Thread: Debra Medina for TX-14 U.S. Congress in 2012!

Debra Medina for TX-14 U.S. Congress in 2012!

Just a hunch, but I think Ron Paul will retire and run for President in 2012.

What better replacement, if that indeed happens, than Medina?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul isnt' going anywhere. He's as spry as most 60 year olds, and has another decade in Congress at least. Medina should run again for Governor in 2014. Her willingness to stand up to the Feds and affinity for nullification and interposition make her better suited for the Governor's mansion anyway.

I saw Medina was getting only like 14% in his district when I looked on elected night.

The only reason she would be especially strong there would be if Paul were backing her, and that doesn't mean she would automatically win. Plus she might be a carpet bagger if she just came there and ran all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    I saw Medina was getting only like 14% in his district when I looked on elected night.

The only reason she would be especially strong there would be if Paul were backing her, and that doesn't mean she would automatically win. Plus she might be a carpet bagger if she just came there and ran all of a sudden.
    Do you ever have anything positive and encouraging to say about Liberty candidates or are you just naturally a Debbie Downer wannabe?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post

Wharton is in the 14th.
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

Ron Paul can keep his house seat AND run for President. But we can see Paul will have a very hard time winning the Texas Pres Primary in 2012. Right now, he'd only get 18% of Texas' vote. The rest going to RINOs like Palin.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

The advantage for Paul is that there will be no substantial Democratic primary more than likely. If there is no major Dem primary, they can crossover and vote for Ron Paul.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does Medina live in the 14th district? I'd rather see her run in her home district than move and become a "Carpet bagger." Or she could run for senate.
    Republican Precinct Committeeman, Arizona LD21.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

I like this idea.

Her home IS in the 14th District as far as I can tell. A congressional district is much smaller than the state of Texas, so her smaller amount of fundraising would be effective.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

She is chair of a county GOP in the 14th district

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Just a hunch, but I think Ron Paul will retire and run for President in 2012.

What better replacement, if that indeed happens, than Medina?

You were certainly right about Paul's retirement & campaign, and I've heard rumblings that Medina will run for US Congress, but it can't be in Paul's district since her county (Wharton) was separated from Paul's district and placed in 27. However, she can still represent a big chunk of his old district that was split off, and a Medina seat in Congress is a victory no matter where her district lies. She MUST run!

The Final Congressional Map

Give it a few weeks and let's see what happens. Not sayin' just sayin' :collins:

i'm hoping she runs! the 27th is below the 14th on the coast?