Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: China should build the world's strongest military and move swiftly to topple the US

China should build the world's strongest military and move swiftly to topple the US

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6200P620100301

China should build the world's strongest military and move swiftly to topple the United States as the global "champion," a senior Chinese PLA officer says in a new book reflecting swelling nationalist ambitions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I say let them do it and spend their money.

Spend spend spend
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

I'm not going to completely discount the possibility, but in general, when even the most powerful military goes against guerilla forces and civilians protecting their homeland, they fall flat on their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    I say let them do it and spend their money.
    I find it ironic that if they did do something like invade, all of us domestic radicals would be the only ones that have any idea how to defend ourselves.

I always bring that up when I get the demeaning Liberal trying to insult me.

i wouldnt fight for this $#@!ty government...If China ever did invade I'd just move to some caribean island

Quote Originally Posted by sofia View Post
    i wouldnt fight for this $#@!ty government...If China ever did invade I'd just move to some caribean island
    I would not fight for this government but I would fight for my family, my home, my community and my people.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    I would not fight for this government but I would fight for my family, my home, my community and my people.
    China is an authoritarian state....but they really have no interest in conquering us.

If we ever went to war and China invaded, it would only be because we continue to provoke and threaten them.

They might just be content with just toppling our criminal regime and allowing us to replace it with a non interventionist government.

One thing is for sure....something is in the works. Hollywood is releasing a new Red Dawn this year....with China invading USA.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is what I mean. Of course half my community and my family are on board with the left.

They say the rebels in Iraq still fight for Saddam
    but thats bull$#@! ill show you why its totally wrong
    'cause if another country invaded the hood tonight
    it'd be warfare through harlem and washington heights
    i wouldnt be fighting for bush or white americas dream
    id be fighting for my people, survival and self-esteem
    i wouldnt fight for racist churches in the south my nigga
    id be fighting to keep the occupation out my nigga
    you ever clocked someone who talk $#@! or look at you wrong
    imagine if they shot at you and was rapin your moms

Waste of money like the US and SU in the Cold War. The military should only be for defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I'm not going to completely discount the possibility, but in general, when even the most powerful military goes against guerilla forces and civilians protecting their homeland, they fall flat on their faces.
    It depends how much stomach you have. If the US wanted we could turn Afghanistan or Iraq into a parking lot in 48 hours.

The Chinese might care less about civilian casualties than we do.

maybe they'd take back Taiwan first....baby steps
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

They are talking about defending themselfs from the Israel-US-UK-West Junta thats all. Russia, China and the East are becoming what the US and the West were during the Cold War and the West is becoming the new USSR.

"To save itself, to save the world, China must prepare to become the (world's) helmsman."

I wish them good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post

That probably depends on your definition of "we"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

China doesn't need its military to topple the US. Gregory Zerzan was deputy assistant secretary and acting assistant secretary of the Treasury under Bush and wrote "Dollar is a national security issue"
    http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009...ecurity-issue/
    But this can last only as long as the world has faith in the dollar. Many things can shake that faith, ranging from long-term budget deficits to economic weakness to dissatisfaction with U.S. foreign policy. There is no permanent reason the world has to prefer the dollar.

Losing the dollar's leading role would have profound implications for the United States. It would be much more difficult to borrow money, and interest rates would have to rise. Foreign governments would sell dollars to buy other currencies or assets. America would likewise need other currencies to buy critical resources like oil and iron ore. This would further drive down value and increase inflation.

These changes would likely occur over time, but losing the dollar's status would immediately place America in a vulnerable position. If the world no longer relied on the dollar, other nations could try to intentionally destroy its value. The results of an attack on the dollar would be disastrous.

The U.S. budget, which currently operates by running a $12 trillion debt, would have to radically shrink. Unable to meet our obligations, funding for basic services would be slashed and entitlements like Social Security would go unpaid. Most significant, the United States military would be unable to support its operations on anything close to current levels. America would lose the flexibility it has to fund a military with a global presence. Not coincidentally, the foremost competitors to the United States are also the biggest proponents of slashing the dollar's role. China, Russia and Iran are among the leading advocates for replacing the dollar.
    Americans seem to be catching on:
    "Zogby Interactive: Americans Say Debt to China More Serious Threat Than Terrorism"
    http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1824
    which just makes Ron Paul all the more credible. If it came down to Ron Paul vs. Obama in 2012, it would be a repeat of Reagan vs. Carter in 1980, only this time we'd have someone serious about getting the job done.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fj45lvr View Post
    maybe they'd take back Taiwan first....baby steps
    Didn't we just send Taiwan a bunch of weapons and China got pissed?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Better hope they don't follow U.S. example of foreign policy. Making the world safe for commacracy.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Exactly right. Occupations are unwinnable.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Well, China is in a pickle at the moment. They've been manipulating currencies and are in heavy denial that they are just as responsible as the next for global conditions.

The uppers are getting ready to play hardball with China because the Chinese over played their hand and are late to realize that the U.S. actually has the upper hand in our current situation.

So now we wait to see how things play out,but the last time things like this played out we ended up with World War 2.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

it would be kind of funny to see us trying to engage in an arms race with the very people that bankroll us.

~ in a twisted train wreck kind of way

Why do they need a military to topple what's already rightfully theirs?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Why do they need a military to topple what's already rightfully theirs?
    Because the next move is to accuse China of fraud. Lets see how they react. We can see how they are starting to react based on these comments, but that's the situation.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

obama...is that you??
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    am I your people? massa
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    It depends how much stomach you have. If the US wanted we could turn Afghanistan or Iraq into a parking lot in 48 hours.

Radioactive parking lots aren't really worth taking over.

And people tend to have consciences, warped though they sometimes are. It'd be hard to get a large number of people to go along with the mass murder of millions of people who are obviously not even a threat.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    obama...is that you??
    No, obama will just send others off to protect his power and the power of his corpratist buddies.
    Last edited by tremendoustie; 03-16-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    Radioactive parking lots aren't really worth taking over.

And people tend to have consciences, warped though they sometimes are. It'd be hard to get a large number of people to go along with the mass murder of millions of people who are obviously not even a threat.
    Things like that are only supported in immediate retaliation.

Nah, this country prefers to kill millions very slowly.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Who said anything about fighting for a government? What about fighting for your own liberty, your own freedom, your own life? Perhaps you would rather die than raise yourself from a lethargic sprawl in front of your computer monitor.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

China is an authoritarian state....but they really have no interest in conquering us.

If we ever went to war and China invaded, it would only be because we continue to provoke and threaten them.

They might just be content with just toppling our criminal regime and allowing us to replace it with a non interventionist government.

One thing is for sure....something is in the works. Hollywood is releasing a new Red Dawn this year....with China invading USA.
    haha, funny you say that. a friend of mine is in the new red dawn movie coming out. she is in the prison encampment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast