Thread: Tax Returns

Tax Returns

Quick question, ive never efiled and i plan on it this year. Should I give them my bank information for direct deposit, or do they save that for the day they take everyones money? I dont want to wait a month for a check, but I dont know if I want the IRS having my bank information. Your opinions please.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Quick question, ive never efiled and i plan on it this year. Should I give them my bank information for direct deposit, or do they save that for the day they take everyones money? I dont want to wait a month for a check, but I dont know if I want the IRS having my bank information. Your opinions please.
    Unless you have an account at a bank that doesn't have your SSN, it wouldn't matter. The IRS already has access to your account.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Unless you have an account at a bank that doesn't have your SSN, it wouldn't matter. The IRS already has access to your account.

LOL! Yep, what Danke said...

If anyone thinks ANY bank account is safe from the Feds and the IRS, he's either suffering from delusions or a potentially fatal case of naivety.

Give them the info, chances are that when they come to take your money it won't be worth a hill of beans anyways.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

We are so lucky that the government gives us money like that. What would we do without the government?

You will get your refund faster and not have to deal with getting, possibly losing, and eventually depositing their check.

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    What the others have said. I've done the direct deposit thing in the past, and it gets me my money back faster, plus I don't have to waste a trip to the bank. You've already got a bank account, so it's a fairly simple decision.

I got my refund before most people got their W2's...
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I got my refund before most people got their W2's...
    me 2 i probly had it all spent before they got the w2's also
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Feds already know your bank account and have the information. It doesn't matter anyway. When my friend got audited the Feds knew everything right down to the brand of toilet paper they bought..