Thread: Attend Your Precinct Convention

Attend Your Precinct Convention

It's great to get out and vote, but...

Attend Your Precinct Convention

by Debra Medina on Mar 01, 2010
    We Texans Resolutions & Precinct Convention Instructions
    Do you want to put a stop to establishment politicians serving special interests instead of the people? Do you want to see a return to constitutional government and respect for individual life, liberty, and property? Do you want to see an end to property tax and a restoration of state sovereignty in Texas?

We Texans know that the first step toward achieving these goals is electing Debra Medina Governor of Texas. What you may not realize is that there is more you can do that is just as important, and you need to do it tomorrow night after the primary.

Step 1: Vote for Debra Medina in the Republican Primary on or before March 2nd.

Step 2: Attend your Republican Precinct Convention after the polls close March 2nd--become a delegate to the County or Senate District Convention and carry forward votes in favor of creating new party rules that make Republican candidates and office holders accountable to We Texans.

Voting in the primary is the first step in taking back your state and your country. One thing the establishment doesn't want you to realize is that you can do so much more.

You do not need to just beg your representatives to vote the right way and hope they hear you. You do not need to just send Debra Medina as Governor to wrestle with the legislature on her own to end the property tax and protect state sovereignty. You yourself can directly carry forward what you want from your representatives and cast a vote on it yourself to which they MUST pay attention.

The political party is one of the most powerful forces to promote the will of the people mankind has ever created, but that power is wasted if not used. We as the party CAN hold our elected officials accountable. We control who is allowed to run on the Republican ballot in Texas. We can use this power to require candidates and incumbents to tell us where they stand on the platform and we can hold them accountable if they lie to us. We can use this power to establish and enforce term limits that apply to anyone wanting to run as a Republican for any state or federal office.

The methods for achieving these goals are well understood and have been upheld in the courts time and time again, as recently as 2008 and as high as the presidential campaign level. The process is not complex but REQUIRES your involvement at party conventions the night of the primary and then again for a few days in the spring and summer. The establishment and special interests do not want this accountability and want to deny us the right to exercise this power. We will only win by making sure we have more votes present than they do.

We need your help. Find out when and where your precinct convention is tomorrow night, and attend. 90% of the time it will be at the place you voted right after the polls close, but each county sets their own time and place. This information will be posted at your polling place tomorrow or available from your county Republican party. Your precinct convention has the duty of electing delegates to the County and Senate District Conventions, and sending resolutions with those delegates. Both delegates and resolutions will eventually make their way to the Republican Party State Convention in June.

Attend your convention. Bring the resolutions available at www.medinafortexas.com/convention. Become a delegate to the County and Senate District Conventions, and vote in favor of other like-minded individuals becoming delegates. Present our resolutions and vote in favor of the party adopting the new rules they call for.

Do not expect someone else to do this for you. Do not assume establishment party officials who say all the right things about conservative principles will do anything differently than they have been. This is the battle, and it is here and now. Individual liberty demands personal responsibility.

For liberty and Texas,

Debra Medina

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh it is game time. Let's go Texans!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Very cool that she put this out. Wish I was in Texas...

Individual liberty demands personal responsibility.

For liberty and Texas,

Debra Medina
    This woman really gets it.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Myself and my wife unseated the former precinct chair of 30 years when I went in 2008. It was just my wife, myself and the precinct chair. Though, she was ready to retire her seat. Surprisingly, my precinct had the third highest amount of votes at the district convention, and I automatically had enough votes to vote myself on to the state convention.

There were a lot of empty seats and some empty precincts. Go to your precinct convention. That's where the real votes happen.

Just go back at 7 (or whenever the polls close) and ask for the Republican precinct meeting. If there isn't one, they'll give you a packet and you're the chair. You'll just go home and fill out the form stating that you're the chair and you can send it to the address given.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

BIG Bump!
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Ok, how does one find out what precinct they are in, and where that precinct votes? I know for myself (from my voter reg card), but I think many others might not have that information, since voting rules have changed this year.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmosley View Post
    Ok, how does one find out what precinct they are in, and where that precinct votes? I know for myself (from my voter reg card), but I think many others might not have that information, since voting rules have changed this year.

Go here to find your precinct, polling place etc

if all your info is "not available" then google your county

TMike
    Last edited by TruckinMike; 03-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

bump
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    bump
    +1
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by truckinmike View Post

go here to find your precinct, polling place etc

if all your info is "not available" then google your county

tmike

go texans!!!!!!!!
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

But you must remember you must be a registered member of either of the 2 parties to be a precinct chairman, at least in my state. NC recoginizes the Libertarian Party but they are totally seperated from the system.
    My county GOP website actually list the precincts and the ones where there is no chairman(open)

In Texas, there's no "registering" for a party. Open primaries. However, I have "Republican" stamped in red on my voter registration card to show how I voted in the primary. Doesn't seem to be necessary though, since the voting rolls will be at the convention and attendees can be confirmed with actual voting records.

When are county conventions? I may sign up to be the precinct rep if I know when it is.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Look on the county website and hurry most are in Feb and March , it varies by state depending on when the district and state conventions are.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    county conventions will be held on March 20th

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    In Texas, there's no "registering" for a party. Open primaries. However, I have "Republican" stamped in red on my voter registration card to show how I voted in the primary. Doesn't seem to be necessary though, since the voting rolls will be at the convention and attendees can be confirmed with actual voting records.
    Technically you affiliated with the party when you voted which is what the stamp and voter rolls are equal evidence of. The word isn't "registered" but you are officially a Texas Republican until the end of the year when the affiliation expires.

</legalwonk>

When I went to vote I asked about the convention today. I was told that there wasn't one scheduled for my precinct.

Ummm, there has to be one. So they called the Republican secretary and asked if I'd run it tonight. So I"m going to be the temp chair.

We live in a very Democratic area and there aren't many republicans. My guess is they didn't have enough people to run all the precinct conventions.

cool i can make it! Let's hope i can get some people to show up...
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.