Thread: Are Libertarians The New Neocons?

Question Are Libertarians The New Neocons?

Up until now there was no question that it would be political suicide, much less morally wrong, to make massive numbers of unemployed, working and middle class workers, pay in order to make an ideological point. But with these incoherent tea partiers and nihilistic libertarians pulling the same kind of out sized influence the neocons did during the Great GWOT scare, this is what happens. We lose our moral consensus.
    http://www.bobcesca.com/blog-archive...ral_decli.html

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Actually, we're much more determined and informed than the neocons. The Left and rest of the statists have no idea WHO or WHAT it's tangling with.

to make massive numbers of unemployed, working and middle class workers, pay
    Government makes people pay. Libertarians are generally for voluntary behavior.

Antiwar.com: Ron Paul has some pretty vicious enemies inside the Libertarian Movement
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=233667
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Neo cons are like roaches, they were in the Democratic Party, then infiltrated the GOP, now wants to infiltrate the tea parties, libertarian party etc., they then redefine terms such as "conservative" over the years, too bad there isn't some kind of fungicide for the bastards!
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

that was a joke.
    As long as you let government spend your money, they will always spend it on those who lobby for it over those who vote for it because they lied to you to get it, and they will spend it on those who best enable them to keep lying and spending your money.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Actually, we're much more determined and informed than the neocons. The Left and rest of the statists have no idea WHO or WHAT it's tangling with.
    +1

I've yet to lose a "debate" with a "leftist". The smart ones admit I have some good points & want to hear more. Those that don't listen run away like partisan cowards while spitting out memorized talking points & ad hominem attacks at the top of their lungs. They are used to "debating" with neo-con hacks who are just as ignorant & statist as they are. They don't know how to respond when dealing with a libertarian who actually knows what they are talking about.
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political & cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'." ~Isaac Asimov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    100%. And they are going to discover it very soon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    +1

I've yet to lose a "debate" with a "leftist". The smart ones admit I have some good points & want to hear more. Those that don't listen run away like partisan cowards while spitting out memorized talking points & ad hominem attacks at the top of their lungs. They are used to "debating" with neo-con hacks who are just as ignorant & statist as they are. They don't know how to respond when dealing with a libertarian who actually knows what they are talking about.
    I usually hear, "Your ideas are too simple" OR "you're a Luddite who longs for a past period of history." They'll never engage in a serious head-to-head clash of the ideologies because their's is not based on fact. Modern-day Liberalism is generally highly-destructive 'theory' and often disintegrates when applied in the real world. Many of them don't realize that they're in actuality utopian fascists. Another disturbing trait I've realized about the majority of the left is that they view man almost solely through the prism of materialism, while almost ignoring his spiritual and mental aspects. It's very 1984ish.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-03-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Ridiculous. We're nothing like neocons.

We're all about peace, love, and "do your own thing"...even more than most liberals are!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I've yet to lose a "debate" with a "leftist".
    I've yet to get a leftist to agree to a debate.
    To a man and woman, they are all so infantile that if I press the conversation beyond talking points, they get offended and either quit or start screaming.

I think the final analysis is this: people from any political persuasion who are genuinely comfortable having their beliefs challenged inevitably end up libertarians.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Can you read the fear between the lines?