-li/

EVANSVILLE — Former Rep. John Hostettler, a Republican U.S. Senate candidate, will hold a town hall meeting at 7 p.m. March 29 at Ivy Tech Community College.

Hostettler's campaign appearance in Ivy Tech's main auditorium is part of a series of such meetings the former 8th District congressman will hold across the state before the May 4 GOP Senate primary.

Hostettler's opponents in the primary are former Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., state Sen. Marlin Stutzman of Howe, Fishers businessman Richard Behney and Richmond financial adviser Don Bates Jr.

“These Town Hall meetings are the essence of what this campaign is about, a principled, honest dialogue with Indiana voters about the problems facing our state and nation, and the true solutions to those problems,” Hostettler said in a statement released today.

“Sound bytes and rhetoric will not get this country on track, but a careful examination of the issues and strict adherence to the principles espoused by our Founding Fathers will. I look forward to continuing to meet with voters across the state.”

A schedule of the meetings is available at http://www.johnhostettler.com/

Hostettler will appear at 7:30 p.m. today at Miami County GOP Headquarters in Peru, Ind.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...ll-evansville/

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    How is he doing in the primary erowe?
    It's really hard to tell. There are no primary polls. I don't know how his fund raising has been. He does really well in the general election polls, which tells me he must be doing pretty well, but I don't know how those results translate into the primaries.

I definitely don't think he has the most support in my area. But I live clear on the other end of the state from his district. And up here a lot of the anti-Coats people are backing Stutzman, who's a state senator from not far from here. I can envision one scenario where Coats wins with a plurality by having all the anti-establishment conservatives splitting their votes. Coats will also probably have the funding edge which will pay off once he starts running ads closer to the primary.

I will say this. I definitely think Hostettler stands a great shot at winning both the primary and the general election. He might not be in quite as good of a position as Rand is now. But he's within reach for sure. If people want to give money to a constitutionalist candidate where their donation can make a tangible difference between him being a US senator or not, they should donate to Hostettler.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    It's really hard to tell. There are no primary polls. I don't know how his fund raising has been. He does really well in the general election polls, which tells me he must be doing pretty well, but I don't know how those results translate into the primaries.

I definitely don't think he has the most support in my area. But I live clear on the other end of the state from his district. And up here a lot of the anti-Coats people are backing Stutzman, who's a state senator from not far from here. I can envision one scenario where Coats wins with a plurality by having all the anti-establishment conservatives splitting their votes. Coats will also probably have the funding edge which will pay off once he starts running ads closer to the primary.

I will say this. I definitely think Hostettler stands a great shot at winning both the primary and the general election. He might not be in quite as good of a position as Rand is now. But he's within reach for sure. If people want to give money to a constitutionalist candidate where their donation can make a tangible difference between him being a US senator or not, they should donate to Hostettler.
    Hostettler will get donations from me after Rand's primary. I'm going to go in for Hostettler and for Schiff if he has a chance.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

Looks like I'll be at IvyTech on March 29.

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    Hostettler will get donations from me after Rand's primary. I'm going to go in for Hostettler and for Schiff if he has a chance.
    Hostettler's primary is before Rand's. The primary is where Hostettler needs the most help. I'm not saying you should donate to him now, I just want you to be aware of that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll go to the Evansville one.

Any others in southwestern Indiana?
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    The Indiana primary is before Kentucky's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    I'll go to the Evansville one.

Any others in southwestern Indiana?
    Yes. I can check, but I'm pretty sure there are others. I'll get back to you.

Evansville townhall is TONIGHT.

I'll be there.