Thread: Debate audio - DeVore, Campbell and Fiorina

Debate audio - DeVore, Campbell and Fiorina

The first California Senate debate was held on the radio yesterday. The following links have the audio:

http://www.chuckdevore.com/n/news.as...s-first-debate

http://hoguenews.com/?p=8479

Post-debate:

Mar 5, 2010
    DeVore wins first debate

Radio station KTKZ 1380 and Eric Hogue hosted Chuck DeVore, Tom Campbell and Carly Fiorina in their first live debate for an hour.

The topics ranged from foreign policy (surrounding the controversy concerning Tom Campbell's support of Israel) to fiscal policy and government overspending.

It was clear from the outset that Chuck DeVore had a deep command of the issues. What was also clear is that Carly Fiorina and Tom Campbell could not establish their credentials as conservative Republicans. At times intense, the debate focused first on Tom Campbell and his questionable ties to Islamic extremist and past actions as a Congressman.

Chuck demonstrated his vast knowledge of foreign policy issues and laid rightful claim that he is the only true conservative in the race. At one point Assemblyman DeVore pointed out: "All of candidate fair just as well against Barbara Boxer. Why wouldn't you elect the real conservative in the race?"
    Today, Tom emerged as the clear winner of first debate of the 2010 U.S. Senate race.

Time and again, Tom brought the debate back to the real national security issues facing America today, and was the only candidate to consistently take the fight directly to Senator Barbara Boxer.

Tom's record is clear: He was the only candidate to voice clear support for Israel's pre-emptive right to self-defense against the Iranian nuclear threat, and opposes the Obama Administration's plans to try the 9/11 terrorists on American soil.

On the recent whispering campaign against him -- the reason Tom called for this debate -- Tom was unequivocal: "The silent slander stops today."

So, what really matters in this campaign?

It's simple: Tom today showed he is the only candidate prepared to be a Senator on day one. He knows the issues in depth, and said that those serving in Congress must be prepared to cast unpopular votes if necessary. That's why he was rated the #1 most fiscally responsible member of Congress by the National Taxpayers Union Foundation, and that's the kind of leadership he will bring to the Senate.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fiorina wins the award for saying "Israel" just about every time she opens her mouth.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Chuck won hands down! The "debate" was painful to listen to as it focused on who is most willing to bend over to Israel's interests, utterly pitiful. Chuck handled both children well. Its obvious he has alot of experience in the arena of foreign policy and I'm glad he didn't break out the war trumpets.
    Last edited by Free Moral Agent; 03-07-2010 at 03:42 AM.
    The Establishment hates Ron Paul because his honesty and integrity expose the rest of them for the moral reprobates they are. Their own conscience cannot bear the sight of him. His very presence condemns them. Their personal greed and ambition cringe at the very thought of Ron Paul.
 - Chuck Baldwin

Campbell.....
    At about 13min into the first section. He is defending himself saying, hey I supported giving millions to israel, what i objected to was giving them an additional 50million that was money that was supposed to go to africa. "taking money from the poorest countries of the world" With no hint of irony that the money wasn't africa's, but rather our money. We are the biggest debtor nation in the world pal. So either way you were supporting taking money from THE poorest country in the world.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 03-06-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Fiorina wins the award for saying "Israel" just about every time she opens her mouth.
    Just for fun, here's a count:

At 9:15 into segment one, Carly says "Israel" 4 times in ten seconds, with an additional 2 in the next 30 seconds. 6 mentions in her first remarks.

At 14:33, she gets another chance to talk. In about 30 seconds, she rattles off another 7 "Israels".

Seems like one of those comedy routines where they try to say a word as many times as possible.

I havent' followed this race at all. But what is wrong with Campbell? He doesn't sound bad here.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I havent' followed this race at all. But what is wrong with Campbell? He doesn't sound bad here.
    Campbell joined the race late. He was running for Governor. It was a very clear choice between Carly "establishment candidate" McFiorina and Chuck DeVore.

Campbell isn't terrible. He was involved in the CA mess with Arnold though. Somewhat tainted his fiscal conservative cred that he had built in Congress. Campbell standing up to the Israel lobby when he voted to not increase some of the foreign (welfare) aid is a good thing. We need across the board cuts, no one is immune. We talk about cutting everything here in the US, but not our foreign aid (welfare)? How backwards is that? That being said, Carly has pushed him into this "who is the biggest Israel supporter" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Campbell joined the race late. He was running for Governor. It was a very clear choice between Carly "establishment candidate" McFiorina and Chuck DeVore.

Campbell isn't terrible. He was involved in the CA mess with Arnold though. Somewhat tainted his fiscal conservative cred that he had built in Congress. Campbell standing up to the Israel lobby when he voted to not increase some of the foreign (welfare) aid is a good thing. We need across the board cuts, no one is immune. We talk about cutting everything here in the US, but not our foreign aid (welfare)? How backwards is that? That being said, Carly has pushed him into this "who is the biggest Israel supporter" nonsense.
    So basically he isn't terrible, but now he is serving as a vote splitter among the real conservative vote. That aint good. It would have been nice if Devore had jumped on the "taking money from africa" comment I noted above. IT IS NOT AFRICAS MONEY! IT IS OUR MONEY.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.